IGNORED

The most rumoured City XI

Mr X

18 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Always remember 2 things about that;

Firstly his somersault after scoring, which probably caused a tidal wave somewhere in Japan.

Secondly that he lost his father that week & I thought the bloke is only on loan for goodness sake, he could quite easily have said I’m not playing but he still did so, he wasn’t great for us but that took some courage.

Didn’t his Dad pass away during the night before the game? Huge courage for Sean to turn out for us after that

On 25/06/2021 at 00:29, Swede said:

Yes; keeper kicked it out and the ball rebounded in off his rather large overweight derrier into the back of the net. Cue his usual tomfoolery celebration of doing a summersault and subsequently injuring his back in the process and having to be substituted early on with no striker on the bench, priceless.

We lost 2:1 and with it any chance of the title.

And yes, I was there.

On 25/06/2021 at 09:34, RedEd73 said:

Thanks for that, I thought I could recall the roly-poly after he scored, but couldn't remember him going off shortly after through injury. 

“Thanks for that” ??!! @Swede got it absolutely 100% wrong about McCarthy’s goal so despite @Swede proclaiming “yes, I was there” he or she probably wasn’t there - and his or her’s ridiculing of McCarthy about his weight and goal celebration is pretty crass - especially as McCarthy’s father passed away during the night before that game - for a player on loan to us to even want to play for us in such an important game, after such a traumatic personal event, is just unbelievable

Archived