IGNORED

What’s the problem with England?

Fordy62

I’d like someone to convince me it’s not Gareth Southgate. 

We have an embarrassment of riches and we’re about as good as QPR. 

I feel lucky to come away with a point against ******* Scotland. 

Jesus wept. It’s got to get better than this. 

Luke Shaw too slow on the ball or hoofs it long. Two holding midfielders ffs. Sterling continually running into blind alleys. Kane nowhere near match fit. Playing Foden rigidlly on the right then taking him off (and leaving 2 holding midfielders on).

Or was it just a mater stroke to avoid topping the group ?

33 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’d like someone to convince me it’s not Gareth Southgate. 

We have an embarrassment of riches and we’re about as good as QPR. 

I feel lucky to come away with a point against ******* Scotland. 

Jesus wept. It’s got to get better than this. 

We were poor tonight, it happens. But another clean sheet which is a bonus, as its the part of the team with the poorest players for me. 

Unfortunately it probably is down to Southgate as he's obsessed with 2 holding midfielders when we have an embarrassment of riches in the attacking players. 

We need to be more offensive in my opinion. Rice, Phillips or Henderson is fine as a screen in front of the back 4 but we need another forward thinking player in there. 

4-1-4-1 with Grealish, Mount, Foden, Sancho as the 4 would be better I think. 

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Its Southgate, close thread 

Its what you get for ordering cheese only ;)

I wouldn’t ordinarily and I completely agree but I feel if you order anything else from dominos you miss out on cheese… hence the cheese only! I’m not some weirdo or nothing! ?

Mixture of things for me. Not keen on the formation, it relies a lot on movement & rotation, something we are generally poor at. We lack real pace to stretch teams, personally would of liked to of seen Sancho come on.  2 holding midfielders baffles me against a team like Scotland, be brave & try to dominate. Poor substitutions, taking Foden of was bizarre, unless carrying a knock. And maybe the simple fact that they are not quite as good as they are made out to be. Same old England for me, boring, lacking in any real imagination & uninspiring. COYR 

It must be Gareth Southgate. When, occasionally, England has had a good manager the performance have been good - Alf Ramsey, Bobby Robson and  Terry Venables. Alf obviously won the World Cup and the latter two reached World Cup and Euro semi finals only to lose on penalties. I know Southgate reached the World Cup semis but the performances were hardly sparkling. 

26 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Luke Shaw too slow on the ball or hoofs it long. Two holding midfielders ffs. Sterling continually running into blind alleys. Kane nowhere near match fit. Playing Foden rigidlly on the right then taking him off (and leaving 2 holding midfielders on).

It does make you wonder does it not.

Foden was definitely the wrong midfielder to take off... He had energy and time on the ball. 

Scotland's man to man marking was superb though. England had no answer. Oh, finishing 2nd yes. Hmm. 

17 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Christ. Dominos cheese only pizza looking to rival the England team for disappointment of the night!

5DFCA5FA-380A-4ACB-B961-21634F74BDDE.jpeg

That does look disgusting to be fair. I am no expert but don't pizzas need to start with a super thin base, nice home made fresh tomato puree and baked in a brick oven at exactly the right temperature and time?

It cannot be harder than playing Scotland.

I am disappointed. The first win was a bad game also but this was hard to watch. Worst coach ever this Southgate I don't like him since Steaua played Boro in 2006, but he really lacks any kind of intelligence as a manager. 

5 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

It does make you wonder does it not.

Foden was definitely the wrong midfielder to take off... He had energy and time on the ball. 

Scotland's man to man marking was superb though. England had no answer. Oh, finishing 2nd yes. Hmm. 

That does look disgusting to be fair. I am no expert but don't pizzas need to start with a super thin base, nice home made fresh tomato puree and baked in a brick oven at exactly the right temperature and time?

It cannot be harder than playing Scotland.

It looks like a taste less pizza made by a bored chef. But to be honest pizza is not a healthy food anyway, he can throw it. Sometimes the frozen ones that you make are better ?

Gareth Southgate is frozen mentally also.

36 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Yep, i agree with that.

After getting to the Semi final in 2018, by ending up playing Sweden and Columbia in the closing rounds; i think mentally the players were thinking. If we win this group it's either Portugal/France of Germany next. Second is probably Sweden  and third probably Holland. All a bit of a no brainer; a bit of game politik i reckon.

Winning the first game meant, that winning tonight, and pretty much we top the group. I'm sure plays on player's mind.

There were some bizaree subs though. Foden off, the only player out there with energy, keeping Sterling on. Then taking Kane off (who was awful again), and putting Rashford up front??? When you have Calvert-Levin to play that role.

Only 3 shots on target in two games (very cityesque). Two much reliance on Kane at the moment. If he's not playing well we don't score. 

Get Chilwell in, and trippier on the right. Get rid of the two holding midfielders (no other team plays it like us) and unleash players like Grealish, Sancho, Bellingham.

I think tonight we were caught in two many minds, over not losing to the Scots, but also the issue of not winning the group. Left the team a bit lacklustre as a result.

13 minutes ago, Mihai said:

I am disappointed. The first win was a bad game also but this was hard to watch. Worst coach ever this Southgate I don't like him since Steaua played Boro in 2006, but he really lacks any kind of intelligence as a manager. 

But don't worry, he will be working on 'patterns' - The international version of LJ.

Wales and Scotland players seem to raise their game playing for their countries whereas England players are all to often shadows of themselves when playing for their clubs.

Perhaps playing for England doesn't engender the same passion and pride as does playing for their country does in the Scots and Welsh. Given that increasingly these days we seem to be forced to apologise for anything and everything England has ever done and for being English, the players are following the trend by producing performances that require an aplology!

8 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

We didn’t win on purpose to come second and avoid the group of death. Watch us draw against the Czechs to seal the deal....

I did think that myself when Stones rose to early and smacked the header against the post,he obviously thought if I stick this in the back of the net we are fooked next round 

58 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I wouldn’t ordinarily and I completely agree but I feel if you order anything else from dominos you miss out on cheese… hence the cheese only! I’m not some weirdo or nothing! ?

I have a warm cheese problem or warm cheese has a problem with me you're a weirdo I'm the nothing

Archived