IGNORED

League Cup Draw

redpole

11 hours ago, spudski said:

Only in processed red meat.

Red meat unprocessed, eaten in moderation, as part of a healthy balanced diet, is proven to have health benefits and neutral in health problems.

As soon as man gets his mitts on it, and makes it processed, then it becomes a problem.

Anything organic, that you can kill, pick or dig up will be good for us. Lot to be said for the caveman diet.

Trying to find it is half the problem.

World is just a toxic balloon. 

I remember a piece of heaven on earth at a remote beach on a remote Greek Island.

An old couple had a 'taverna' on the beach. Land behind had fruit, nuts, veg, herbs, a few chickens, cow, donkey, sheep, goats. A well. Solar panels and small generator. A small boat for fishing. Totally self sufficient.

You ate whatever had been caught, was in season from the small plot. Made a few £££s for other essentials. 

Imo...that's how we are meant to live.

Not working our bollox off to buy food in supermarkets.

Slightly off on a tangent...had a moment remembering normal times :laugh:

That will explain last season’s performances then. COYR 

On 26/06/2021 at 23:11, BS4 on Tour... said:

So, first you demonstrate that when replying to @Nogbad the Bad you don’t know the difference between a vegetarian and a vegan and then you say vegans and vegetarians are not catered for at the other 91 football league clubs”  - so, this further demonstrates that you aren’t aware there are only 71 football league clubs apart from FGR and it also demonstrates that you aren’t even aware about what is going on regarding vegetarian catering etc at your own club - here’s some info on Bristol City’s vegetarian options ... https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/new-food-and-drink-offerings-at-ashton-gate/

Pedant Alert.....You know EXACTLY what I was alluding to, I just happened to say Football League Clubs rather than Football Clubs.   I really cannot be bothered with people who are so petty minded. ?   Yes, so well done  Bristol City, I am so  impressed?            

On 27/06/2021 at 10:17, Nogbad the Bad said:

I wouldn't trust Quorn, very odd stuff which is dangerous to some people and is even banned in some countries.

Most Quorn products contain egg whites, so not suitable for vegans anyway. Also prepared Quorn meals tend to be high in fat or salt so not healthy in that  respect.

If you don't want to eat meat, fine (but don't go on about it all day) but why would you then need to eat something that looks like a sausage, or chicken, but isn't?

https://cspinet.org/tip/dangers-quorn-products-you-should-know

https://www.nutritionaction.com/daily/what-not-to-eat/dangers-quorn-products/

I wan't going to react to your opinion.............but i feel  you really need to  educate yourself.  I  suggest that the reason that people might eat something that looks like a sausage, but isn't, might have something to do with the E numbers  and  growth hormones contained within meat sausages.  Allied to the Nitrites,   Nitrates,  and preservatives that can lead to cancer causing compounds.  NOC"s and Haems which   are known to damage the cells lining the bowel,  also occur.        I might also mention the high fat and salt content, which is not recommended, for a healthy diet?

I don't know if you have noticed the news about the extreme heatwaves currently occurring in North America and Canada, which will become commonplace world wide if we continue to produce green house gases, factory scale meat production and deforestation, etc etc. The meat and dairy industries are large contributors to global warming.  I  will agree though, that it is the right thing to do, to throughly read all food labelling, as some products can be misleading, and it can only be a good thing to know exactly what you are eating.  Why is Quorn "odd stuff",  it's merely natural fungus?, and the majority of Quorn products use Potato or Tapioca starch as a binding agent, it's all on the label.    Bon Appetite! ?                                                            

Archived