IGNORED

Sergio Ramos

Leveller

So, it’s confirmed he is leaving Real Madrid and the media are full of stories about a potential transfer scramble to sign him up.

This seems odd. Why should the likes of Man Utd be desperate to sign a 35 year old who is arguably over the hill and certainly not “the future”?

Is it worth signing up a fading star, even for a year, to play at their level? Man City, PSG and Sevilla are getting mentioned too.

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

So, it’s confirmed he is leaving Real Madrid and the media are full of stories about a potential transfer scramble to sign him up.

This seems odd. Why should the likes of Man Utd be desperate to sign a 35 year old who is arguably over the hill and certainly not “the future”?

Is it worth signing up a fading star, even for a year, to play at their level? Man City, PSG and Sevilla are getting mentioned too.

Didn't people say similar when Man U signed Ibrahimović? 

Silva is older and he was instrumental in Chelsea’s champions league success last season.

There might be a longer term impact as they will get one, if not two decent seasons from him which will potentially hold up the progress of younger players. It’s all about the here and now in terms of success though.

Edit - Also if it means someone like Man City selling Laporte for £60m+ and having Ramos come in on a free transfer then it would also make financial sense as well.

6 minutes ago, Leveller said:

He could be the new Jody Morris.

12 minutes ago, Leveller said:

It probably IS worth it. 
Sign him up, Nige...........

17 minutes ago, Leveller said:

They did it with Raymond Blanc, who was a big success

24 minutes ago, Leveller said:

You little tinker...!!

What a player Ramos has been over the years. 5 La Liga's, 4 Champions Leagues, 2 European Championships and 1 World cup!

50 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

He will be on massive wages. I cant see much interest tbh. I reckon Roma

Originally I thought I could see him at Roma myself, but I thought his relationship with Jose was in a bad place when Jose left RM?

2 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

Originally I thought I could see him at Roma myself, but I thought his relationship with Jose was in a bad place when Jose left RM?

Probably. Maureen falls out with just about everyone

Can't see him in England. Man City, Chelsea dont need him. Liverpool a definite no. Man U maybe, but they need investment upfront. 

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Can't see him in England. Man City, Chelsea dont need him. Liverpool a definite no. Man U maybe, but they need investment upfront. 

They really don't! Up front is the only place they don't need investment.

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

Shirt sales

35 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

PSG would be my guess however UTD behind that or perhaps a move to the MLS if he accepts he probably won't get back in the Spanish squad.

9 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Well how come they are bidding for Sancho then? Last time i looked he was a forward

That doesn't mean its  position that needs strengthening. Sancho is a crazy talent, and if he's available it would be mad not to bid.

(Not saying they do or don't need investment up front, I couldn't name half the Manchester squad)

Like how City have needed a midfielder to break up play for seasons now, but we've signed none.

Archived