IGNORED

Nonsense for Eriksen

Unan

12 minutes ago, BCFCinNW6 said:

More sentimental bollocks 

3 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

No kind gestures should ever be displayed during a sporting event. Before or after is fine, but never during. 

To be honest. For all that I thought it looked nice, I think we ARE starting to go a bit too far with all his. I've changed my mind on this.

But this would have to include ill kids, tragic deaths, old fans, legends? Difficult where to draw the lines.

38 minutes ago, grifty said:

If you first thought about how friends, team mates and supporters want to honour/be respectful to Eriksen who nearly died in front of millions of people is "I don't think they should do it that way, I think they should do it this way" then you need to have a look at yourself. Sounds awfully similar to someone who would boo kneeling to raise a message against racism...

Great post.

28 minutes ago, grifty said:

If you first thought about how friends, team mates and supporters want to honour/be respectful to Eriksen who nearly died in front of millions of people is "I don't think they should do it that way, I think they should do it this way" then you need to have a look at yourself. Sounds awfully similar to someone who would boo kneeling to raise a message against racism...

I think Phileas is perfectly entitled to react how he likes without a lecture from you.

Erikson will have been absolutely inundated by goodwill messages since the incident and would have been in no doubt of the sympathy of his friends, team mates, football fans in general, and the media.

Absolutely unnecessary to stop the game for yet more sympathy to be displayed as far as I'm concerned.

As for the 'telling off' tone of your post - do you automatically believe you are always in the right or something?

7 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

No kind gestures should ever be displayed during a sporting event. Before or after is fine, but never during. 

Nah - before or after will cause sometime to whine too.

Bottom line is we live in a society where a disturbing number of people get oddly offended by pretty much any gesture of compassion or human decency. It is quite sad, really.

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Nah - before or after will cause sometime to whine too.

Bottom line is we live in a society where a disturbing number of people get oddly offended by pretty much any gesture of compassion or human decency. It is quite sad, really.

Not just that - you have people who claim not to be offended themselves, but have a negative opinion anyway, based on how others may perceive it. Weird as ****

2 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

I will clap a player winning a throw in but i draw the line at people showing their support for their friend who nearly died in front of them 

I’m not sure which of your posts are ‘whoosh’ or not. 

For those who criticise the solidarity for those who nearly died (in this case nearly, but in many others actually) then I sincerely question your views on humanity. 

FFS why not  love our fellow men and women?  They love our sport too. 

• Admin
4 hours ago, CiderJar said:

I understand it for the first game Denmark have played since, but I don't understand the need in the Ukraine v North Macedonia game.

I assumed it was just the Denmark fixture,  seems odd for other games to follow suit

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

Not just that - you have people who claim not to be offended themselves, but have a negative opinion anyway, based on how others may perceive it. Weird as ****

Indeed. 25 Danish players and about six Belgian players are current or former teammates of Eriksen yet apparently many posters feel a need to lecture them on the appropriate way they should express their feelings about watching a teammate nearly die.

Two years ago I lost my Dad, Uncle and a friend through cancer in the space of a few months. I am now wondering if I should have posted on here at the time to make sure I was grieving in an appropriate and approved manner…

4 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

For those who criticise the solidarity for those who nearly died (in this case nearly, but in many others actually) then I sincerely question your views on humanity. 

The counter-argument could of course be that in a case like this, the whole stadium is stopping a game mid-flow to state the bleedin' obvious. Who , in all seriousness would not be in support of Christian?

After thinking about it, I'm in the it was unnecessary camp.

5 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

Whoo, and indeed, sh

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

The counter-argument could of course be that in a case like this, the whole stadium is stopping a game mid-flow to state the bleedin' obvious. Who , in all seriousness would not be in support of Christian?

So what though? Sometimes the obvious needs to be stated. People who nearly watched a teammate die are having to play five days later on the exact same pitch. It is never going to be a normal game and was bound to have been on players’ minds so it makes sense to mark it.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Yes I agree but so often  the reaction just seems to be so over the top that it comes across  like hate for the sake of it. 

The wider argument here is are we using football more and more as a platform to make gestures. Hey, I'm not claiming to be right or wrong. A good debate, in my opinion.

:laugh: I'm only little old me, folks I'm OFTEN wrong, but I like to be able to admit it when I could be.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If you were to ask me - I think forming a circle on the centre circle with both teams combined and a minutes applause before kickoff would’ve been nice.

Not sure that would reallly work, it's what most clubs do when someone has passed away. 

4 minutes ago, Hamdon Mart said:

Not sure that would reallly work, it's what most clubs do when someone has passed away. 

You make a good point. I think the Finnish players clapping the Danes back on to the field of play second half, and all the goal celebration mentions should have been the last of it, imo

But that is only my opinion

1 minute ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Not really, there appears to be a cartel of posters who seem very keen to tell others how they should behave in certain circumstances. 

In this case it is following a traumatic event which will give ptsd to players, officials, spectators and viewers on TV and being told exactly how they should mark stuff, trying to control reactions and recovery to it. 

Massively wrong as it's down to the individual as to how they process it and not for others to decide on their behalf. 

Yep, and you very much appear to be one of them Ralph.

I've processed the incident and, while I have every sympathy with Eriksen, I've decided that stopping the game today was OTT.

8 hours ago, grifty said:

That’s a very unfair insinuation - can you take that back please 

Archived