IGNORED

Sam Whatshisface

Port Said Red

Jesus Christ the guy is awful. He was so bad I forgot he wasn't Clyde Tyldesley. 

Is there some kind of ITV editorial directive that says that the commentator mustn't actually commentate on the game for more than 20% of the time. 

I am glad I didn't follow through with my idea of a drinking game, taking a shot every time he mentioned Euro 96, I wouldn't have made it to half time.

90% talking about anything else 5% talking bollocks about the actual game and 5% getting players names wrong.

Summed up his night by suddenly saying that Scotland are 3rd worst team in the tournament after 89 minutes of saying how dangerous they were. 

Total ***, who probably gets paid the ******* earth to do the job.

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Jesus Christ the guy is awful. He was so bad I forgot he wasn't Clyde Tyldesley. 

Is there some kind of ITV editorial directive that says that the commentator mustn't actually commentate on the game for more than 20% of the time. 

I am glad I didn't follow through with my idea of a drinking game, taking a shot every time he mentioned Euro 96, I wouldn't have made it to half time.

90% talking about anything else 5% talking bollocks about the actual game and 5% getting players names wrong.

Summed up his night by suddenly saying that Scotland are 3rd worst team in the tournament after 89 minutes of saying how dangerous they were. 

He's exactly the same when commentating on TALKSPORT.

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Jesus Christ the guy is awful. He was so bad I forgot he wasn't Clyde Tyldesley

Knew he reminded me of somebody, but for the life of me I couldn't remember who!! Thank you!! :laughcont:

11 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Where is Kenneth Wolstenholme? No, forget that , sorry

Where’s Barry “where oh where were the Germans, and frankly, who cares” Davies?

9 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Where is Alan Green these days?

His contract wasn’t renewed, allegedly because he wouldn’t or couldn’t engage with the banter being encouraged on radio 5. He remained fairly dour and dismissive of poor football and the “bants”

He was always a bit marmite but I liked his honesty. The banter has got a bit over the top. Micah Richards laughs at anything.

Lee Dixon is without doubt the best co commentator at the Euros, combining insightful tactical knowledge with a great deadpan humour, John Hartson has to be the worst?............merely describing what has just happened, and offering up his degree in "the bleedin obvious".  "That was a good shot there, it went close" ?      I think the  BBC  would do anything for a transfer swap between Hartson and Dixon?   The back and forward dialogue ( I pheckin hate the word Banter) between Lee Dixon and   Ally Mcoist was by far the most entertaining feature of what was a pretty dull  match, that, and having the fans back in the stadium made it bearable.  IMHO.  ?               

27 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Lee Dixon is without doubt the best co commentator at the Euros, combining insightful tactical knowledge with a great deadpan humour, John Hartson has to be the worst?............merely describing what has just happened, and offering up his degree in "the bleedin obvious".  "That was a good shot there, it went close" ?      I think the  BBC  would do anything for a transfer swap between Hartson and Dixon?   The back and forward dialogue ( I pheckin hate the word Banter) between Lee Dixon and   Ally Mcoist was by far the most entertaining feature of what was a pretty dull  match, that, and having the fans back in the stadium made it bearable.  IMHO.  ?               

Hartson does have the added advantage of being able to talk drivel in Welsh, the BBC are probsbly hoping to use him for Wales game like S4C do.

To be honest, I don't have an issue with the "bants" as long as it's relevant. It's the commentator going off at tangents and also trying to be "one of the boys" I hate most.

• Admin
12 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Eulogising about cultural differences ?

”it’s edge of the seat stuff!”   They should have got Rene Gilmartin in…

That moment was priceless in the bar I was in, we just all looked at each slouched in our seats losing the will to live 

12 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

No he didn't, he said they were ranked the third lowest in the tournament, which is factually true.

1 At least there was no Jermaine Jenas or Robby Savage to be seen or heard! The BBC have hired  some shockers for this tournament, I think I'm correct in saying they've got Harston as well, that's 3 of the worst available, imagine they had Micah ha ha Richards as part of their team as well!!!!!

I thought Souness,  Wright and (pains me to say) Keane were fantastic in all of their game summary and analysis. Nnobody held back and everything that needed to be say was definitely said, golden star for ITV.

I've got a bit of time for Jonathan Pearce but today's commentators are not a patch on the likes of Barry Davies or Brian Moore, or even Motty.

The major difference between now and those days of yore, is a co-commentator. As if one guy (or gal) yapping we have to have two of them.

One for me is enough.

Archived