IGNORED

And We Thought We Had It Bad...

The Coach

So, Spurs without a Manager/Head Coach in over 2 months.

Tried to lure back Pochettino, PSG saying he's going nowhere

Rumour of Conte coming in, but either Conte believes Spurs are no way near challenging and lack ambition or Conte disapproves of using the youth players

Spurs then target former Roma Boss Fonseca, the man who was replaced by Mourinho...couldn't get more Spursy

Rumour then Gattuso was the target, which caused a huge backlash with the fans. So the club pulled out.

I think it's fair to say Tottenham have outdone us! What a shambles they are right now.

• The title was changed to And We Thought We Had It Bad...
4 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Rumour of Conte coming in, but either Conte believes Spurs are no way near challenging and lack ambition or Conte disapproves of using the youth players

Spurs then target former Roma Boss Fonseca, the man who was replaced by Mourinho...couldn't get more Spursy

Rumour then Gattuso was the target, which caused a huge backlash with the fans. So the club pulled out.

I think it's fair to say Tottenham have outdone us! What a shambles they are right now.

Spurs are massive well established PL club and can afford to wait particularly during the close season.

I'd take being a shambles who are finishing in the top half of the prem!

3 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Think I saw that Fonseca got in trouble for making 6 subs in a game when at Roma! ?

Easy to say in retrospect, but they probably shouldn't have parted with Pochettino

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Spurs are massive well established PL club and can afford to wait particularly during the close season.

That means absolutely nothing @Robbored if you're Tottenham Hotspur or Bristol City. Going round the merry go round of trying to find a new manager while failing to do so after many ongoing discussions with many candidates is embarrassing and rather unprofessional. 

7 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I'd take being a shambles who are finishing in the top half of the prem!

Think I saw that Fonseca got in trouble for making 6 subs in a game when at Roma! ?

Easy to say in retrospect, but they probably shouldn't have parted with Pochettino

Was a crazy sacking. If I was Spurs, just get Benitez in for a season. Same as what Chelsea did a few years back. 

2 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Id be amazed if it comes off. Liverpool fans love Benitez and this would scar his reputation

I think football has moved on from the likes of Jose and Benitez.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

I think football has moved on from the likes of Jose and Benitez.

I certainly think Mourinho's a busted Flush. What made him good was his ability to get 100% out of his players+ he was very organised. I dunno whether its down to age now but he just seems to have lost the connection with players. Always throwing them under the bus

Benitez always manages to do a decent job - they could do worse but the Liverpool fans would go apeshit

7 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I certainly think Mourinho's a busted Flush. What made him good was his ability to get 100% out of his players+ he was very organised. I dunno whether its down to age now but he just seems to have lost the connection with players. Always throwing them under the bus

Benitez always manages to do a decent job - they could do worse but the Liverpool fans would go apeshit

I think the Everton fans are more bothered tbh. 

1 hour ago, Redpool said:

Shambles is probably not quite the right term I’d say!  ?

I think this post exemplifies why the title is very misleading! Last year was disappointing for most City fans, for most football fans in the country and very few club forums would pretend it was much fun. However, no-one i know at the club or in the fanzine believes we are in a bad position. Are Spurs, Derby, Gas, and all those getting relegated? Certainly.

On 18/06/2021 at 15:23, Redpool said:

That means absolutely nothing @Robbored if you're Tottenham Hotspur or Bristol City. Going round the merry go round of trying to find a new manager while failing to do so after many ongoing discussions with many candidates is embarrassing and rather unprofessional. 

Or careful

Apparently this one was left close to his house (but reported they got the wrong house?)

bentitez-protest-banner-1.jpg

I read somewhere that when Matty Taylor signed for City that Rover's fans smeared Dog shit all over his home and they also got the wrong house ? Really wouldn't have enjoyed cleaning that up.

36 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Apparently this one was left close to his house (but reported they got the wrong house?)

bentitez-protest-banner-1.jpg

I read somewhere that when Matty Taylor signed for City that Rover's fans smeared Dog shit all over his home and they also got the wrong house ? Really wouldn't have enjoyed cleaning that up.

He used to live next door to two of my friends….I can only guess it was the other side that got the sh1t.  He moved quickly afterwards.

Archived