IGNORED

Start of new season

Mrdc

Fast forwarding to the first home game in August, how many do we think will be allowed in the ground?

I deliberately haven’t renewed my season ticket due to the uncertainty and would be stunned if we start off anywhere near full capacity.

in addition I could see restrictions getting tighter as we go into winter months.

1 minute ago, boatman said:

Fast forwarding to the first home game in August, how many do we think will be allowed in the ground?

I deliberately haven’t renewed my season ticket due to the uncertainty and would be stunned if we start off anywhere near full capacity.

in addition I could see restrictions getting tighter as we go into winter months.

At this stage limited attendance around 5 K with face masks where you will have to drink your cider with a straw.

There is no one on this earth that can predict an answer to your open ended post. 

Things change daily. However if I was back in the UK my priority would be to renew my season ticket. 

Hope for the best and COYReds.

I reckon it will be season ticket holder’s about half the capacity. I did read they are hoping for full attendances in the prem. But proof of vaccination. I will try and find the link.

One thing is for sure if fans aren’t allowed back football clubs will be going bust 

Even with "freedom Day" ? being put back month, season kick off allows another Month and that would be around 85-90% of people Vaccinated I would guess. If there were still restrictions there should be no problem for Season card holders. Maybe masks moving around, but I can even see us up to 80% capacity pretty quickly.

I do wonder if the EFL or Clubs may restrict travelling fans to allow the Home fans in.  

Not a chance of away fans, possibly for the majority, if not all of the season.

Reduced capacity of ST holders only from the start is my hunch.

As an aside with the balloon fiesta presumably impacted, could we be away on the first Saturday & home on the second? Only I foolishly allowed my wife to book a (UK based) holiday for the first day of the season & it’s my birthday on the second weekend..

55 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Even with "freedom Day" ? being put back month, season kick off allows another Month and that would be around 85-90% of people Vaccinated I would guess. If there were still restrictions there should be no problem for Season card holders. Maybe masks moving around, but I can even see us up to 80% capacity pretty quickly.

I do wonder if the EFL or Clubs may restrict travelling fans to allow the Home fans in.  

“Freedom Day” ???

This country.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Not a chance of away fans, possibly for the majority, if not all of the season.

Reduced capacity of ST holders only from the start is my hunch.

As an aside with the balloon fiesta presumably impacted, could we be away on the first Saturday & home on the second? Only I foolishly allowed my wife to book a (UK based) holiday for the first day of the season & it’s my birthday on the second weekend..

Fiesta not taking place in its current guise. 

If Johnson has his way the original plan for “freedom day” was the end of all restrictions in which case no masks, outdoors, and no social distancing. 

As to whether away fans are allowed  to sure who would have the say on that.

I felt reasonably comfortable about being back at Ashton Gate yesterday for the Bears match. Apart from the result.

South Stand not open due to Covid Vaccinations in the concourse.

A large group of Quins fans seated in upper Lansdown at the South Stand end. Quiet in the first half when Bris ripped them apart but very noisy in second half and extra time.

The major negative was a few near me who had had too much to drink by mid second half. They were behaving as if Covid did not exist and quite boorish and to an extent for me, concerning. All of those present had to take a Covid Test and be negative to attend BUT I did not see anyone in authority asking for evidence of the test result.

With no alcohol inside the seating, it should be a bit better at City games as anyone who is clearly well pissed may not be allowed in by football stewards.

But with only around 6,500 inside the stadium, it was OK for me. But a 20,000 plus crowd, Football or Rugby, will be totally different and could be quite claustrophobic.  

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

I felt reasonably comfortable about being back at Ashton Gate yesterday for the Bears match. Apart from the result.

South Stand not open due to Covid Vaccinations in the concourse.

A large group of Quins fans seated in upper Lansdown at the South Stand end. Quiet in the first half when Bris ripped them apart but very noisy in second half and extra time.

The major negative was a few near me who had had too much to drink by mid second half. They were behaving as if Covid did not exist and quite boorish and to an extent for me, concerning. All of those present had to take a Covid Test and be negative to attend BUT I did not see anyone in authority asking for evidence of the test result.

With no alcohol inside the seating, it should be a bit better at City games as anyone who is clearly well pissed may not be allowed in by football stewards.

But with only around 6,500 inside the stadium, it was OK for me. But a 20,000 plus crowd, Football or Rugby, will be totally different and could be quite claustrophobic.  

Thanks for the insight.

Luckily for us Joe and me, we are in a self - contained block (A4) at AG, with our own toilets and nobody in front or behind us.  I’d feel pretty comfortable in that area, I wouldn’t even necessarily need to sit next to anyone (in my regular seat) I could stand behind Joe.

A lot can change in terms of restrictions between now and August and by then the majority of fans will have had at least one or both jabs so personally I wouldn’t be too bothered if full capacity was allowed.

We’ll just have to wait to see what the data shows nearer the time.

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

A lot can change in terms of restrictions between now and August and by then the majority of fans will have had at least one or both jabs so personally I wouldn’t be too bothered if full capacity was allowed.

We’ll just have to wait to see what the data shows nearer the time.

This is not a reply to you, Robbo, but to all City fans. Having both vaccinations, will not stop anyone from catching Covid. It should reduce the harshness of it which for the majority of young and middle aged adults, they should be alright.

However for the old ones and those with for instance Asthma, it could still prove very uncomfortable and possibly life threatening. My wife who is asthmatic, gave me the third degree when I got home because while she has had both jabs, she is rightly concerned. I'm 78 soon and while I feel reasonably fit, only the old man's waterworks problems of can't start and then can't stop, at this age how much could my lungs stand a dose of Covid?

9 minutes ago, Pearcy said:

It will be interesting to see how today goes (National League Final). Do they have 6,000 tickets each or is it 6,000 total? It will give us a good indication what to expect and also if it is possible to have any away fans.

There were away fans at the rugby. I doesn't matter where people come from so long as everyone is cautious and behaves. But as I said above, even some of the rugby fans were "misbehaving" in my opinion. A few beers and many will lose control.

I am not trying to be a scaremonger or to be totally negative. Just realistic about how easily some of the human race can lose control of themselves. 

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

There were away fans at the rugby. I doesn't matter where people come from so long as everyone is cautious and behaves. But as I said above, even some of the rugby fans were "misbehaving" in my opinion. A few beers and many will lose control.

I am not trying to be a scaremonger or to be totally negative. Just realistic about how easily some of the human race can lose control of themselves. 

Yes but as previously said football and rugby are different due to the alcohol in the stands. It will be interesting to see if this has any affect.

Football fans and alcohol have never mixed well, especially during covid as was seen at the recent England Scotland game. Having said that I'm all for full attendance come August subject to health/double jab confirmation. I think the time has come to just get on with it if we take the sensible precautions. Time is running out for us older ones.

33 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

This is not a reply to you, Robbo, but to all City fans. Having both vaccinations, will not stop anyone from catching Covid. It should reduce the harshness of it which for the majority of young and middle aged adults, they should be alright.

However for the old ones and those with for instance Asthma, it could still prove very uncomfortable and possibly life threatening. My wife who is asthmatic, gave me the third degree when I got home because while she has had both jabs, she is rightly concerned. I'm 78 soon and while I feel reasonably fit, only the old man's waterworks problems of can't start and then can't stop, at this age how much could my lungs stand a dose of Covid?

I understand that perfectly well but the government base their restrictions on the latest data and if said data shows a decrease in covid cases then we might well see increased attendances allowed. However, ultimately it’s upto the individual to make their own decisions should increased capacity be allowed whether to attend or not.

Personally I wouldn’t have an issue in attending AG but I get that others would.

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

If and it's a big IF all restrictions end on July the 19th why the hell wouldn't there be full attendances at the start of the season, all restrictions end, can't be any clearer than that can it.

That will be a big call from Boris. I just hope he is brave enough to make it. Let's start getting back to normal again.

Archived