IGNORED

Seb Hutchinson ITV

Port Said Red

Following on from my rant about Sam Materface on Friday, I have to say that Seb Hutchinson is different gravy. Although his voice is reminiscent of Richard Ayoade it is not unpleasant to listen to, he commentated on the game in front of him, added a little colour without it being intrusive, and used his co commentator (Hartson) well by asking him good questions at the right time. Please ITV, move him up the pecking order.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Following on from my rant about Sam Materface on Friday, I have to say that Seb Hutchinson is different gravy. Although his voice is reminiscent of Richard Ayoade it is not unpleasant to listen to, he commentated on the game in front of him, added a little colour without it being intrusive, and used his co commentator (Hartson) well by asking him good questions at the right time. Please ITV, move him up the pecking order.

Agreed.............but Hartson makes Alan Partridge look like an intellectual?  Hartson's burbling during Ampadu's sending off  was cringeworthy.....can't they find anyone Welsh who is witty and knowledgeable? It makes me wonder who picks the co commentators, and what criteria they use?        I'm sure Hartson's a lovely fella, but keep him away from microphones?     

19 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Agreed.............but Hartson makes Alan Partridge look like an intellectual?  Hartson's burbling during Ampadu's sending off  was cringeworthy.....can't they find anyone Welsh who is witty and knowledgeable? It makes me wonder who picks the co commentators, and what criteria they use?        I'm sure Hartson's a lovely fella, but keep him away from microphones?     

Max Boyce?

37 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I think Chris Coleman has done alright on Co-coms for a few sky sports games, would be worth giving him a go though I don't think bbc or itv have signed him up. 

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Each to their own of course but he makes me long for Matterface. Who makes me long for Tydlesley. Who makes me long for the mute button…..

40 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

On the subject of co-comms, how long has Andy Gray been allowed off the naughty step, couldn't believe it when I heard his voice on the box, doing a game ! I suppose he'll soon be back with that hairy ape Keys !

When you live abroad, they never left... They just work elsewhere now. 

9 hours ago, Mendip City said:

Agreed but he’s signed up for BBC and coming across well. 

back to Seb Hutchinson, he suddenly started appearing on Radio 5 last season and came across well. 

They are freelancers. Hal Robson Kanu has been on both channels for instance.

2 hours ago, Bernard Lerring said:

On the subject of ex players and dull punditry.... Jack wilshere, on the BBC euros podcast. 

Sounds uninterested, tells you little that you Don't already know and about a sharp as a dishcloth. 

Yep. You can't have been surprised though?

Archived