IGNORED

Adam Nagy

57 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

He impacts the game if you notice him impacting the game. One of those who does a lot of his good work off the ball so goes unnoticed 

Totally agree mate, not a fancy footballer but does a lot of the ugly unnoticed stuff which is generally less ‘popular’ and doesn’t generate as much positive data. 

I find it odd how some people go out of their way to find ways to criticise him yet average players such as Morrell / Walsh are lauded as the next best thing with much less analysis on their failings.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Playing well again tonight - trying to play himself into a big move abroad 🤷‍♂️

I have watched most of the first half. I saw Nagy make a nice pass and that is it. No tackling whatsoever and rarely on the ball. How is he playing well. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And post Xmas, I saw him doing less and less / less than normal off the ball from what he’d done previously.  That was frustrating, and I question his commitment because of it.  It almost felt like he was saving himself for the Euros.  I’m not saying every game, and not all game either, but more than enough for me to pick up on it.

The amount of tackles he pulled out of, dangled a leg at, or slowed his press to avoid having to make a tackle was noticeable too.  That frustrated me too.

I think he’s a capable footballer, but when playing like above in several games, his worth to the team is diminished.

Im not sure I’ve ever seen him crunch in to any / many tackles; that’s not his game.
He’s a pest, he covers lots of ground, he harries the opposition, he tracks back. 
He came back in to the team after the international break last season and played a number of games in quick succession after being out the team for a while, his return coincided with wins at Mboro and Swansea and somewhere else I think. His work rate and sometimes over running will naturally mean he tires more quickly that others but i have never questioned his commitment. I’d rather him than someone who gives 70% and trots around for the whole game / season. 

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The amount of tackles he pulled out of, dangled a leg at, or slowed his press to avoid having to make a tackle was noticeable too.  That frustrated me too.

4B0E439E-2F5B-42D5-93EE-E74BC6974971.gif

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

I have watched most of the first half. I saw Nagy make a nice pass and that is it. No tackling whatsoever and rarely on the ball. How is he playing well. 

**** me, the other 10 must be pretty good then, they’re beating Germany for goodness sake.

10 minutes ago, Globe Trotter said:

Im not sure I’ve ever seen him crunch in to any / many tackles; that’s not his game.
He’s a pest, he covers lots of ground, he harries the opposition, he tracks back. 
He came back in to the team after the international break last season and played a number of games in quick succession after being out the team for a while, his return coincided with wins at Mboro and Swansea and somewhere else I think. His work rate and sometimes over running will naturally mean he tires more quickly that others but i have never questioned his commitment. I’d rather him than someone who gives 70% and trots around for the whole game / season. 

He’s the king of the beep test!!

I don’t disagree with much of what you say….you’ve described Nagy’s game.  When he doesn’t do those key things, which happened too often for my liking in the second half of the season, he’s doesn’t contribute enough.

When you’re scrapping for points / results, like we were, I think it’s fine to question his value / place in the team.

I hope we find a role that both motivates him and brings out the best in him.  With Matty James, Joe Williams, Tyreeq Bakinson and Han-Noah Massengo competing for slots, he’s gonna need to bring his international form back with him to BS3.  I guess much might be dependent on system employed too.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

That is amazing. I think I have lost count of how many tackles and interceptions he had made so far

Just now, Marco the red said:

Not convinced Bakinson is a Pearson player. With a midfield of James and Williams, Tyreeq will stick out like a sore thumb due to limited work rate etc. Pearson is going to want a side of grafters which in my honest opinion doesn't bode well for Bakinson and Palmer, Massengo and Nagy on the other hand.

Tyreeq has a bit of work to do this summer.  One of the players who needs to seriously improve his fitness.  Will get minutes though.

29 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Playing well again tonight - trying to play himself into a big move abroad 🤷‍♂️

Agree he’s playing well. But I suspect his motivation has more to do with Hungary progressing in the Euros than it has with engineering a departure from Bristol City. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Specsavers tomorrow then!

😇

1 hour ago, Redrascal2 said:

You must have been watching a different game to me then! 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

So, Nagy had 85 minutes of pretty much a 10/10 DM performance. 
The things I’ve criticised him for, he did none of. He held his position well, blocked everything, intercepted everything, cut passing lanes etc etc. 
As a DM, it was near perfect. 

Then……the one and only time he allowed himself to get dragged out of position, bang, goal. 

He found himself chasing out to help his wing back, who already had help from others. No need. But I can fully understand why he did. But this left a massive hole where he’d been protecting superbly all game. 

One error. Game over. Home time. Shame. He’d done brilliantly til that point. But that is his main weakness (as he himself has acknowledged). 

0E26283B-358A-4DFA-A437-E8A62E808127.jpeg

Edited by Harry

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

The things I’ve criticised him for, he did none of. He held his position well, blocked everything, intercepted everything, cut passing lanes etc etc. 

Then……the one and only time he allowed himself to get dragged out of position, bang, goal. 

He found himself chasing out to help his wing back, who already had help from others. No need. But I can fully understand why he did. But this left a massive hole where he’d been protecting superbly all game. 

One error. Game over. Home time. 

Harsh.

• Like 1

Just now, bcfc01 said:

Harsh.

Not at all. He had a 10/10 game. But got dragged out of his position once. And it so happened that was the crucial defining moment. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

One error. Game over. Home time. Shame. He’d done brilliantly til that point. But that is his main weakness (as he himself has acknowledged). 

Obviously brutal at international level but imagine if he produced that for us at the level we’re at 7/8 games out of 10?

He’d end up in Championship team of the year.

• Like 2

Brilliant player of the ball....

Goes unnoticed....

Does the work you don’t see...

As I said does not impact the game

Does he create -no

Does he carry the team forward - no

Does he get wide and cross - no 

Does he get stuck in - no

Does he break beyond the forward  -no

Does he score - no

Does he impact the game - no

Team was full off them last year get a decent price and sell

• Like 1

Been a big fan of Nagy's since he signed pretty much, is he better than all Matty James, HNM, Joe Williams - probably just. Considerably better - no. In a large rebuilding job funds will be key, as we seem to lack a bit, accepting a £5m+ offer would be a smart move from the club with money for Yates and a quality right back. Would be sad to see him go but from a business perspective it makes sense.

53 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not at all. He had a 10/10 game. But got dragged out of his position once. And it so happened that was the crucial defining moment. 

It’s a fair point Harry. At that level you get punished for one mistake. Just like strikers who only get one chance at that level and have to put away 1 out of 1 - not 1 out of 5 that they can get away with in domestic games.

But I was hugely impressed with how well organised the Hungarian defence and midfield were and what a great shape they kept for 89 minutes. They made it so hard for the Germans to make those telling passes into space. 

• Like 4

A genuine 3 suits him best, shame about the late goal- possibly wants to do a little too much on occasion. Very good game, did well vs France too. Vs Portugal, not so much but he had some positives too.

Unsure I'd be rushing to sell him, as others mentioned was good at Middlesbrough and Swansea and in latter part of season on the right, he got IIRC a goal and an assist v Luton and an assist v Wycombe- there is a decent player in there IMO.

• Like 1