IGNORED

Richard Gould's first interview as CEO

!james

2 hours ago, !james said:

Not posted on here for ages as really lost the motivation for city esprcially being away from the ground for so long but getting that buzz back now and cannot wait to get back down the gate a cheers us on through hopefully a successful season, i Thought it was refreshing to hear from him, no media trained mumbo jumbo, obvioulsy still early in his tenure but come across a genuine guy who wants to do well for city.

Think this will be one of the, if not THE, most important signings the club will make this summer.

A proper CEO that knows his stuff, can manage & market the club properly and is sensible and straight with expectations is worth his weight in gold. (Or should that be gould?) 

4 minutes ago, Nugget said:

1 or 2 over the line apparently 

Weiman and Simpson maybe.

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

Great interview and so refreshing. That is what you want in a CEO . Let's hope he and Nige work well together (I believe they will) . Just missing the head of recruitment now. 

So much more believable than the last knobjockey we had. 

A nice, gentle, unchallenging interview to break him in. Agree with the above poster, he's not as eloquent or polished as I expected after 10 years being CEO at Surrey.

Clearly, a nice guy. But then we already knew that.

Ultimately, he'll be judged on whether he can get good deals for the club over the line and how he manages the commercial side of things. 

Interested to see how he gets on. 

Of course the proof will be in the pudding, but what a difference.

No bullshit or corporate nonsense, just someone who comes across as a decent bloke & not looking at any point to say how great he is.

He joins at a very tough time, partly because of his predecessor but encouraged by that.

Liked the way he emphasised his role is to try & get what Pearson wants, no obvious ego at all.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

A nice, gentle, unchallenging interview to break him in. Agree with the above poster, he's not as eloquent or polished as I expected after 10 years being CEO at Surrey.

Ultimately, he'll be judged on whether he can get good deals for the club over the line and how he manages the commercial side of things. 

How was he not ‘eloquent’ just out of interest? And what difference does it make anyway to you how he speaks? Realise this may sound ‘challenging’ but it’s not meant to - genuinely interested.  

6 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

Not a gobshitte like Ashton but I can't say he is eloquent despite the posh accent.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Really?

Eloquent: Giving a clearstrong message.

I thought eloquent described his interview quite well.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Of course the proof will be in the pudding, but what a difference.

No bullshit or corporate nonsense, just someone who comes across as a decent bloke & not looking at any point to say how great he is.

He joins at a very tough time, partly because of his predecessor but encouraged by that.

Liked the way he emphasised his role is to try & get what Pearson wants, no obvious ego at all.

Sometimes just like a bad relationship, you don't realise quite how bad it was, until you're out the other side.

Onwards and upwards for the new season.

7 minutes ago, lenred said:

How was he not ‘eloquent’ just out of interest? And what difference does it make anyway to you how he speaks? Realise this may sound ‘challenging’ but it’s not meant to - genuinely interested.  

Well fundamentally he is a commercial CEO with a good deal of experience, so in that kind of position you expect someone to really know their stuff and be able to communicate very well. Personally I thought his phrasing and use of words was a little awkward at times. 

Maybe I'm nitpicking.  I've said before that I have concerns about his lack of experience in signing football players (to my knowledge he has none) so he's been chucked in at the deep end and needs to be given some time. 

Let's be honest, the main purpose of the interview was to blow smoke up the backsides of supporters and the loyalty they have shown over the past year and a bit, it did a good job in that regard!

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well fundamentally he is a commercial CEO with a good deal of experience, so in that kind of position you expect someone to really know their stuff and be able to communicate very well. Personally I thought his phrasing and use of words was a little awkward at times. 

Maybe I'm nitpicking.  I've said before that I have concerns about his lack of experience in signing football players (to my knowledge he has none) so he's been chucked in at the deep end and needs to be given some time. 

Let's be honest, the main purpose of the interview was to blow smoke up the backsides of supporters and the loyalty they have shown over the past year and a bit, it did a good job in that regard!

Maybe he's savvy and in touch with what's gone on before?  Realises we've had enough of the PC bullshit, and will communicate to us as we'd like. 

I'm pretty sure he will be able to hold his own in the boardroom.

I like this appointment, and hope things go well.

Refreshing change not to have to listen to sound bites, and drivel.  I got the feeling Nigel will get on fine with him.  They seem to talk the same message, and in my opinion they they seem very much like.  It now seems that the Club is getting round pegs for round holes, t, at present the futures looks bright, but we will see.  Looking forward with confidence

37 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He sounds exactly the same now as he did at school. Listening to him took me back a bit! Bloody hell, look at Gouldie!!!!

24 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Cheers for answering.  Understand he may have been a wee bit apprehensive as it’s his big introduction to the fanbase so to speak, but all in all thought it was clear and concise and just so refreshing from what we’ve become used to.  As for your other concerns on recruitment, again understandable in a way but think we have a great base from which to work on with NP guiding where necessary I presume and again with the clubs best interests at heart which it appears wasn’t the case previously.  Think so many of his skills from Surrey will be transferable and that will stand him in good overall stead.  

I enjoyed his dad playing for us, and enjoyed  the interview. He was open and gave me some fresh info, new players next week, new membership in July and working on a pre season friendly at the gate. With him and Nigel working together i have got a even better felling about next season.

Archived