IGNORED

Ashton Gate concerts 2022/23

phantom

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Hearing strong rumours that The boss is very close to being signed for next year 

One of my bucket list to see him. Missed out on his last tour in 2013 so will be keeping an eye out for that one. My uncle's claim to fame is he got on stage at Villa Park and pecked him on the cheek ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Isn't he one of those people who plays and plays until he gets bored? Generally beyond the curfew time.

Definitely. We had the privilege of seeing him at Hammersmith in November 1975 in the two night  "Is the world ready for Bruce Springsteen " tour. He came on just after 8 and was still going strong at 11.15 when we had to leave to get the tube home.

The encore was around 30 minutes by then!

He disappeared for a year or two after that, presumably he wasn't ready.

Seen Springsteen and the E-Street band 12 times at various places all over the world and they are nothing short of exceptional. 

IF he does play AG - I would seriously suggest anyone who like live music to see him before it is too late.

And I for one would be rather excited to see Springsteen at the Gate. Doesn't get much better than that, aside from Chris Martin scoring a 97th minute Championship winning goal v Cardiff ? 

Edited by Sandhurst Red

20 hours ago, Midred said:

Definitely. We had the privilege of seeing him at Hammersmith in November 1975 in the two night  "Is the world ready for Bruce Springsteen " tour. He came on just after 8 and was still going strong at 11.15 when we had to leave to get the tube home.

The encore was around 30 minutes by then!

He disappeared for a year or two after that, presumably he wasn't ready.

Just read that between 1976 and 1978 ? he had problems with his management so this probably explains a lot.

On 27/05/2022 at 18:30, Roger Red Hat said:

Seen Springsteen a few times. Brilliant. Lets hope he comes to Bristol and he hasn't played here before so I reckon he will!

The trouble is if he does, with the normal traffic round Ashton, is that the highways going to be jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.

• Haha 1

When staying in Newport once, Springsteen was so bored he made a thermos of hot beverage and headed for the river. He drank several cups and realised he could write a song about the lack of any entertainment or fun in Wales and all he could do was drink several hot cups. Hence his song Fifth Tea, Severn Channel And There's Nothing On.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

When staying in Newport once, Springsteen was so bored he made a thermos of hot beverage and headed for the river. He drank several cups and realised he could write a song about the lack of any entertainment or fun in Wales and all he could do was drink several hot cups. Hence his song Fifth Tea, Severn Channel And There's Nothing On.

Wonder if he thought of jungle land if he stayed in the Port 

• The title was changed to Ashton Gate concerts 2022/23
1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not a band I have ever enjoyed, probably need to try and appreciate them a bit more.

Quite liked The Joshua Tree and Rattle and Hum, but never really listened to any of their other albums.

Early stuff was great not so much after that.