IGNORED

Cats coach number 1

Oh Louie louie

18 hours ago, RedReynard said:

I travelled on Coach one quite a lot for a couple of years in the early 90's. there was a bit of a hierarchy. To be fair the lot of the front hardly if ever missed an away game.  I sat in the group with Beryl's son Dave at the back. Great lad, dry sense of humour and never missed a game either. A group of us did a tour of Ireland for City's pre season and also Pisa.  The steward was Steve who came from Winsley near Bradford on Avon. Gave me a lift home one night after an away game to save getting train back. He was in charge of programme distribution at the Gate. 

It wasn't as bad as people make out but after a while I reverted back to type and started going on the train again to away games as i do now except Leeds last season.

The club was different then.  More personal....... actually a lot more.

Well said, we also went to Scotland, where Dave took the rip out of Phil Tottle (although I wonder if he ever knew) throughout. Of course Fudgie did move too coach four when CATs ran one as he knew the driver, can't remember his name. When we went to West Ham the whole convoy went the wrong way and a lad on coach 4 (one of Dave Fudge's Wedlock set), from Trowbridge I think, directed us all to Upton Park, Known as Mr Travel from that point forward...no Sat Nav, no maps.. I don't think we were late, but it was a close run thing, first time I'd seen metal detectors at a turnstile

On 19/06/2021 at 17:33, S22 said:

Hi ForeveRed, Jim blagged his way into the directors box that day after first getting himself invited and attending a wedding reception somewhere near the ground. I'm pretty sure that it was at Hartlepool where he managed to get some stray dogs through the turnstile with him onto the terracing behind the goal but that might of been on the other visit there. 

Hi @S22Thank god it wasn't just my memory playing tricks!! I'm Wayne and was fairly quiet back then, but used to go to away games with my mate Phil (Dear), who I haven't seen for years! He was last living in Luton, I believe.

2 hours ago, ForeverRed said:

Hi @S22Thank god it wasn't just my memory playing tricks!! I'm Wayne and was fairly quiet back then, but used to go to away games with my mate Phil (Dear), who I haven't seen for years! He was last living in Luton, I believe.

I remember Phil moving to Luton, but there's something at the back of my mind saying he went off to France after that

3 hours ago, ForeverRed said:

I'm Wayne and was fairly quiet back then, but used to go to away games with my mate Phil (Dear), who I haven't seen for years! He was last living in Luton, I believe.

12 minutes ago, adamski said:

I remember Phil moving to Luton, but there's something at the back of my mind saying he went off to France after that

Just to clarify, I am often called Phil, Dear, and also live in France, but I am not the one you are thinking of ?

I remember there was a married couple on coach one in the late 80s from Willsbridge. Their son had a disability and worked with the groundsman part time. He fitted on the coach a couple of times, once was quite scary as he seemed really unwell. They were also Labour councillors I believe. 

In the late 80s there was a guy who had a season ticket for City and Rovers. When both were playing away he would travel with City. If Rovers weren't playing he'd travel with City. He claimed to prefer City but admitted he was a Rovers fan also. He used to get constant, fairly good natured abuse. He was dropped off and picked up near Eastville stadium ironically. I can't remember his name either ?

Archived