IGNORED

Zach Clough

onlyotib

Move on. I doubt he ever thinks about us, why should we spare a second for him? How many years ago now was it? 

His career would still be the same if he joined us or not I reckon. Let's be real, he didn't miss out on anything by snubbing us. 

15 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Move on. I doubt he ever thinks about us, why should we spare a second for him? How many years ago now was it? 

His career would still be the same if he joined us or not I reckon. Let's be real, he didn't missed out on anything by snubbing us. 

Yes.

He's anyway being blamed for what his Dad said, IIRC "Bristol City? No chance."

I don't recall Zach ever saying anything negative about us.

23 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Yes.

He's anyway being blamed for what his Dad said, IIRC "Bristol City? No chance."

I don't recall Zach ever saying anything negative about us.

No, he just spilled the beans in a National newspaper making us look like a right bunch of mugs. Pretty much the final kick in the teeth for Cotts as well.

Still, they went down, we didn’t so **** him and his dad. Turned out to be a lucky escape for us. Funny how things turn out....

I’m not sure that there is anything to let go. He turned us/Steve Cotterill down, luckily for us, and his career has taken a nose dive. Taking the piss I think is perfectly acceptable! Its not as if there is anyone having sleepless nights over it……..? However if there is, GET OVER IT,!

1 hour ago, RedRoss said:

This is pathetic looking down on a person's career path because their dad had higher expectations than us.

Yeah, have to agree. There was a point when he was a really talented kid bursting onto scene at Bolton and its a massive shame he didn't fulfil his huge potential. He was a kid. His Dad was maybe a bit naiive when talking publicly and wanted the best for his very talented son. Hardly a capital offense. Joining us at the time is unlikely to have helped rekindle his career.

1 hour ago, Red white and red said:

A bit tin pot still going on about this. 

I disagree.......what is better than rubbing the little tykes nose in the dirt, and as a bonus, we get   his Dad as a target too?  It's human nature, and  football fans are just like the proverbial elephant, as they never forget, especially when their club has suffered a heinous insult?  ? ?      

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I disagree.......what is better than rubbing the little sniffers nose in the dirt, and as a bonus, we get   his Dad as a target too?  It's human nature,and  football fans are like the proverbial elephant, they never forget, especially when their club has suffered an heinous insult?  ? ?      

I think you need to see a shrink to cure you of this unreasonable hatred occasioned by the Clough snr and Jnr snub. Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you. That's why I think it will be a good idea for you to see the shrink and then tell me what they said. As it will then save me the bother of going ?

8 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I think you need to see a shrink to cure you of this unreasonable hatred occasioned by the Clough snr and Jnr snub. Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you. That's why I think it will be a good idea for you to see the shrink and then tell me what they said. As it will then save me the bother of going ?

I don't hate either of them..........I am just revelling in their misfortune. Thank you doctor ?

Maybe not the popular view but I feel a bit for him, and his Dad. Not every young player or their family is going to be media trained or incredibly diplomatic and these things said in the heat of the moment come back to haunt people.

He really looked at one point like he was going places but Forest were in disarray when he joined and I don't know whether it was that, the fact new managers didn't take to him or what it was but he's obviously not fulfilled his potential. I imagine there are sliding doors moments for any footballer but who knows what would have happened if he'd joined us. Maybe it would have done differently or maybe we'd have spent £3 million or whatever it was on a player that never fulfilled his potential anyway.

Either way, good luck to him at Carlisle and I hope he gets back on track. 

Archived