IGNORED

Man City offer £100m for Harry Kane

Jerseybean

3 hours ago, Greedo said:

Not sure. I think if it was all about the money then Kane could’ve moved way earlier in his career for a pay rise. He didn’t because he wanted to win trophies with Spurs. That’s not likely to happen anymore so he’s moving to a side more likely to win things, with the fortunate side effect of a pay rise imo. 

(edit. Realised this may have been about the fee rather than the wage but point still stands) 

No, this was just a wrestling quip I was replying to.

It's unlikely in the extreme given he is a £100-150m, maybe more asset but would Levy let him rot/sweat for a period? I think he's one of the few who would be stubborn enough, though he also is one who has a very keen eye on the financial side.

To the reserves, or fining but no transfer of registration- as in you don't play for us, you don't play for any club. England might still pick you but that aside...

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

maybe more asset but would Levy let him rot/sweat for a period? I think he's one of the few who would be stubborn enough, though he also is one who has a very keen eye on the financial side.

Why would Levy let his biggest asset rot, drop in value? Kane's value now is at its peak, and Spurs have a big fuckoff stadium to pay for.

Reckon Kane will be "injured" for the opening game vs ManC. 120 M transfer free with Sterling bailing out to Real Madrid or somewhere. If they get both Kane and Grealish ill be surprised how they can afford that 

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Why would Levy let his biggest asset rot, drop in value? Kane's value now is at its peak, and Spurs have a big fuckoff stadium to pay for.

Reckon Kane will be "injured" for the opening game vs ManC. 120 M transfer free with Sterling bailing out to Real Madrid or somewhere. If they get both Kane and Grealish ill be surprised how they can afford that 

I know the rationale but it's not something you see often these days- Levy strikes me as pretty bloody minded when he wants to be and he will not appreciate Kane making a point of missing training etc.

3 hours ago, Redpool said:

Biggest question right now is does Kane stay in or out your fantasy teams?

I picked Grealish based on the possibility of him playing for Man City. Could never pick Grealish before I refused to have any Villa players in my team. 

Already had Kane, but having second thoughts now as Pep rotates his players a lot and will probably rest him on what he thinks is banker games. 

29 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I know the rationale but it's not something you see often these days- Levy strikes me as pretty bloody minded when he wants to be and he will not appreciate Kane making a point of missing training etc.

I posted an article further up the thread, Levy has been here before with, Berbatov, Modric and Bale, all of whom left.

Just now, Roger Red Hat said:

I posted an article further up the thread, Levy has been here before with, Berbatov, Modric and Bale, all of whom left.

Didn't Modric find himself held hostage for a further year after grumbling about his 'gentleman's' agreement? He wasn't let go until the asking price was met...I think.

20 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

True, big players have been sold for big cash eventually by Levy and the smart money is on that.

Found this bit of the article pretty interesting however.

And yet those dramas were from different times and it would probably be wise to look purely at the current circumstances, with Levy operating in a coronavirus-scarred financial landscape, fan unrest high and Kane’s goals, not to mention what he means to the club, feeling extremely hard to replace.

Does feel as if the dial might have moved a bit in terms of the external environment- could see Levy digging in, gentleman's agreement or not.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

True, big players have been sold for big cash eventually by Levy and the smart money is on that.

Man City will know what Levy wants for Kane, and ManC will have already worked out their bid strategy. The rest is pantomine

No excuses for Pep if he signs. I can just hear him saying the game against Norwich at home that they win 6:0 was "so, so hard"

On 02/08/2021 at 17:06, bris red said:

The England team will be built around Foden in the coming years and i think Grealish will get a proper look in as soon as he signs for City..

Wish I could agree but Southgate has always seemed very reluctant to play Grealish and even more reluctant to give him any praise whatsoever after all he does have to squeeze in his seven defenders when playing against the better teams

29 minutes ago, Midred said:

There will be some unhappy bunnies at Man. City now. Wonder how Foden's pay will compare to Grealish's?

Of course there won’t. I am sure Phil Foden is on an excellent contract - not as much as Grealish probably - but then not as much as KDB or, what Aguerro was on.

Players at a club don’t all get the same salary!

36 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Of course there won’t. I am sure Phil Foden is on an excellent contract - not as much as Grealish probably - but then not as much as KDB or, what Aguerro was on.

Players at a club don’t all get the same salary!

Exactly. Besides, Foden is 4 years younger. I have no doubt he'll be on the football inflation equivalent (or higher) by the time he's 25.

I am not usually that fussed about the Prem but I'm genuinely interested to see how Grealish gets on. I hope hope he is a starter there. 

On 05/08/2021 at 21:28, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly. Besides, Foden is 4 years younger. I have no doubt he'll be on the football inflation equivalent (or higher) by the time he's 25.

I am not usually that fussed about the Prem but I'm genuinely interested to see how Grealish gets on. I hope hope he is a starter there. 

Interested as well, funny that the rumours about drug/sleeping pill addiction have re-surfaced. Some bitter Villa fans or truth to it?

2 hours ago, Gazred said:

I note the wording "this summer". Not ruling a move in Jan then.

He’s hoping we can eventually move Wells on in the New Year, which he knows is the key to us bringing in a new striker, thereby enabling his dream move to City to be made then. :) 

On 03/08/2021 at 11:59, Greedo said:

Not sure. I think if it was all about the money then Kane could’ve moved way earlier in his career for a pay rise. He didn’t because he wanted to win trophies with Spurs. That’s not likely to happen anymore....

Why is that not likely to happen anymore? In the last two years Spurs has reached the champions league final and the league cup final ... they narrowly missed out on two trophies  ... and that prompted you to think they won’t ever win another trophy?! 

5 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

I have a funny feeling Kane has thought 'well we've won our opening two and beat Man City, maybe this is the year we really do something?'

Cue no trophies and desperately trying to leave again this time next year!

Think Levy is just pricing him out of a move

Archived