IGNORED

Man City offer £100m for Harry Kane

Jerseybean

48 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Just been reading comments on the other thread that seem to think this is good news. How, why, what is good about Kane and Grealish giving even further dominance to an Arab Sheik and a club that epitomises everything in football and society than is unfair, unjust, unsporting, undesirable and goes against everything people write about on subjects of how footballers are nice people, just earning a few quid in their short careers. More earnings in a week than how many doctors and nurses_ sorry, this should be the end of top flight football in England being the EPL. Almost certainly a return to the similarly elitist Super League by Man City to join Barca, Real and Juve will only be a matter of months away and more 'so-called English clubs to join them. Maybe that's our way to the top flight?

Anyone pretending the jokers on talksport and Radio five are right to be excited about this horrible state of our game should come on here and listen to people complaining about £30 for a ticket ; it's people who pay to watch Man City on tv that are the root cause of this sickening outcome

Just another day of using cash to sportwash a country’s awful record re human rights.

Funny, one minute people are up in arms about the Super League saying how it'll destroy the English game. Then these sorts of deals (might) happen throwing crazy sums of fees and wages around and people suddenly want teams like this to bugger off to the Super League. ?‍♂️

In reality, what's more disappointing is it seems only the Championship down are impacted by COVID and the financial imapcts. Teams that live in the Ivory Tower Premier League can still behave like nothings happened it seems.

Good to see the football authorities have used this last year wisely to actually do something positive and implement caps/sustainable financial fee structures across all leagues. 

I'm not sure I care that much, also people tend to misrepresent Man City's business model.  A lot of the money they spend comes from legitimate business activities of a very diverse business.  As long as the pathways in the Premier league are not blocked for young British players I genuinely don't care. 

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

I would suggest posting this on the Kane thread would have made more sense

Personally I don’t care two hoots what clubs like Man City do. Best teams have always bought the best players and always will 

They aren’t necessarily the best teams though, they’re the ones with the most money. 

I'm happy to see Grealish potentially off as I think Aston Villa have got away with a lot in terms of FFP so if they have to suffer a bit relatively speaking- Good!

Would be good to see them, or at least a decent chunk of their fanbase (extrapolating here, online etc) taken down a notch or 2. Or maybe Purslow is the one to aim at here, either way it wouldn't be the worst thing.

Not terribly bothered either way about Kane.

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Don’t really care too much about the prem though I do think that Grealish and Foden in in the same team will be unbelievable, shame neither of them can get in the England team

The England team will be built around Foden in the coming years and i think Grealish will get a proper look in as soon as he signs for City..

3 hours ago, big dosser said:

i once signed a player for a dry blackthorn cider and a pack of big d peanuts, how times have changed?

Dead right.

When we signed Tomlin it cost a year's supply of burgers and 20 minutes with the Nanny. 

Red Heinz; you get the point of the post, thank you and i totally agree with the sentiments you mention of Man City having at some stage soon to go back non-league. Many life-long Man City fans also agree with you too as they are embarrased bythis incredulous amount of Sheik money totally ruining and distorting English football

And Its Smith just doesnt get it. I am happy to re-explain but if the EPL is totally ruined by one man/country's Sheiky money to the detriment of all other clubs and competition, then the Championship will follow suit. Sooner or later you will wake up

14 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Red Heinz; you get the point of the post, thank you and i totally agree with the sentiments you mention of Man City having at some stage soon to go back non-league. Many life-long Man City fans also agree with you too as they are embarrased bythis incredulous amount of Sheik money totally ruining and distorting English football

And Its Smith just doesnt get it. I am happy to re-explain but if the EPL is totally ruined by one man/country's Sheiky money to the detriment of all other clubs and competition, then the Championship will follow suit. Sooner or later you will wake up

Man City’s money ruining English football either you have a short memory or don’t really know what you’re talking about! 

Football in this country has always been corrupted by money, Roman Abramovitch obviously never pumped all that money into Chelsea then? Or Man Utd or Blackburn or Liverpool or Nottingham Forrest, even our own Harry Dolman sat on a board meeting for the inbreds up the road when they were on about selling the own ground for profit! 

Football has always been a business since becoming professional in 1885 so money in the game isn’t some sort of new thing that’s just come into the sport via Manchester City! 

3 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

If you quote someone it’s easier. 

Don’t tell me what I do and do not get. And dont tell me I will wake up.  Why don’t you realise that not everyone will care about everything you care about? 

I have little interest in the premier league so I don’t care if the best team in the country buys the striker of the 6th best team. I watched not a single MOTD last season. I’m not bothered.

It has always happened and the championship hasn’t really suffered so I don’t think it will. 

If all Championship clubs are bankrupt or 'close to that edge' i faile to understand how you can say the Championship hasnt suffered. From the time you/i started watching football the Championship has been the most competitive league. If you already know two or three of the clubs that will finish in the top 3 this coming season, how is that ever competitive? End of if you choose not to be concerned; of course you are entitled not to worry

18 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Just been reading comments on the other thread that seem to think this is good news. How, why, what is good about Kane and Grealish giving even further dominance to an Arab Sheik and a club that epitomises everything in football and society than is unfair, unjust, unsporting, undesirable and goes against everything people write about on subjects of how footballers are nice people, just earning a few quid in their short careers. More earnings in a week than how many doctors and nurses_ sorry, this should be the end of top flight football in England being the EPL. Almost certainly a return to the similarly elitist Super League by Man City to join Barca, Real and Juve will only be a matter of months away and more 'so-called English clubs to join them. Maybe that's our way to the top flight?

Anyone pretending the jokers on talksport and Radio five are right to be excited about this horrible state of our game should come on here and listen to people complaining about £30 for a ticket ; it's people who pay to watch Man City on tv that are the root cause of this sickening outcome

Why do we always compare footballers to doctors and nurses but never movie stars or musicians? It's entertainment, they bring in money, millions of people watch football every week. That's just life unfortunately.

17 hours ago, dunsteral said:

How can a player who doesn,t get picked to start a game for England be worth 100 million pounds.

The game has gone mad.

I'm not saying he is worth that much, but he didn't start in part because he appeared to be nursing an injury and in part because Gareth's plan involved utilising him as an impact player. 

Also, a transfer fee is about the worth of that player to the selling club, not necessarily how good he is. 

How or why Gareth used him has no real bearing on his value to Aston Villa

17 hours ago, dunsteral said:

How can a player who doesn,t get picked to start a game for England be worth 100 million pounds.

The game has gone mad.

Loads of reasons - it’s his worth to the selling club, his potential, the English premium and because he’s very marketable. He’s probably the most marketable English player at the moment and potentially the most marketable since Beckham.

21 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Why do we always compare footballers to doctors and nurses but never movie stars or musicians? It's entertainment, they bring in money, millions of people watch football every week. That's just life unfortunately.

I hate that, and why do footballers salaries get stated as £x per week still which makes it sound even worse, Tom Hanks doesn’t announce he’s doing a film and then his salary per week get quoted!

Archived