IGNORED

The wife’s birthday 🎂

Honesty time , are you allowed to go to football if the good ladies birthday falls on a match day especially if it’s an away game. 

Ive been lucky, married 32 years never stopped from doing any sports , she even used to caddy for me when I played golf and used to help prepare my Moto X bike.

Have you’ve been this lucky or does your good lady wear the trousers!

• Haha 1

We have tended to be on holiday for her birthdays, (something about them not counting if she isn't in this country! 🙄) as that's in September I have always run the risk of missing games, but she has always been good about me watching streams or whatever.

All in the planning. My Wife Birthday is 3 days after mine ..... in July.

Just as well, she hates football and hates giving up weekends to me being drunk in various parts of the Country 😇

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

All in the planning. My Wife Birthday is 3 days after mine ..... in July.

Just as well, she hates football and hates giving up weekends to me being drunk in various parts of the Country 😇

Mrs F hates football too.  She doesn’t understand the commitment to wanting to go to every home game.  “Can’t you miss one?” - “no”!

If Joe wasn’t disabled he’d be playing football, and that commitment would be every week, not just home games, so I tell her it could be worse.

• Like 2

When my dad, now 87, was "courting" and aged about 25, his then girlfriend said "we've been together two years, if we're going to be serious then you have to choose football or me". He said goodbye to her and never saw her again!

• Haha 2
  • Robin 2

I was lucky I guess in that my wife was a season ticket holder before me and AG is where we met. It has never been an issue. As we get to fewer matches now an away day would be considered a decent present.

Mind you, I did feel there was a sense of Karma pay back from some of my previous relationships in our early marriage, when I would try the ‘fancy an early night?’ line only to be met by a response of ‘not now love, I really want to watch Match of the Day first’

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Masala said:

When my dad, now 87, was "courting" and aged about 25, his then girlfriend said "we've been together two years, if we're going to be serious then you have to choose football or me". He said goodbye to her and never saw her again!

😀

Reminds me of the guy who got tickets in the ballot for the England v Columbia World cup game in Russia- only thing was it clashed with his wedding day so he put out a message on social media to say that obviously he couldn't now attend so if anyone could make it they were very welcome to take his place and .........................

It was at 2pm St.Cuthbert's Church, Cambridge and her name is Carol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Too much importance placed on birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries etc. Just do what you want, when you want. Birthdays if they fall on football days, or clash with anything else that you have no control over, can be celebrated a day or two late. No big deal.

People who insist their birthdays are important should take a look at themselves and not be so selfish. It’s better that more than one person is happy so be flexible.

• Like 2

Before we were married, my wife to be said she’d like to come to a football match at AG with me. I resisted for a long time but she kept on asking. I ended up giving in and taking her to a freezing cold, chucking-it-down, Tuesday evening (I think) 0-0 draw v Hartlepool. I felt sure that she’d never want to watch football ever again after that because tbh, I didn’t!

That was c.33 years ago which is one year more than she’s been a season ticket holder!

• Like 3