IGNORED

Scottish view of us

Unan

Being the sad act I am I've signed up to the Scotland forum to view their matchday thread, a few highlights if you're interested in the other sides view.

im terrified to be honest. terrified of an absolute hiding.

I'm the same, but I'm also aware that this isn't a good England team.  They have an array of talent that anyone would want, probably only behind Portugal, France, Belgium, and Germany, but as a team, they aren't hugely impressive. Tierney, Robertson, McTominay, and Adams would all be capable of playing for this England team, with the former three all likely starters.

This Scotland manager lacks any bravery. He is ultra cautious. Don't expect much change to the team tomorrow. We will probably be well fired up for it, because it's England. But we shall ultimately fail. Mostly due to the fact that we are mentally weak and England have that self belief that carries them to victories even when they are honking.

People can bleat all the want about how good England have or haven't been. The facts are they'll beat this gang of Scotland players 3-0 in 2nd gear.

1-1 draw all day long

Stephen O'Donnell is better than Luke Shaw. We are gonna beat them tomorrow and win 3-0. They are not that good.

I think we need to use pace and movement to score against them. The idea that Dykes can offer any sort of physical challenge to this back three is unrealistic. I'd play a front three of Fraser, Adams and Forrest. We need to threaten them or they will roll over us. I'd play a back four with Tierney on the right to stop Chillwell, with Robertson, Hanley and Cooper making up the rest of the defence. Gordon in goal. The three in midfield I'd pick are McGinn, Gilmour and McTominay to challenge Philips, Rice and Mount.

I'm too nervous to even think about tactics and line ups

Eb8YoSYUwAAeugO.thumb.jpg.d384b13ce684cb

Not going to lie lads I'm terrified that this is going to go really sideways and we'll only end up with a point. 

Don’t really get the pessimism from some quarters. England aren’t pumping anybody right now. They are a work in progress. Scotland will come into it with high energy and intensity, something which the English will struggle to deal with. I think it will be a close game, perhaps a draw or settled by a goal either way.

My two big hopes now: 1) England buy into their hype and are suicidally over-confident 2) Rain in London turns the pitch to a quagmire, like Cliftonhill in winter. Step up to the plate, Andy Robertson - who has played at Cliftonhill in winter.

I really have the fear for tonight's game. Our only chance is to play a high tempo get in their faces game - unfortunately our manager is likely to use the same sit deep ponderous pish that he used on Monday.

I've had a gut feeling for months we will win this regardless of what happened in the other 2 games. Still feel that way but would feel far more confident if he starts the right team and drops some of the diddies from the other night.#

I woke up shitting myself and decided to go a four hour round walk from my house to Hampden and back. I feel better for it, although probably just because I came to terms with the fact that we'd get beat along the way.

The closer it gets the more confident I am. England always have a dodgy group game in them, I think its going to be tonight.

I feel confident though we can get something , a draw would be monumental and set us up for the last game nicely. All would be forgotten about if we qualify.

There's a lot of completely misplaced optimism on here that's going to turn to equally misplaced criticism of the manager and scapegoating of players if we lose, which is obviously by far the most likely outcome.

Realistically we'll get a chance or two against a team playing Pickford/Stones/Mings. It's whether we can capitalise on that though. But this year alone I've watched Saints win both cups and Scotland win at both Twickenham and Paris in the rugby. Anything is possible!! Get right into these Brexit loving arseholes!!

• The title was changed to Scottish view of us
3 minutes ago, Banned User said:

I'm the same, but I'm also aware that this isn't a good England team.  They have an array of talent that anyone would want, probably only behind Portugal, France, Belgium, and Germany, but as a team, they aren't hugely impressive. Tierney, Robertson, McTominay, and Adams would all be capable of playing for this England team, with the former three all likely starters.

I'm getting a sudden similarity to reading CatShat

4 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Being the sad act I am I've signed up to the Scotland forum to view their matchday thread, a few highlights if you're interested in the other sides view.

This Scotland manager lacks any bravery. He is ultra cautious. Don't expect much change to the team tomorrow. We will probably be well fired up for it, because it's England. But we shall ultimately fail. Mostly due to the fact that we are mentally weak and England have that self belief that carries them to victories even when they are honking.

People can bleat all the want about how good England have or haven't been. The facts are they'll beat this gang of Scotland players 3-0 in 2nd gear.

1-1 draw all day long

Stephen O'Donnell is better than Luke Shaw. We are gonna beat them tomorrow and win 3-0. They are not that good.

I think we need to use pace and movement to score against them. The idea that Dykes can offer any sort of physical challenge to this back three is unrealistic. I'd play a front three of Fraser, Adams and Forrest. We need to threaten them or they will roll over us. I'd play a back four with Tierney on the right to stop Chillwell, with Robertson, Hanley and Cooper making up the rest of the defence. Gordon in goal. The three in midfield I'd pick are McGinn, Gilmour and McTominay to challenge Philips, Rice and Mount.

I'm too nervous to even think about tactics and line ups

Eb8YoSYUwAAeugO.thumb.jpg.d384b13ce684cb

Not going to lie lads I'm terrified that this is going to go really sideways and we'll only end up with a point. 

Don’t really get the pessimism from some quarters. England aren’t pumping anybody right now. They are a work in progress. Scotland will come into it with high energy and intensity, something which the English will struggle to deal with. I think it will be a close game, perhaps a draw or settled by a goal either way.

My two big hopes now: 1) England buy into their hype and are suicidally over-confident 2) Rain in London turns the pitch to a quagmire, like Cliftonhill in winter. Step up to the plate, Andy Robertson - who has played at Cliftonhill in winter.

I really have the fear for tonight's game. Our only chance is to play a high tempo get in their faces game - unfortunately our manager is likely to use the same sit deep ponderous pish that he used on Monday.

I've had a gut feeling for months we will win this regardless of what happened in the other 2 games. Still feel that way but would feel far more confident if he starts the right team and drops some of the diddies from the other night.#

I woke up shitting myself and decided to go a four hour round walk from my house to Hampden and back. I feel better for it, although probably just because I came to terms with the fact that we'd get beat along the way.

The closer it gets the more confident I am. England always have a dodgy group game in them, I think its going to be tonight.

I feel confident though we can get something , a draw would be monumental and set us up for the last game nicely. All would be forgotten about if we qualify.

There's a lot of completely misplaced optimism on here that's going to turn to equally misplaced criticism of the manager and scapegoating of players if we lose, which is obviously by far the most likely outcome.

Realistically we'll get a chance or two against a team playing Pickford/Stones/Mings. It's whether we can capitalise on that though. But this year alone I've watched Saints win both cups and Scotland win at both Twickenham and Paris in the rugby. Anything is possible!! Get right into these Brexit loving arseholes!!

Who’s this ‘us’ then?  I thought you meant City…

“Stephen O’Donnell is better than Luke Shaw” is a strange comment. Given that one is a right back and one is a left back. 
It’s like saying “this piece of cheese is better than corrugated iron”. 
What utter nonsense. I assume the bloke who said this was the one got who ran over by the bike yesterday ??

16 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Not sure about that at all. Robertson probably would, toss up with Tierney because Chilwell and Shaw have had good seasons. McTominay isn't as good as Phillips or Rice IMO and doesn't have the experience of Henderson. Che Adams isn't the same level as any of our forwards.

I'm very confident about tonight, I think we could win this 4-0 or something. 

21 minutes ago, Harry said:

“Stephen O’Donnell is better than Luke Shaw” is a strange comment. Given that one is a right back and one is a left back. 
What utter nonsense. I assume the bloke who said this was the one who ran over by the bike yesterday ??

I do like them though the Scots. Had a couple in my old team who were great lads - proper team players. Know how to laugh at themselves. They think they're onto a hiding tonight..

4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

I do like them though the Scots. Had a couple in my old team who were great lads - proper team players. Know how to laugh at themselves. They think they're onto a hiding tonight..

I also used to have a Scottish lad in my football team. 
Surprisingly his name was Jocky. 

I’d have a very good guess that at the very least, one of them in your team was also called ‘Jocky’. As was probably the case for every football team in Bristol that ever had a Scot playing for them ?

42 minutes ago, Harry said:

What utter nonsense. I assume the bloke who said this was the one got who ran over by the bike yesterday ??

I assume the point is they’ll be facing up down the same side with the suggestion of Scotland playing wing backs

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

I assume the point is they’ll be facing up down the same side with the suggestion of Scotland playing wing backs

If that’s the case (ie direct on field opponent) then Harry Kane is better than Grant Hanley ?

28 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Scotland = Bristol Rovers. Hope we absolutely batter them 

Much prefer them to Wales myself.

Firstly most of their players are actually Scots, not so much of this “I found out I had a long dead grandparent from there” shite.

Secondly they are much further away from here.

And this is the reason Scotland hasn’t qualified for a tournament for 23 years, fixated on England and success is based on whether they can beat England rather than having any success of their own, it’s a very Bristol Rovers syndrome they’ve got going on 

Needless to say if they win tonight we’ll never hear the end of it and if England win it’s because they were the favourites 

London is full of deluded Scots, who have spent a fortune to come South.   Because most of them don't have a ticket, they'll be spending the evening in a plastic Central London pub, paying £10 a pint to watch their side get beaten on a Tele in the bar?  Added to that It's pissing down in London, whereas it's lovely and sunny in Scotland.  What ever floats yer boat i suppose?  ?                                                                                                                     

7 minutes ago, maxjak said:

London is full of deluded Scots, who have spent a fortune to come South.   Because most of them don't have a ticket, they'll be spending the evening in a plastic Central London pub, paying £10 a pint to watch their side get beaten on a Tele in the bar?  Added to that It's pissing down in London, whereas it's lovely and sunny in Scotland.  What ever floats yer boat i suppose?  ?                                                                                                                     

Stopped raining here now in central London, it has been pissing it all day though, they will be miserable come full time. Still raining in NW London though.

We're an odd little nation aren't we? Scotland get a 0-0 draw against the auld enemy leaving them bottom of the group and having to beat Modric and Co in the last game to avoid staying bottom and going out. Cue wild celebrations. Meantime, England have pretty much guarantee their progress - their worst case scenario is finishing third in their group with 4 points. Cue national depression and soul searching. All about expectations and historic grudges.

37 minutes ago, Calculus said:

We're an odd little nation aren't we? Scotland get a 0-0 draw against the auld enemy leaving them bottom of the group and having to beat Modric and Co in the last game to avoid staying bottom and going out. Cue wild celebrations. Meantime, England have pretty much guarantee their progress - their worst case scenario is finishing third in their group with 4 points. Cue national depression and soul searching. All about expectations and historic grudges.

I suspect this is the one and only result they wanted. Do not underestimate how much they hate us. To them this is winning the euro's. I suspect its the only result alot of them care for. Whats sad is that their players are up for it and raise their game, and ours do **** all. Thats a worry imo. 

26 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I suspect this is the one and only result they wanted. Do not underestimate how much they hate us. To them this is winning the euro's. I suspect its the only result alot of them care for. Whats sad is that their players are up for it and raise their game, and ours do **** all. Thats a worry imo. 

I sometimes think that if England were playing Al Qaeda the Scots would still want us to lose. I was very disappointed with England but not at all worried that our players don't get caught up in this nonsense. 5 at the back and playing like their lives depended on it when they needed a win. Personally, I don't give a monkey's what Scotland do - they're much like Bristol Rovers to most of us.  Completely irrelevant saddos with a (much justified) inferiority complex.

12 hours ago, Calculus said:

You just know when we go on to win every game from now on in and lift the trophy the Scots will claim to be the second best team in Europe because we couldn’t beat them ?

17 hours ago, Jim Davey said:

does seem rather strange that their celebrating a 0 0 draw like they have won the euros ,i suppose it just shows how crap the scottish national team has become.

This love-in is fueled by the media who are petrified of being labeled bitter sassenaches, they have elivated their performance to that of a mixture of the 70's Brazilian and Dutch teams and us as little more than monkeys, crying and throwing s*** at each other...

It's odd as I have no recollection of their 7th goal going in or the wonderful re enactment of Jim Baxter sitting on the ball..

To be fair it was a better effort then the invading Scots who mistook Coventry for London then f****d off home again before anyone noticed . 

20 hours ago, Calculus said:

The expectations around England are ludicrous whereas the Scots know they're shit and just wanted not to lose to us. Even if they do lose to Croatia they will probably be happier with that than the media in England who will probably crucify our players for losing on penalties to Germany in Round 2

Archived