IGNORED

Man City offer £100m for Harry Kane

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

If all Championship clubs are bankrupt or 'close to that edge' i faile to understand how you can say the Championship hasnt suffered. From the time you/i started watching football the Championship has been the most competitive league. If you already know two or three of the clubs that will finish in the top 3 this coming season, how is that ever competitive? End of if you choose not to be concerned; of course you are entitled not to worry

For me the problem isn’t Man City or the Premier League per se but it’s the lack of independent governance and oversight of football and more importantly the lack moral purpose.

The purpose of football seems to not be success even, it is to make loads of money for a small minority of players, agents and foreign owners, and hats off as its doing a great job!

However, if you want the purpose of football to be maintaining competition, financial stability for all clubs, fairness, level playing fields and all that stuff then football is clearly not doing that.

Instead of standing up for themselves and spending within their means, Clubs are too scared they won’t get the player they need so they increase the fee or the salary little by little, season by season, and then the current players they already have get funny so they get a bit more, season after season, and it has just escalated over the last 20 odd years to what we have now which is players earning crazy money, transfer fees which are sky high (but ultimately just rich owners swapping money with each other (they never cash in!)) clubs who don’t have rich foreign owners getting cast aside, big clubs hoovering up young talent for nothing stopping small clubs getting those important transfer fees, players agents getting commission which drives even higher fees (they are like Stockbrokers really), all the while more money from TV is getting pumped in than ever before, but most of it goes to players and agents instead of helping make football sustainable for all.  

The owners will never ever vote for anything which will help other clubs and football as a whole, it’s like turkeys voting for Christmas, they want to stay at the top table and they don’t want anyone else involved (hence that European League).  Players don’t care cause they are making a fortune at the expense of their clubs financial security because the owners are trying to compete.  Agents don’t care as they are making more money than anyone.  Even the Tv pundits don’t care and if they do they can’t call it out for fear of losing their job.

The whole thing is ####ed up and needs serious independent review and oversight, which unfortunately the FA, UEFA and FIFA have proven time and time again that they are completely incapable of and in fact are worst than the clubs at times.

The bigger clubs have always had the best players because they generate more money, bigger grounds, bigger pull to players and that’s fine, but when you start to stack the odds in your favour by adding in parachute payments to relegated clubs (just because there is no rule that ALL player contracts must have a relegation clause) or allow clubs to sign young players for basically nothing to ensure they have all of the stock and small clubs don’t ever get the chance to develop a player, or sell your ground to another company you own to dodge the FFP rules etc etc etc absolutely ####ed!

1 minute ago, Redpool said:

If he does I think it will be after the first game of the season. Where Spurs are at home to Man City. 

He will, they know what they’re doing. I think Spurs fans understand also. He’s a world class player who wants to win titles and trophies. That won’t happen at Spurs. 

5 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Reported now Kane won’t return to training until his wish to leave is granted. 

Outrageous behaviour from Kane, half way through a long term contract, now he doesn’t fancy it, so downs tools until he gets a move.  If you want the freedom to move clubs don’t sign long contracts or make sure you have a buy out clause!  This will tarnish his legacy with Spurs fans, look what happened with Sol Campbell (although appreciate he went to Arsenal)

10 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Outrageous behaviour from Kane, half way through a long term contract, now he doesn’t fancy it, so downs tools until he gets a move.  If you want the freedom to move clubs don’t sign long contracts or make sure you have a buy out clause!  This will tarnish his legacy with Spurs fans, look what happened with Sol Campbell (although appreciate he went to Arsenal)

According to reports though there was a gentleman’s agreement in place that if Kane stayed last year he could leave this year. 

14 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

According to reports though there was a gentleman’s agreement in place that if Kane stayed last year he could leave this year. 

Anyone with half a brain get's something like that in writing. In a contract. Gentlemen's agreements count for shit in multi-million pound deals, and particularly when you are dealing with someone as shrewd as D Levy

Difficult one to weigh up. On the face of it, it’s outrageous behaviour from Kane who willingly signed a six year deal. But at the time Spurs were in the European Cup final and knocking on the door of the Premiership. If Kane was sold more of the same and Spurs have since regressed well past the mean then you sort of sympathise, especially if Daniel Levy is going back on his word. A “gentleman’s agreement” might be worth nothing in the real world, but a man’s word should still mean something, even from a shyster like Levy. 

13 minutes ago, chucky said:

Everyone's got a price...

Not sure. I think if it was all about the money then Kane could’ve moved way earlier in his career for a pay rise. He didn’t because he wanted to win trophies with Spurs. That’s not likely to happen anymore so he’s moving to a side more likely to win things, with the fortunate side effect of a pay rise imo. 

(edit. Realised this may have been about the fee rather than the wage but point still stands) 

1 hour ago, Redpool said:

Reported now Kane won’t return to training until his wish to leave is granted. 

Sounds like he is being a bit of a spoilt brat to me. Well god luck to him I suppose. He is one of the best to play for England but is a player realy worth that kind of money. Where does it stop ?

18 hours ago, downendcity said:

Dead right.

When we signed Tomlin it cost a year's supply of burgers and 20 minutes with the Nanny. 

Must have also been chips with the burgers and 5 seconds with the nanny. Tomlin could never last the pace.?

13 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Biggest question right now is does Kane stay in or out your fantasy teams?

This close to the season, without having trained, with City v Spurs first day, out for me. But with a plan on how to get his him after a few weeks. He will score an obscene amount of goals at City

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Contracts are different in football a massive percentage aren’t seen out especially in big time players under a certain age! Even if that player stays at the club.
The club will usually try to renegotiate will 18 months left because after that transfer value will go down due to what’s left on said contract! Both parties would’ve known that when the contract is signed that it’s highly unlikely to be seen out! 

the contract at the end of the day will make sure the club gets something from it!

1 hour ago, City oz said:

Must have also been chips with the burgers and 5 seconds with the nanny. Tomlin could never last the pace.?

I meant to add that the twenty minutes with the Nanny was spread over a full year. 

1 minute ago, Club and Country said:

Kane clearly wants to leave for trophies, not money

his only legacy at the minute will be he’s one of the best players the world will have seen to never, win a trophy

he doesn’t want that and doesn’t deserve that 

Totally agree. Levy is an absolute snake, and I hope anyone that signs for Spuds does due diligence before putting pen to paper.

13 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Kane clearly wants to leave for trophies, not money

his only legacy at the minute will be he’s one of the best players the world will have seen to never, win a trophy

he doesn’t want that and doesn’t deserve that 

Partly yes, but to say it has nothing to do with money or to suggest he isn't in it for the money seems very odd to me. Why the hell did he sign a 6 year deal in the first place, he should be ashamed of himself if he has gone on strike. I don't care if he's a great striker/player and England captain, but I honestly wouldn't mind to see a club stand up and let the player rot for the remainder of his contract - if it was at all possible. 

Let’s be honest here Kane signing a 6 year deal will work just as well for Spurs as it did for him. Spurs don’t have a player running down a contract, they don’t have to take a cut price fee as he only has eg 12/18 months left, they can essentially name their price. Meanwhile Harry’s had a nice pay rise off the back of it. My only surprise is he didn’t request a buy out amount

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Kane’s agent is dealing with Levy to be fair. The agent has ballsed this up it would seem

So a footballer's agent has a gentleman's agreement with Daniel Levy.

Oh the irony! 

Archived