IGNORED

HNM

Rudolf Hucker

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I also believe that Jon Lansdown got the wool pulled over his eyes and couldn’t see the wood for the trees. 

I’m sorry minister, but if the wool was over his eyes then he couldn’t see the wood because of the wool, not the trees.

D16E3433-D7DF-49F9-8E4F-2D0266D9D5E9.jpeg

10 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I am almost never ITK about anything to do with City but today, I gleaned a few snippets which add just a little insight to a subject which has been covered ad nauseum in recent months on OTIB. It appears that HNM (as well as his father - who is also his agent) was very considerably underwhelmed by the care, support and welfare offered by the Club, last season, - particularly in respect of player fitness, health and well-being. Unbeknown to the then Club medical team, several players, including HNM resorted to regularly using private healthcare professionals (eg physiotherapists, dieticians etc) as they were so disenamoured with the quality and/or lack of such services offered by the Club.  Apparently, in French football, professional clubs take a holistic approach to player well-being, overseeing everything in their lives from diet, posture, sleep, fitness, training, recovery etc; City offered little to nothing by comparison and this has led 'Team HNM' to seriously consider whether his long term interests will be better served by moving away from AG. After seeing his performances under NP's management, seeing him leave so early in his career would be a major disappointment for me.

Not yet 20, the kid has the footballing world at his feet and needs to be looked after far better than it appears we have done to date. He is one of the few saleable assets that we currently have on our books and we will need to work hard if we are to maximise the return on our investment.  Perhaps NP together with David Rennie, with their combined knowledge and experience of managing continental footballers, can quickly bring about the required difference? I certainly hope so but it confirms what many have speculated upon - that the healthcare side of our Club has, for too long, been a shit-show.

Heaven help Ipswich.

Many players access private services. 

Having visited Failand, knowing a coach who worked with Lee Johnson, having acquaintances who still are part of Bristol City's coaching I will state Bristol City do take a holistic approach to players and their welfare.

Starting with the first point of diet. Players diets are monitored. Players are brought into the training facility to have meals and players are provided with meals and supplements to take home with them. Posture yes BCFC do work regarding posture, sleep its monitored and players enter sleep details via apps, fitness of course it is monitored ... Questions can be asked about quality but to state City offer little in comparison is insulting to BCFC. Its frankly bollocks.  

8 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

RH, do you have any evidence of this or is this purely 'made-up' to get people feeling the worse about our club?

I would say it makes me feel better about the club as all that is stated has now left the club..

45 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Many players access private services. 

Having visited Failand, knowing a coach who worked with Lee Johnson, having acquaintances who still are part of Bristol City's coaching I will state Bristol City do take a holistic approach to players and their welfare.

Starting with the first point of diet. Players diets are monitored. Players are brought into the training facility to have meals and players are provided with meals and supplements to take home with them. Posture yes BCFC do work regarding posture, sleep its monitored and players enter sleep details via apps, fitness of course it is monitored ... Questions can be asked about quality but to state City offer little in comparison is insulting to BCFC. Its frankly bollocks.  

Yes it seems some are hearing what they want to hear and not analysing the situation, we can't have a situation where we complain about Tomlin making a joke of the holistic approach we have with players and then immediately accept that we don't have a holistic approach. 

I fully believe that we have a holistic approach and we're not half arsing our approach to multi million pound assets. I think it may have fallen apart during the first COVID lockdown which then had knock on effects to injuries and then the issues with our medical department became obvious. 

I'm no fan of Mark Ashton and I think he is a salesman playing at CEO. Jon Lansdown is clearly an inexperienced chairman learning on the job, Jon shouldn't matter that much as long as the CEO is doing there job and being heald to account by Jon but Jon was already pissed with the DH appointment and went MIA in a little tantrum and that left MA and his team to do what he wanted.

11 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I am almost never ITK about anything to do with City but today, I gleaned a few snippets which add just a little insight to a subject which has been covered ad nauseum in recent months on OTIB. It appears that HNM (as well as his father - who is also his agent) was very considerably underwhelmed by the care, support and welfare offered by the Club, last season, - particularly in respect of player fitness, health and well-being. Unbeknown to the then Club medical team, several players, including HNM resorted to regularly using private healthcare professionals (eg physiotherapists, dieticians etc) as they were so disenamoured with the quality and/or lack of such services offered by the Club.  Apparently, in French football, professional clubs take a holistic approach to player well-being, overseeing everything in their lives from diet, posture, sleep, fitness, training, recovery etc; City offered little to nothing by comparison and this has led 'Team HNM' to seriously consider whether his long term interests will be better served by moving away from AG. After seeing his performances under NP's management, seeing him leave so early in his career would be a major disappointment for me.

Not yet 20, the kid has the footballing world at his feet and needs to be looked after far better than it appears we have done to date. He is one of the few saleable assets that we currently have on our books and we will need to work hard if we are to maximise the return on our investment.  Perhaps NP together with David Rennie, with their combined knowledge and experience of managing continental footballers, can quickly bring about the required difference? I certainly hope so but it confirms what many have speculated upon - that the healthcare side of our Club has, for too long, been a shit-show.

Heaven help Ipswich.

Source? Biased or objective? 

Football should look to top level pro cycling (road).

Seriously.

Dieticians, top notch medical care*, personalised coaching, psychology, the riders follow an almost monastic lifestyle... it's ALL about maximising performance.

*Jiffy bags not included

This follows on from my snippet of inside info (which I passed on roughly month ago) about HNM being unhappy and already planning on “leaving Bristol” (I’m not sure how to post link to my previous post)

Iv not doubt the medical care in the past has led to many players leaving and indeed not joining for similar reasoning. Let’s hope Dave Rennie and Nige can sort it out 

2 hours ago, awbb said:

I’m sorry minister, but if the wool was over his eyes then he couldn’t see the wood because of the wool, not the trees.

D16E3433-D7DF-49F9-8E4F-2D0266D9D5E9.jpeg

:clap: Bravo ! 

I wondered just who amongst you would appreciate the metaphors.

I was reminded of CJ who mixed his metaphors.

I didn’t get where I am today by mixing metaphors. 

51 minutes ago, brad blit said:

This follows on from my snippet of inside info (which I passed on roughly month ago) about HNM being unhappy and already planning on “leaving Bristol” (I’m not sure how to post link to my previous post)

Iv not doubt the medical care in the past has led to many players leaving and indeed not joining for similar reasoning. Let’s hope Dave Rennie and Nige can sort it out 

Players from different clubs talk to each other. If any of our current or recently released players are telling others the club treats its players poorly it makes it harder to recruit those who have other options.

Nige could find himself with signings who were not near the top of his list as a result.

I've no idea of the accuracy or inaccuracy of the comments regarding HNM, or the specifics of how our medical team conduct themselves.

It does, however, seem that many "professionals" employed under Mark Ashton ventured beyond poor performance and into the realm of negligence.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that players are sceptical about staying at/joining City for such reasons.

I'd love to hear Steve Lansdown's thoughts. Surely he must be absolutely furious with MA and JL.....

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Players from different clubs talk to each other. If any of our current or recently released players are telling others the club treats its players poorly it makes it harder to recruit those who have other options.

Nige could find himself with signings who were not near the top of his list as a result.

At least he can say that the personnel has changed

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Where are the fans who told others off for daring to criticise the injury record and putting it down to coincidence and no worse than other clubs?

I wasn't one of those fans because I don't like to speculate on things I don't know, but you can hardly dig people out for their reservations of not accepting incompetence by the medical team as the reason why based solely on fan speculation only. I'm not saying the OP isn't correct or making things up but the truth is we will never truly know the full extent of the reasons why.. Clearly the stats don't lie and our injury record was very poor but its not a good look to look smug because this post somehow confirms your previous theories. 

Nigel Pearson has already made steps to solve this unprofessional side of the club.. when has the club ever got players in for test days? Not just that stop them from going off on a break if there fitness isn't where it should be.. Weimann having a stringent medical before signing a contract.. Players will be put through there paces this pre season the hardest they've had in a long time.. If this is true which doesn't suprise from the results and games we've seen over the last 3 years then it shows what a sh** show Ashton Johnson and past coaching staff have managed the club.. Massive changes are on the way and we will see the benefits of this over the next few seasons.. Nigel Pearson shacking the place up and giving the place a big kick up ass.

6 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

RH, do you have any evidence of this or is this purely 'made-up' to get people feeling the worse about our club?

What more evidence do you need HR?

- All Ashton's appointments following him out the door - almost as if they had stayed they likely would've been found out by NP, or aren't prepared to put work in.

- Our horrific injury record since Rhys Carr among others were replaced.

- Rolls horrific career record across 4 clubs in regards to fitness, conditioning, and physiotherapy?

RH has likely shared a snippet that he thought of interest. What do you want, a leaked recording directly from a mic RH has setup in the brand spanking new offices at our new state of the art training facility and a dossier of photos proving veracity with time stamps? - questioning his integrity as a poster on this forum immediately is a bit of dickish move. 

I'm glad it's highlighted - as if true, we at least know we've got rid of the complete amateurs and wasted that we're apart of Ashton's brigade. How that gets people 'feeling worse' about the club, god only knows. More a turning a new leaf perspective if you ask me. 

1 hour ago, Marco the red said:

They never existed everyone knows it was a mess.

I got called out for pointing the finger at the fitness and physio staff by a section of posters here as early as the US pre season tour under LJ, even as things got worse and worse iirc. 

Sorry Fuber, i think you are only commenting on a selected and small minority of cases- perhaps you are happy to jump on the small wagon of MA haters, now he is gone and unable to explain his record or actions.

W.R.T buying players with potential having the coaches develop them and then selling them on for lots of money he is the best we've ever had - by a country mile.

Re the medical team and fitness records you seem to forget some of the successes during his tenure; Kodyja and Tammy took a lot of hits and played a high percentage of games for us.

He bought Webster who, in the year he played with LJ and our medics had (by far) the best season of his entire career - and also made SL a profit of some £15m - unbelievable good business and physio/fitness

Brownhill played most games he was elibible for despite beign in the thick of the Lj 'pressing' era and a huge workrate.

THe list goes on and I'm sure you've listened/watch the Euros where Kalas and Nagy have performed superbly; both the successes of the MA/Medical era you refer to with one-sided distain. It's ok to 'have a go' on here - that's what the forum seems to be about but surely both sides of the coin should be mentioned and only time will tell where the boss's views on MA lie at this point in time. It is safe to say that for many years the trust and relationship was as good as any we've had at AG in decades.

30 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Sorry Fuber, i think you are only commenting on a selected and small minority of cases- perhaps you are happy to jump on the small wagon of MA haters, now he is gone and unable to explain his record or actions.

W.R.T buying players with potential having the coaches develop them and then selling them on for lots of money he is the best we've ever had - by a country mile.

Re the medical team and fitness records you seem to forget some of the successes during his tenure; Kodyja and Tammy took a lot of hits and played a high percentage of games for us.

He bought Webster who, in the year he played with LJ and our medics had (by far) the best season of his entire career - and also made SL a profit of some £15m - unbelievable good business and physio/fitness

Brownhill played most games he was elibible for despite beign in the thick of the Lj 'pressing' era and a huge workrate.

THe list goes on and I'm sure you've listened/watch the Euros where Kalas and Nagy have performed superbly; both the successes of the MA/Medical era you refer to with one-sided distain. It's ok to 'have a go' on here - that's what the forum seems to be about but surely both sides of the coin should be mentioned and only time will tell where the boss's views on MA lie at this point in time. It is safe to say that for many years the trust and relationship was as good as any we've had at AG in decades.

bagdad-bob.jpg.dea7f332009eb820d4eb40da6f9e70c6.jpg

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

In my relatively short time as an active poster on this forum, this is by far the most ludicrous post I have read by some distance.

That is an incredible achievement.

13 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I have no problem with getting mates into jobs , provided that they are the best available. It can be a big advantage having an additional level of loyalty and knowledge of how that person functions.

Ultimately the buck stops with Uncle Steve, whom I believe trusted Ashton and took his eye off the ball.

I also believe that Jon Lansdown got the wool pulled over his eyes and couldn’t see the wood for the trees. 

SL has had a rude awakening and I am sure that he is furious with what happened last season.

Apparently he was so gullible even the wool pulled over Jon Lansdown's eyes was 40% Nylon. 

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Hi Mark

6 hours ago, Marco the red said:

They were probably arguing for sake of it it was plain to see.

I got shot down by mentioning that our squad wasn't fit enough season on season in the championship! You don't fall off the pace for know reason and certainty don't lose games in winning positions. Ok crap tactics come into play but overall under Johnson we suffered fitness wise.

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

- If there was a band wagon I've been on it a lot longer than others. I was always against the clubs in bag approach and wasted signings,  especially the rising wages, of which it should noted continued even post LJ with regards to the poor success rate.

- His player success rate should only apply against signings he made during his tenure, I.e. 2017 onwards; Bownhill (LJ signing, having managed him at Barnsley), Kodjia, Reid, Bryan, Flint - none are his signings. So we can write those out of the equation. Great negotiations to sell them, but he never had a thing to do identifying them.

Butchered negotiations and contracts with the likes of Freeman, Ayling. Barely Broke even and or made losses (as stands) on the likes of Lucic, Baker, Moore, Magnússon, Hunt, DaSilva, Kalas, Palmer, Nagy, Diedhiou, England, Walsh, Djuric, Watkins, Eisa, Adelakun, Wells, Szmodics, and Taylor.

Then this season the remit failed completely as we changed tack and signed nothing but experience, with the likes of Brunt, Martin, Lansbury, basically all being a waste.

I'll also point out. I've been pointing finger at the fitness and conditioning since Rhys Carr left - who it should be noted has left Sheffield United - and if we're judging staff appointment since Ashton was appointed? - Rolls. Enough said. Those excusing it due to covid need a reminder. It was the ruddy same shit last season.

Whose idea was that US preseason tour **** up? - the same person now employed an American consortium at Portman Road.

Negotiates a good fee. All he was good at. Bailed out by our academy and SCs signings. LJ complicit in the final 18 months.

1 hour ago, TomThumb84 said:

In my relatively short time as an active poster on this forum, this is by far the most ludicrous post I have read by some distance.

That is an incredible achievement.

Unfortunately because others quoted him I got to see the post.  Blige…..or perhaps the autocorrect “bilge” is more appropriate.

Lordy, Effin Lordy!!!

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How did we give Caulker ‘poor care’ ?

There was an interview with him years ago in which IIRC, he said that his 'troubles' started when he was at City, on loan from Tottenham and basically left alone with no support from the club away from football, in a flat/bedsit in one of the less salubrious areas of Bristol, with nothing to do except be tempted by the various distractions all around him.

Not his exact words but just what I remember from the interview and it was quite a while ago, but that was the general gist.

Archived