IGNORED

The most rumoured City XI

Mr X

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough, can’t remember us being linked with Ruddy after he was with us in 2007 - when were we linked with him after that? 

I remember a few windows under LJ when he wasn’t getting any game time at Wolves after they signed Patricio. Morseo than any other keeper I can recall so he makes the XI for me! ?

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You obviously weren’t at Deepdale at the end of that season when we were head to head with the Hornets for the right to be champions - McCarthy notched early on and we dared to dream ...

Yes; keeper kicked it out and the ball rebounded in off his rather large overweight derrier into the back of the net. Cue his usual tomfoolery celebration of doing a summersault and subsequently injuring his back in the process and having to be substituted early on with no striker on the bench, priceless.

We lost 2:1 and with it any chance of the title.

And yes, I was there.

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You obviously weren’t at Deepdale at the end of that season when we were head to head with the Hornets for the right to be champions - McCarthy notched early on and we dared to dream ...

Always remember 2 things about that;

Firstly his somersault after scoring, which probably caused a tidal wave somewhere in Japan.

Secondly that he lost his father that week & I thought the bloke is only on loan for goodness sake, he could quite easily have said I’m not playing but he still did so, he wasn’t great for us but that took some courage.

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I was there! We made a good start. Not saying he wasn't a trier, but his mobility was shot by the time we got him.

8 hours ago, Swede said:

Yes; keeper kicked it out and the ball rebounded in off his rather large overweight derrier into the back of the net. Cue his usual tomfoolery celebration of doing a summersault and subsequently injuring his back in the process and having to be substituted early on with no striker on the bench, priceless.

And yes, I was there.

Thanks for that, I thought I could recall the roly-poly after he scored, but couldn't remember him going off shortly after through injury. 

10 hours ago, Swede said:

And yes, I was there.

And they scored their winner pretty much straight from the kick off after our equaliser when we were still celebrating our goal. 

On 25/06/2021 at 00:29, Swede said:

And yes, I was there.

Well if you were there your memory is obviously playing tricks on you - the Preston keeper didn’t kick the ball against McCarthy and it didn’t rebound into the net off his ‘overweight derrier’ - Gary Owers put a ball through for Sean to chase, the PNE keeper came rushing out and tried to head the ball clear but missed it completely leaving McCarthy a free run in on goal with the ball at his feet ...

Archived