IGNORED

Bristol City 2010-2021 (England squad)

ollywhyte

Just come across a Facebook post picking an England side containing one England player from each of the last 11 tournaments. Thought we could put a City twist on it...

Pick an English starting 11 using one player from each of the past 11 seasons. I've gone:

(4-4-2)

Tom Heaton (2012-13)

Luke Ayling (2014-15)
Aden Flint (2013-14)
Adam Webster (2018/19)
Jay Dasilva (2019-20)

Antoine Semenyo (2020/21)
Cole Skuse (2011/12)
Josh Brownhill (2017/18)
Joe Bryan (2015-16)

Tammy Abraham (2016-17)
Nicky Maynard (2010-11)

Still think that would have beaten the Scots on Friday!!

5 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

That gets me thinking…. Have we produced an England international in the modern era? Let’s stretch the modern era to 1966…

Rovers have in Gary Mabbutt. Off the top of my head I can’t think of a City example. 

The only (slightly tenuous) one I can think of would be Keith Curle.

57 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Just come across a Facebook post picking an England side containing one England player from each of the last 11 tournaments. Thought we could put a City twist on it...

Pick an English starting 11 using one player from each of the past 11 seasons. I've gone:

(4-4-2)

Tom Heaton (2012-13)

Luke Ayling (2014-15)
Aden Flint (2013-14)
Adam Webster (2018/19)
Jay Dasilva (2019-20)

Antoine Semenyo (2020/21)
Cole Skuse (2011/12)
Josh Brownhill (2017/18)
Joe Bryan (2015-16)

Tammy Abraham (2016-17)
Nicky Maynard (2010-11)

Still think that would have beaten the Scots on Friday!!

Absolutely amazes me that anyone would pick jay dasilva on what he has done up to now for us

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Not sure I'd be picking 13/14 Flint, scored plenty of own goals and wasn't near the player he was the following season.

It's a fair shout judging by that season, I didn't really choose the players based off of their form within that specific season but good point!

49 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Absolutely amazes me that anyone would pick jay dasilva on what he has done up to now for us

Point taken. Be interested to know how you would line the squad up under those rules.

FWIW I'm a big fan of Dasilva, think hes technically brilliant and one of the first names on the teamsheet when fit.

16 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Yeah that’s about it. Though even he started at rovers!

I suppose we (Terry Cooper) turned him into a central defender and that’s where he played for England. 

He was a neighbour of mine when he was a young boy, and I well remember Keith and his brother wandering down to play football in the local park, both dressed in their Rovers shirts.

I must say, though, they both took the banter in good spirits - they were both nice lads. 

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

He was a neighbour of mine when he was a young boy, and I well remember Keith and his brother wandering down to play football in the local park, both dressed in their Rovers shirts.

I must say, though, they both took the banter in good spirits - they were both nice lads. 

That’s good to hear. Always liked him as a player and manager. Comes across as a sound bloke (despite his iffy start in the game!!!) 

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Bromley Heath Park?

On 21/06/2021 at 13:22, Clutton Caveman said:

Chris Garland played once for U 23's

Indeed.

3 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

In a game held at Ashton Gate IIRC

Unfortunately not.

He was named in the squad, against East Germany if I remember correctly, but didn't get on, much to the disappointment of many fans who turned up hoping to see him get capped.

Archived