IGNORED

Only in Swindon

Mrdc

9 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Feel bad for Gilmartin, was a good step for his career, wonder if he may just come back as U23's assistant again

Why?

Seems to me he's had a charmed career.

Up until now perhaps, but they didn't have to resign just because the job looks tougher than they thought it might be.

• Like 1

The Swindon fan who posts here said that the common belief within their fanbase is that the owner is only hanging onto the club in order to get planning permission through on some land. Training ground maybe.

That would explain their dire position which is only going to keep costing the owner more money to cover the losses; and also those walk outs.

Dead club walking at present.

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

This does not sound good for STFC. Given they've been in admin before, at least twice AFAIK, can they go into it again?

It will be interesting to see what (non?) action the football authorities are considering taking.

9 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Their club is being ruined by a shit owner who doesn't seem to give a flying **** about the club or the fans. 

It makes me doubly grateful that we have a decent owner in charge of us at BS3.

STFC: we make Bristol Rovers fans feel good about their team.

Reading about their owner he has been in charge since 2015 so would be interested to find out if he has always been a terrible owner or if it has only turned out that way recently. Looks like he has got through a fair few managers over the years but that's not too unusual, reports say they have a chance of going bankrupt but not sure how accurate that is likewise the talks of a takeover.

If the manager, assistant and CEO are all out the door then I guess it's a mess that won't be sorted soon and another season of struggle is likely. With all of the ex football league clubs in the conference it is looking quite a stacked division (the top half at least) and who knows how close they will be to relegation by the end of the season. I know it won't be a completely popular opinion to have but I hope they get themselves out of the mess they're in.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Why?

Seems to me he's had a charmed career.

Up until now perhaps, but they didn't have to resign just because the job looks tougher than they thought it might be.

Glad somebody else has highlighted this, 113 total senior career appearences? One of the strangest professional careers I have ever seen. Personally thought he came across as a bluffer on Robins TV too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CosmosUK said:

Glad somebody else has highlighted this, 113 total senior career appearences? One of the strangest professional careers I have ever seen. Personally thought he came across as a bluffer on Robins TV too.

113 is a massive number…

Jose Mourinho only played 94 professional games as a player, obviously he couldn’t cut it for Robins TV, but overall the lack of games didn’t do him much harm?