IGNORED

Podcasts

Rebounder

Edit - meant to post this in the politics forum. Ah well. 

Searched for a thread but couldn't see one yet so thought I'd start one. 

I am currently listening to the The Lazarus Podcast which looks at North Korea's attempt to steal $1 billon from Bangladesh. I'm only one episode in but it's fairly good.

Others that I've enjoyed are: 

British History Podcast - Produced by Jamie in America it's a pretty broad look into British History. Currently into 300 episodes and only just getting into 1066. It really encouraged me to look more into pre 800 British History so I owe it a lot. 

Revolutions Podcast - Produced by Mike Duncan who also did a Roman Podcast. The Haitian and Mexican Revolutions have been particularly great. 

BBC History Extra podcasts - I tend to listen to these on and off. Cover a wide range of subjects. Also History Hit get some good ones in but I can't stand Dan Snow. 

Football Based:

Tifo Football occasionally, OSIB of course, and Undr the Cosh though I found UTC a bit samey after a while. 

Realise some of those aren't political but I am always interested in finding more so thought I'd ask the fair minds of OTIB. 

Edited by Rebounder
  • Like 2

Good thread, there are so many these days the only way to find them seems to be wors of mouth.

I don't have any political ones in my list, and most of what I listen to is on BBC Sounds but I can recommend....

In Our Time - Classic History discussions on.... well just about any subject that happened before yesterday.

Two Colin Murray ones, an interview based one which was called At Home With, but has turned into Midnight Meets, some truly excellent interviews. The other is Blood on the Tracks a music discussion show.

Kermode and Mayo's Film Review, speaks for itself really.

Possibly the most well known, the Infinite Monkey Cage with Professor Brian Cox and Robin Ince.

I also like some of the fictional stuff like The Lovecraft Investigations and Cipher.

Always open to more though.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

If you like history podcasts then Dan Carlin's "Hardcore History" series is amazing.

They are VERY long episodes (6 hours per episode isn't uncommon!) but are so amazingly detailed.

I did the First World War series and, as you say, they are amazing. As you say, very very long though.

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

It was originally, but as the thread was about podcasts and nothing specifically political I moved it to here 

The first podcast is pretty political and I was particularly interested in what that section of the forum listen too, but fair enough. At least I didn't imagine it. :)

3 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

If you like history podcasts then Dan Carlin's "Hardcore History" series is amazing.

They are VERY long episodes (6 hours per episode isn't uncommon!) but are so amazingly detailed.

Yes like the Carlin ones too. His voice is very settling. I struggle with the episode length as I usually listen while going to sleep and lose my track. 

Edited by Rebounder
  • Like 1

I have been listening to the Tony Bellew is Angry Podcast. It's interviews with celebrities about what sets them off etc. It's hit and miss based on the interviewees, this weeks was really good though as it was Gary Lineker and he is always good value with the stories he tells.

I have to say that I really hate listening to the Sound of the City as a podcast, mainly because they don't edit it. It's a pain listening to news and traffic reports 4 or 5 days later, I know I could skip it, but I am often doing other things whilst listening so it's distracting.

After an excellent recommendation on here of Behind the Bastards, I'm looking for some new ones. Perhaps political, historical, sport, anything really. Thought it was worth a bump in case any new ones have popped up over previous months?

So far I've also quite liked The Race for F1, and a couple of UTC, but for the most part I'm still pretty clueless as to what's good. I've also heard Rory Stewart and Alistair Campbell have one, not sure how that is?

Any new tips?

36 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

After an excellent recommendation on here of Behind the Bastards, I'm looking for some new ones. Perhaps political, historical, sport, anything really. Thought it was worth a bump in case any new ones have popped up over previous months?

So far I've also quite liked The Race for F1, and a couple of UTC, but for the most part I'm still pretty clueless as to what's good. I've also heard Rory Stewart and Alistair Campbell have one, not sure how that is?

Any new tips?

Meghan Markle?