IGNORED

One Shot On Target

Hampshire Red

You may have read elsewhere how many 'big games' at the end of this past season have been so boring to watch for us fans who have been watching football for half a century! From play-off matches, to the finals and now to the Euros.

Can anyone explain how England can only have one shot on targert against a team representing 'The Pub League'. No surprise there were no goals but will all that tallent on the pitch and then off the bench to have a solitory goal is little short of....pathetic/embarassing/rubbish? I dont believe that a 'Good Scottish defence' is a justifiable answer

3 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

You may have read elsewhere how many 'big games' at the end of this past season have been so boring to watch for us fans who have been watching football for half a century! From play-off matches, to the finals and now to the Euros.

Can anyone explain how England can only have one shot on targert against a team representing 'The Pub League'. No surprise there were no goals but will all that tallent on the pitch and then off the bench to have a solitory goal is little short of....pathetic/embarassing/rubbish? I dont believe that a 'Good Scottish defence' is a justifiable answer

It was a bit like Yate playing the gas. neither are any good on the days when they need to perform

3 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Are you just trying to make us feel better about our club?

Not really after the season we've had where by most stats and evidenced by watching every game, we were largely disappointing and certainly not entertaining under any of the coaches. THe last 10 games were as bad for me to watch as any 10 in my 50 years+ of watching

My point is more general about the game and how many supposedly good teams just 'dont turn up' for games that you'd think were their biggest games of the season. OK, England have bigger fish to fry than the Scots but the fact is if you dont get shots on target the team wont score. Only people taken in by the media hype of so-called big games (EPL, Internationals, play-offs, whatever) would say they really are entertained if there are no or two shots on target throughout a 90+ minute game

A mate of mine bets on a lot of games about individuals having shots on target and even Kane, Vardy, Rashford et al can go through games with one or none - i mean how crap is that to watch??

So no, I'm not aiming to point our City are good entertainment in 2020/2021 but rather that the whole sport has become less entertaining; it's akin to there being no rallies in tennis, no pars in golf, no tries in rugby and defensive bowling in cricket where every ball can be left.

Maybe when you think back to the exciting games of City's past, even just a few seasons ago, we only remember the better games out of 46/50+ games but i am suprised England, Man City, Swansea, Lincoln all go big games with no shots on target; What's the point of goalkeepers?

3 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Have you considered the fact that England actually need to finish second in our group to stand any realistic chance of reaching the quarter finals ? Two draws following our win should seal that. Is all I'm saying.

People complained that in the world cup we only got as far as we did because we never actually played any body any good, well personally I would like us to face somebody really decent in the next round to see if we could actually beat a so called top side, if we lose well what the hell, imagine though if we did win and went right to the end that would shut a few people up, probably won't happen but it just could which is what keeps us watching isn't it. 

Archived