IGNORED

HNM

Rudolf Hucker

I am almost never ITK about anything to do with City but today, I gleaned a few snippets which add just a little insight to a subject which has been covered ad nauseum in recent months on OTIB. It appears that HNM (as well as his father - who is also his agent) was very considerably underwhelmed by the care, support and welfare offered by the Club, last season, - particularly in respect of player fitness, health and well-being. Unbeknown to the then Club medical team, several players, including HNM resorted to regularly using private healthcare professionals (eg physiotherapists, dieticians etc) as they were so disenamoured with the quality and/or lack of such services offered by the Club.  Apparently, in French football, professional clubs take a holistic approach to player well-being, overseeing everything in their lives from diet, posture, sleep, fitness, training, recovery etc; City offered little to nothing by comparison and this has led 'Team HNM' to seriously consider whether his long term interests will be better served by moving away from AG. After seeing his performances under NP's management, seeing him leave so early in his career would be a major disappointment for me.

Not yet 20, the kid has the footballing world at his feet and needs to be looked after far better than it appears we have done to date. He is one of the few saleable assets that we currently have on our books and we will need to work hard if we are to maximise the return on our investment.  Perhaps NP together with David Rennie, with their combined knowledge and experience of managing continental footballers, can quickly bring about the required difference? I certainly hope so but it confirms what many have speculated upon - that the healthcare side of our Club has, for too long, been a shit-show.

Heaven help Ipswich.

It just adds fuel to the flames of the amateurism overseen by Ashton’s cartel. I’ve long been of the opinion his mate, Rolls, was negligent. Hopefully Rennie’s professionalism will change that. Massengo should only improve, but I can understand if he wanted out. 

No surprise given that Williams let The Athletic know his feelings about how his injury was treated. Then let us know via social media that he needed an operation rather than the club reporting it iirc.

Ashton and his cronies have done so much damage across the club that it will take some time for their successors to fix.

Hopefully all this is past tense now with the medical department.

One of the first things and most importantly NP did was to bring Dave Rennie in to change the medical department.

I would think that any issues players had are long gone now..

8 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I am almost never ITK about anything to do with City but today, I gleaned a few snippets which add just a little insight to a subject which has been covered ad nauseum in recent months on OTIB. It appears that HNM (as well as his father - who is also his agent) was very considerably underwhelmed by the care, support and welfare offered by the Club, last season, - particularly in respect of player fitness, health and well-being. Unbeknown to the then Club medical team, several players, including HNM resorted to regularly using private healthcare professionals (eg physiotherapists, dieticians etc) as they were so disenamoured with the quality and/or lack of such services offered by the Club.  Apparently, in French football, professional clubs take a holistic approach to player well-being, overseeing everything in their lives from diet, posture, sleep, fitness, training, recovery etc; City offered little to nothing by comparison and this has led 'Team HNM' to seriously consider whether his long term interests will be better served by moving away from AG. After seeing his performances under NP's management, seeing him leave so early in his career would be a major disappointment for me.

Not yet 20, the kid has the footballing world at his feet and needs to be looked after far better than it appears we have done to date. He is one of the few saleable assets that we currently have on our books and we will need to work hard if we are to maximise the return on our investment.  Perhaps NP together with David Rennie, with their combined knowledge and experience of managing continental footballers, can quickly bring about the required difference? I certainly hope so but it confirms what many have speculated upon - that the healthcare side of our Club has, for too long, been a shit-show.

Heaven help Ipswich.

Maybe that was why it took AW a while to sign a new deal? Perhaps he was concerned about fitness and rehabilitation, and needed to be convinced that the club had his best interests at heart? Employing David Rennie was key.

Heaven help Ipswich.

Team HNM didn't do their due diligence and 'DNA' checks properly/thoroughly before agreeing to sign here, by sounds of it. I wonder what convinced them?

@Rudolf Hucker

Many thanks for this post which, assuming it's veracity (not questioning you), is a damning indictment of the way the club has been run for the last five years.

I believe that, while the club and NP probably realise all of this, it is well worth being brought to their attention because it would be a disaster fot City if all or some of these players decided to leave as a result. One can only hope that the way Pearson is already running the club is the right way that will bring a confidence to those such as HNM that encourages them to stay here.

@JerrySLO pass it on please.

Interesting @Rudolf Hucker when you then add in Holden’s very poor management of him, an unused sub a lot, sometimes not even making the bench, sometimes getting 3 minutes at the end of games, it reflects the amateur way we were run.

I thought it was noticeable how Pearson, who let’s face it, doesn’t exactly sugar coat things, went out of his way to praise him by name as we continued to put in poor performances & results.

Hopefully HNM knows how valued he is by a proper manager & Rennie brings the necessary professionalism to the areas you mentioned.

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

@Rudolf Hucker

Many thanks for this post which, assuming it's veracity (not questioning you), is a damning indictment of the way the club has been run for the last five years.

I believe that, while the club and NP probably realise all of this, it is well worth being brought to their attention because it would be a disaster fot City if all or some of these players decided to leave as a result. One can only hope that the way Pearson is already running the club is the right way that will bring a confidence to those such as HNM that encourages them to stay here.

@JerrySLO pass it on please.

It may also explain the lack of effort of some during games, obviously this would be one of a group of factors.

The players appearing to be the problem were actually the symptoms of something bigger & underlying 

You had people ignoring the totally obvious and defending our Medical, Strength and Conditioning teams to the hilt last season and the season before. We were just unlucky they said. Even though Andy Rolls has overseen a shit show at three clubs? Yeah, just unlucky.

Seems that Big Nige sees it the same way as the fans as do half the players. They’re all wrong though, we were just unlucky………..because it doesn’t say it was incompetence on the official site!!

Still at least the slimy, detestable, greaseball bastard that caused all this is well away from the club so that’s a start……..next thing that needs to happen is the LANSDOWNS to get their heads out their arses after 20 years in charge and start learning how to own a football club properly on every level bar the money side of it.

Heaven help Ipswich

Thanks Rudolph, so disappointing to read but hugely believable unfortunately. 

This may also explain why Liam Walsh was so happy to leave, turning down our contract offer (if that was the case) 

Be nice if Steve came out and offered a little apology - for the shambles and the wasted opportunity of the last three or four years (basically, since the chaos of summer 2015). He needn't name any names but he could - having had a few pops at moaning supporters - show a bit of humility and recognise that some people were right to question what has been going on, and with a little euphemism and discretion let us know that he is humbled and contrite and ..... you may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only ( ....no, I am the only one? Oh, ok ..... )

This kind of opening thread simply confirms what most, if not all of us thought - that Ashton as CEO was not as  good at the job as he’d like us all to think. The word ‘fraud’ springs to mind.

Him leaving was voted highlight of season ffs………..……:facepalm:  and  more good news is that he’s taken Rolls with him………….:dancing6:

Thankfully Nige has seen where the the difficulties originated and as started to bring in his own people that he’s worked with before and has to be a positive for the future of our club.

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

This kind of opening thread simply confirms what most, if not all of us thought - that Ashton as CEO was not as  good at the job as he’d like us all to think. The word ‘fraud’ springs to mind.

Him leaving was voted highlight of season ffs………..……:facepalm:  and  more good news is that he’s taken Rolls with him………….:dancing6:

Thankfully Nige has seen where the the difficulties originated and as started to bring in his own people that he’s worked with before and has to be a positive for the future of our club.

Not like you to be dabbling in speculation…….

Re HNM he came from Monaco, a club competing in the Champions League, the equivalent here of a top half Prem team so it's not surprising the medical facilities aren't as good as what he was used to. I'm not saying there weren't issues but it's not comparing like with like. Given our record with injuries though it suggests something was wrong here.

7 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Re HNM he came from Monaco, a club competing in the Champions League, the equivalent here of a top half Prem team so it's not surprising the medical facilities aren't as good as what he was used to. I'm not saying there weren't issues but it's not comparing like with like. Given our record with injuries though it suggests something was wrong here.

Ashton and Rolls it seems we’re allowed to run the show exactly how they wanted. We were told how hard they worked 15 20 hour days . Surely not how long you work but the quality of work you do. We got blindsided by management speak soundbites and some promotion. I could go to work for 20 hours but my boss would know what I did by the end . I couldn’t poor or no work. We had a poor medical department. Transfers in it appeared that the mangers didn’t want . And 6 weeks of 20 hour days to find a manager who was already here but was obvious wouldn’t work. The landsdowns have sleepwalked into this mess . And needs straight talking and loads of hard work just stay afloat 

9 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Heaven help Ipswich.

Great post Rudolf, you have probably confirmed what most have suspected. However there is one thing that is true and correct that you probably are not aware of is that Massengo did and does get support from the club.

When I went back to the UK in 2019 the pastor of Bristol City also organised my dads funeral and came to my mums house in Stockwood where I met the pastor. After the formalities around the funeral we than spoke at length about Bristol City. The pastor in this conversion mentioned Messango and the church he attended most Sundays. The club has a leading mind and well being programme for players above and beyond what I thought impressed me no end.

The mental awareness is not a "shit show" at the club. 

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Team HNM didn't do their due diligence and 'DNA' checks properly/thoroughly before agreeing to sign here, by sounds of it. I wonder what convinced them?

I heard through a reliable source that the main reason was a promise of football. At the end of the first season he, and his family were happy with the amount of game time. Any more than that I don't know, whether things were different when Johnson was here who knows. 

@Rudolf Hucker very interesting and informative post, and no real surprise. Another case of getting mates into positions/jobs instead of the 'right' people. It also further backs up Pearsons concerns on fitness. Hopefully he's well into a root to branch clear out and sort out. 

It does feel that Captain Ego has just enjoyed his position and just let the Club coast, I think it's been said before, absolute shitshow !

58 minutes ago, Robbored said:

And Werhun…..

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I heard through a reliable source that the main reason was a promise of football. At the end of the first season he, and his family were happy with the amount of game time. Any more than that I don't know, whether things were different when Johnson was here who knows. 

@Rudolf Hucker very interesting and informative post, and no real surprise. Another case of getting mates into positions/jobs instead of the 'right' people. It also further backs up Pearsons concerns on fitness. Hopefully he's well into a root to branch clear out and sort out. 

It does feel that Captain Ego has just enjoyed his position and just let the Club coast, I think it's been said before, absolute shitshow !

I have no problem with getting mates into jobs , provided that they are the best available. It can be a big advantage having an additional level of loyalty and knowledge of how that person functions.

Ultimately the buck stops with Uncle Steve, whom I believe trusted Ashton and took his eye off the ball.

I also believe that Jon Lansdown got the wool pulled over his eyes and couldn’t see the wood for the trees. 

SL has had a rude awakening and I am sure that he is furious with what happened last season.

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

provided that they are the best available.

Which appears more and more obvious wasn't the case here.

Whether it all works at Ipswich or not, I'm glad we're shot of the lot of 'em.

Archived