IGNORED

Scottish view of us

Unan

8 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

This love-in is fueled by the media who are petrified of being labeled bitter sassenaches, they have elivated their performance to that of a mixture of the 70's Brazilian and Dutch teams and us as little more than monkeys, crying and throwing s*** at each other...

It's odd as I have no recollection of their 7th goal going in or the wonderful re enactment of Jim Baxter sitting on the ball..

To be fair it was a better effort then the invading Scots who mistook Coventry for London then f****d off home again before anyone noticed . 

Not sure that it was Coventry. Derby I think, or Wayne Rooney's Derby as it was known.

5 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

This love-in is fueled by the media who are petrified of being labeled bitter sassenaches, they have elivated their performance to that of a mixture of the 70's Brazilian and Dutch teams and us as little more than monkeys, crying and throwing s*** at each other...

It's odd as I have no recollection of their 7th goal going in or the wonderful re enactment of Jim Baxter sitting on the ball..

To be fair it was a better effort then the invading Scots who mistook Coventry for London then f****d off home again before anyone noticed . 

Exactly. I am slightly bemused by the praise Scotland are getting. It was the type of performance we've seen time and time again watching lower league football - clear underdog who raised their game by 10%, had a solid game plan and gave the heavy favourites a hard time by playing right in their faces. We've seen it many times at AG over the years and have executed similar performances ourselves.

Credit to them because clearly on paper they are far weaker, but aside from one or two chances they had I didn't feel they were particularly threatening. The England performance was below par of course, and I know it's all ifs' and buts', however I am confident if Stones had scored that header it would've been a fairly routine win.

I was very frustrated in our performance but on the bright side we've negotiated two tricky games without conceding and without playing particularly well. Harry Kane's performances can only improve and hopefully the likes of Foden and Mount will keep on improving. I'm hoping Grealish starts against Czech Republic as I feel he made a slight difference as well as winning us free kicks. 

5 minutes ago, The Bard said:

The expectations around England are ludicrous whereas the Scots know they're shit and just wanted not to lose to us. Even if they do lose to Croatia they will probably be happier with that than the media in England who will probably crucify our players for losing on penalties to Germany in Round 2

It's just our mad media that hype England though isn't it? I don't know anybody real that thinks England are going to do well this time. Much the same with City fans - we might hope, but there's a gloomy reality about it all.

On 18/06/2021 at 18:23, Waffleflap said:

Everyone hates us cause the media big us up to be world beaters. Our media is awful . Make everyone big so they can smash them when they fall 

The problem is that the once every two year football supporter ( whose only interested in tv tournament football) believe the hype.

Whereas the regular football fan knows we aren’t good enough, like 99% of the other times.

England’s International tournament record for a supposed top football nation is abysmal. I’ve never understood why others just can see it, and why this crop of overhyped footballers are any different to the ones gone before!.

16 minutes ago, Calculus said:

It's just our mad media that hype England though isn't it? I don't know anybody real that thinks England are going to do well this time. Much the same with City fans - we might hope, but there's a gloomy reality about it all.

Most people know England will not win. But there are loads that believe the hype, that's why England are always one of the favourites with the bookies. Not because the bookies think England will win, but because they know how many bets are being placed on them.

52 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Most people know England will not win. But there are loads that believe the hype, that's why England are always one of the favourites with the bookies. Not because the bookies think England will win, but because they know how many bets are being placed on them.

People who know their football don't believe we'll win. People who've played the game as adults. 

11 hours ago, The Bard said:

People who know their football don't believe we'll win. People who've played the game as adults. 

I don’t ‘believe’ we will win, but, like most football fans, I do believe that, with a bit of luck, it’s a possibility.

I believe it is realistic to think we will qualify as group winners and, also that, with just a little bit of the aforementioned luck, beat whoever we meet in the last 16.

Once through to the last 8, games become very much something of a lottery, so I still think there is every chance we can do well.

Archived