IGNORED

Billy Gilmour

Abraham Romanovich

• Admin

LOL

In all seriousness all 26 of the England squad were tested yesterday and all returned a negative result, actually giving more credence to the original point ?

The other 25 Scottish players in the squad tested negative too

10 minutes ago, kelbcfc said:

That just proves that the covid bubble is a load of bollox. 

Not fully sure how the bubble works so are England players clear to play even though we know that incubation period is usually a couple of days before symptoms start to show / test is positive?

Presumably Gilmour was negative on Thursday/Friday so he may have caught it since the game - or he may have had it and it hadn't developed enough to get a positive test. If any England players caught it they may not start showing until today/tomorrow?

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Not fully sure how the bubble works so are England players clear to play even though we know that incubation period is usually a couple of days before symptoms start to show / test is positive?

Presumably Gilmour was negative on Thursday/Friday so he may have caught it since the game - or he may have had it and it hadn't developed enough to get a positive test. If any England players caught it they may not start showing until today/tomorrow?

Surely all these so called superstars are kept in a bubble away from the public so that the chances of getting covid are zero. 

3 minutes ago, kelbcfc said:

Surely all these so called superstars are kept in a bubble away from the public so that the chances of getting covid are zero. 

As the Junior member of the team, he probably caught it going down the shop to get some Buckfast for the boys...

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

Confirmed Chilwell and Mount are self isolating as they were the two that were all over Gilmore at the end of the game

Which is ridiculous.  Apparently the Scottish players are all okay to play having spent 4 weeks in a bubble with him and Fleck but 2 of our players spend a few seconds at the end of a game saying well done to their club mate and they are out for 10 days??

Chilwell might as well go home - it's obvious Southgate has something against him.  

1 minute ago, The Bard said:

Which is ridiculous.  Apparently the Scottish players are all okay to play having spent 4 weeks in a bubble with him and Fleck but 2 of our players spend a few seconds at the end of a game saying well done to their club mate and they are out for 10 days??

Likewise, struggling to make sense of that. Both entire squads must be in the same position regardless of negative tests?

I get the need to isolate, incubation times etc but just those two and Gilmour himself i don't really see why not others.

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

All because of this. Crazy 

6303F6C3-8D6A-4214-94E4-B1C0F6251F2A.png

Well, that's the closest they got to him all evening.

To keep things in perspective, however, MM and GC are simply self-isolating and, at present, this is simply precautionary - there is no suggestion they will be unavailable for selection unless, of course, they test positive tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Well, that's the closest they got to him all evening.

To keep things in perspective, however, MM and GC are simply self-isolating and, at present, this is simply precautionary - there is no suggestion they will be unavailable for selection unless, of course, they test positive tomorrow.

This must be it. They’ll keep away from the rest of the team until they are tested - however if it’s purely because of that hug that’s silly as many players probably came closer on the pitch (joking aside). Mount was a concern as him and Gilmour were tussling all Game.

I assume no one in Scotland squad has to isolate as they are in a bubble, so in theory won’t meet anyone outside of said bubble. If they test positive before the game they’ll be out 

IMHO, it’s sensible to be over cautious. If it does get into the squad, it could spread like wildfire. 

The Scots don’t care, as they’ll be going home tomorrow anyway.

I feel for the Croats - they could beat Scotland tomorrow and qualify for the next round, but risk half the team catching COVID.

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Total ******* bollox i say. He must have been in contact with tons of people. If you apply the rules to the max the entire team, subs bench, staff and ref team should be isolating. They put an entire year at home if my son tests positive

bollocks

All those people Will stay in their relative bubbles though until they are tested again. I agree though as was said on the covid thread, because of incubation periods etc people will likely slip through the net and it could spread. The “right” Thing to do, as most work places would do, is enforce isolation on everyone but that wouldn’t work for the tournament - so football will come above health

Archived