IGNORED

League Cup Draw

redpole

16 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Not the City v Rovers game I was expecting, but I'd love to go if it were possible. Wouldn't mind trying the vegan food there too ?

I can't stand vegan food, the chips were top notch last time I went there though.

Had some Lamb Lasagne in the clubhouse too - it was great and I imagine many of FGR's regulars are missing it.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I can't stand vegan food, the chips were top notch last time I went there though.

Had some Lamb Lasagne in the clubhouse too - it was great and I imagine many of FGR's regulars are missing it.

You obviously haven't eaten the right vegan food.....and i very much doubt that the FGR regular's are as blinkered as you obviously are? ? 

3 hours ago, maxjak said:

You obviously haven't eaten the right vegan food.....and i very much doubt that the FGR regular's are as blinkered as you obviously are? ? 

Blinkered? :laugh:

Nope, ordinary bloke and normal well balanced diet, just not one of the tiny minority of vegans.

27 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Nope, ordinary bloke and normal well balanced diet, just not one of the tiny minority of vegans.

I love a bit of vegan - as part of my healthy balanced diet. Just as with non-vegan food you have to work out what's good and what isn't. But the falafel and quinoa salad by my local vegan cafe is really top notch.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

I love a bit of vegan - as part of my healthy balanced diet. Just as with non-vegan food you have to work out what's good and what isn't. But the falafel and quinoa salad by my local vegan cafe is really top notch.

Yep, I've had falafal at St.Nicholas Market - it's OK occasionally if you're really hungry and there's a big queue everywhere else.

As with all sorts of food previously thought of as 'exotic' it has become more widely available and reasonably popular here.

I wouldn't call it vegan food though, any more than chips are.

7 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

14%  - 7.2 million of UK residents currently enjoy a meat  free diet.  So if 7.2  million is a tiny.figure?..........then the £8.0 million we paid Chelsea for Kalas was  a steal? ?

7 hours ago, maxjak said:

14%  - 7.2 million of UK residents currently enjoy a meat  free diet.  So if 7.2  million is a tiny.figure?..........then the £8.0 million we paid Chelsea for Kalas was  a steal? ?

We were discussing vegans, who are indeed a tiny minority.

If you're now talking vegetarians then even if your figure is correct and not exaggerated guesswork by either you or someone who has put figures elsewhere on the internet (I, for one, was not included in the huge countrywide poll that must have been conducted) then as the population is thought to be well over 70m that would still mean about 9 out of 10 enjoy regularly including meat in their diet.

Those 90% are not being catered for at FGR.

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

We were discussing vegans, who are indeed a tiny minority.

If you're now talking vegetarians then even if your figure is correct and not exaggerated guesswork by either you or someone who has put figures elsewhere on the internet (I, for one, was not included in the huge countrywide poll that must have been conducted) then as the population is thought to be well over 70m that would still mean about 9 out of 10 enjoy regularly including meat in their diet.

Those 90% are not being catered for at FGR.

Yawn!   ?   I think the fact that Vegans and vegetarians   are not catered for at the other 91 football league clubs, is more the question?  And if you cannot go 90 minutes without eating some dead animal............   well then, I suggest taking a sandwich?

14 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Yawn!   ?   I think the fact that Vegans and vegetarians   are not catered for at the other 91 football league clubs, is more the question?  And if you cannot go 90 minutes without eating some dead animal............   well then, I suggest taking a sandwich?

One thing I've noticed about the minute number of vegans I've met is they can't stop talking about it.

It's actually a very uninteresting subject for the vast majority of the population, including me, so having made my point about the dictatorial attitude of FGR's owner not catering for the vast majority, I'll happily leave it there.

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

One thing I've noticed about the minute number of vegans I've met is they can't stop talking about it.

It's actually a very uninteresting subject for the vast majority of the population, including me, so having made my point about the dictatorial attitude of FGR's owner not catering for the vast majority, I'll happily leave it there.

Doh!     Correct me if I am wrong.............but you initially broached the subject by stating  "I can't stand vegan food".....If you hadn't have hoisted your own insightful opinion on this forum, you would have heard nothing from me?

6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Doh!     Correct me if I am wrong.............but you initially broached the subject by stating  "I can't stand vegan food".....If you hadn't have hoisted your own insightful opinion on this forum, you would have heard nothing from me?

I'm sure you could talk about this all day (and probably do :whistle2:) but as I said above I've made my point and have nothing else to say on the subject.

21 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I wouldn't call it vegan food though, any more than chips are.

Mate. I hate to tell you but it literally is vegan food, as are chips if they're fried in veg oil. If you ate falafel and thought it was ok then maybe you're actually more open to some vegan stuff than you think. Personally I think the best in Bristol is the falafel king truck that used to be down on the waterfront.

I'm not vegan, I'll go to a steak house any day of the week. But I'm also very happy at the local vegan cafe, not least because they make the best coffee on island.

12 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Mate. I hate to tell you but it literally is vegan food, as are chips if they're fried in veg oil. If you ate falafel and thought it was ok then maybe you're actually more open to some vegan stuff than you think. Personally I think the best in Bristol is the falafel king truck that used to be down on the waterfront.

I'm not vegan, I'll go to a steak house any day of the week. But I'm also very happy at the local vegan cafe, not least because they make the best coffee on island.

Perhaps I should have said originally that I hate the thought of being dictated to to eat vegan food, or in the case of FGR, go hungry.

I don't consider falafal to be the sole preserve of vegans just because they are willing to eat it too.

Originated in the middle east I believe - I'm not sure veganism is particularly popular there.

10 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

ha ha true ,they cant shut up about it .

10 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'm sure you could talk about this all day (and probably do :whistle2:) but as I said above I've made my point and have nothing else to say on the subject.

Ah?.............So It'll be Nogbad the Bland then?  ?

21 hours ago, maxjak said:

11 hours ago, maxjak said:

So, first you demonstrate that when replying to @Nogbad the Bad you don’t know the difference between a vegetarian and a vegan and then you say vegans and vegetarians are not catered for at the other 91 football league clubs”  - so, this further demonstrates that you aren’t aware there are only 71 football league clubs apart from FGR and it also demonstrates that you aren’t even aware about what is going on regarding vegetarian catering etc at your own club - here’s some info on Bristol City’s vegetarian options ... https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/new-food-and-drink-offerings-at-ashton-gate/

On 25/06/2021 at 13:45, Nogbad the Bad said:

Everything cooked at FGR is Vegan.

The Lasagne is Quorn. The chips are vegan.

As a confirmed meat eater...the food at FGR for the ordinary fan, is by far the tastiest outside of hospitality that I've had at any ground. And tbh...better than many in hospitality including our own.

The pie made of Quorn actually tastes more meatier than a meat pie...topped with mashed potatoes and crispy fried onions...lovely.

It's a shame labels are put on such food intake.

Much of the world's intake is plant, fruit, herb and spice based. India, middle East, Africa, Asia, Mediterranean.

It's natural, tasty and healthy. Doesn't need a label.

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

Everything cooked at FGR is Vegan.

The Lasagne is Quorn. The chips are vegan.

As a confirmed meat eater...the food at FGR for the ordinary fan, is by far the tastiest outside of hospitality that I've had at any ground. And tbh...better than many in hospitality including our own.

The pie made of Quorn actually tastes more meatier than a meat pie...topped with mashed potatoes and crispy fried onions...lovely.

It's a shame labels are put on such food intake.

Much of the world's intake is plant, fruit, herb and spice based. India, middle East, Africa, Asia, Mediterranean.

It's natural, tasty and healthy. Doesn't need a label.

I wouldn't trust Quorn, very odd stuff which is dangerous to some people and is even banned in some countries.

Most Quorn products contain egg whites, so not suitable for vegans anyway. Also prepared Quorn meals tend to be high in fat or salt so not healthy in that  respect.

If you don't want to eat meat, fine (but don't go on about it all day) but why would you then need to eat something that looks like a sausage, or chicken, but isn't?

https://cspinet.org/tip/dangers-quorn-products-you-should-know

https://www.nutritionaction.com/daily/what-not-to-eat/dangers-quorn-products/

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I wouldn't trust Quorn, very odd stuff which is dangerous to some people and is even banned in some countries.

Most Quorn products contain egg whites, so not suitable for vegans anyway. Also prepared Quorn meals tend to be high in fat or salt so not healthy in that  respect.

If you don't want to eat meat, fine (but don't go on about it all day) but why would you then need to eat something that looks like a sausage, or chicken, but isn't?

I totally agree...I've never understood  vegan or vegetarians wanting to eat something that looks like meat. 

I guess it depends on the reasons they choose to go meat free.

I've personally found when eating out, that vegan/vegetarian meals tend to be better prepared with more care and more often than not tastier. Especially in this country.

Unless you are paying prime prices, meat and fish dishes tend to be very bland.

Of course there are exceptions...but in general it seems the case.

In countries where veg, fruits, nuts, seeds, pulses, spices are natural and in abundance it's just a normal way of living. Healthy and tasty.

We screwed up in the 70s when we started introducing pre made meals. It's gradually become the norm here.

No wonder obesity and health issues are such a problem here.

29 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Good job there's no adverse side-effects of eating red meat then. Just a wide variety of cancers and heart problems!

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Good job there's no adverse side-effects of eating red meat then. Just a wide variety of cancers and heart problems!

Enjoy your Quorn Kid, entirely your choice if you've decided you'd rather eat it than meat.

My interest in this conversation is about choice being denied to meat eaters at FGR.

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Only in processed red meat.

Red meat unprocessed, eaten in moderation, as part of a healthy balanced diet, is proven to have health benefits and neutral in health problems.

As soon as man gets his mitts on it, and makes it processed, then it becomes a problem.

Anything organic, that you can kill, pick or dig up will be good for us. Lot to be said for the caveman diet.

Trying to find it is half the problem.

World is just a toxic balloon. 

I remember a piece of heaven on earth at a remote beach on a remote Greek Island.

An old couple had a 'taverna' on the beach. Land behind had fruit, nuts, veg, herbs, a few chickens, cow, donkey, sheep, goats. A well. Solar panels and small generator. A small boat for fishing. Totally self sufficient.

You ate whatever had been caught, was in season from the small plot. Made a few £££s for other essentials. 

Imo...that's how we are meant to live.

Not working our bollox off to buy food in supermarkets.

Slightly off on a tangent...had a moment remembering normal times :laugh:

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

Red meat unprocessed, eaten in moderation, as part of a healthy balanced diet, is proven to have health benefits and neutral in health problems.

As soon as man gets his mitts on it, and makes it processed, then it becomes a problem.

Anything organic, that you can kill, pick or dig up will be good for us. Lot to be said for the caveman diet.

I remember a piece of heaven on earth at a remote beach on a remote Greek Island.

An old couple had a 'taverna' on the beach. Land behind had fruit, nuts, veg, herbs, a few chickens, cow, donkey, sheep, goats. A well. Solar panels and small generator. A small boat for fishing. Totally self sufficient.

You ate whatever had been caught, was in season from the small plot. Made a few £££s for other essentials. 

Sounds idyllic! And yes, I was being slightly facetious regards red meat. Organic, locally farmed fillet beef is one thing, petri dish grown chicken another! 

It's also true that some scientists do have concerns over ultra-processed foods such as Quorn, as our digestive systems struggle to digest the food properly. 

4 hours ago, spudski said:

Out of Interest, did they have SKY and BT Sport in their Taverna? 

Archived