IGNORED

would you pay £335:00p to fly to Middlesbrough?

We once flew from Stanstead to Newcastle to watch a match against Hartlepool.  Nice harbour and ship - I believe called the Trincomalee or something like that.  Too old for all that stuff these days - but, if I recall correctly, it was worth it because Brian Tinnion scored a scorcher.

Depends on the game in question; a bunch of us from Bristol City London Branch flew from Stansted to Newcastle when we played Hartlepool away. We had a great weekend, walked the Hartlepool coastline, drank at the local brewery pub, got a decent point and of course went back for the P.O game. Most on here will have recalled or heard about the home leg of that P.O Proper football, proper days out and committed fans who would have paid anything they could afford. In today's world of watching every game from the ease, comfort and effortless of their screens it all seems like hard work back then. 

3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Hartlepool chartered a special plane for their trip to Bristol,the cost was £335 per person subject to all 72 seats being sold

Would you?

Only if I can put Parson Street as my departure point on my ticket ?

Never been to the one at Babbacombe,

So this coming weekend its the record fair at Abergavenny on Saturday 

and the Northampton programme fair on the Sunday

Then on the following Sunday on the 4th July its Subbuteo day in the Cambridge aerial

So it looks like  no one will see me looking bored next saturday morning at the Whitchurch boot sale

13 hours ago, cityexile said:

I simply cannot believe you have started a thread about Hartlepool and flights.

I think some clarification is needed for the young 'uns (and I hope I get the story right). For reasons unknown to this day NTTDS flew up to Newcastle on the morning of a Hartlepool away game, took a photo of the plane, then boarded the next flight home and listened to the game on the radio and it's been an OTIB staple gag ever since.

14 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Hartlepool chartered a special plane for their trip to Bristol,the cost was £335 per person subject to all 72 seats being sold

Would you?

If I didn't have to go back to Hartlepool I would

2 hours ago, sephjnr said:

I think some clarification is needed for the young 'uns (and I hope I get the story right). For reasons unknown to this day NTTDS flew up to Newcastle on the morning of a Hartlepool away game, took a photo of the plane, then boarded the next flight home and listened to the game on the radio and it's been an OTIB staple gag ever since.

Exactly that.

Indeed, for anyone who missed it, it is saved for ever in the 'classics' section it was so good.

Archived