IGNORED

Only in Swindon

Mrdc

4 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Their club is being ruined by a shit owner who doesn't seem to give a flying **** about the club or the fans. 

It makes me doubly grateful that we have a decent owner in charge of us at BS3.

Good post and spot on with what you have written. We have a crook in charge who dosen't give a sh*t about the club and will send us out of business before he sells up

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Good post and spot on with what you have written. We have a crook in charge who dosen't give a sh*t about the club and will send us out of business before he sells up

What do you think will happen as your a lot more informed on what’s happening than most of us , a lot of rumours that the corn guy has got full control now ?

13 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

What do you think will happen as your a lot more informed on what’s happening than most of us , a lot of rumours that the corn guy has got full control now ?

No idea at the moment as we thought he had sold his share but the problem is he has so much debt rumoured to be 13 million and court cases pending its hard to know. https://theswindonian.co.uk/sport/stfc/power-to-sell-club-to-clem-morfuni/?fbclid=IwAR3vLVkD3_GuOP_XdPODpbbIXU5XGWmc_FpOE3X5FQ9M60b0W_RspRjNEzE

t

Edited by Shaun Taylor
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Why?

Seems to me he's had a charmed career.

Up until now perhaps, but they didn't have to resign just because the job looks tougher than they thought it might be.

I would be interested why you think he has a charmed career.  It seems out of context of the thread

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BCFC1959 said:

I would be interested why you think he has a charmed career.  It seems out of context of the thread

Please refer to previous Gilmartin threads, it's all there.

In the context of this thread I was replying to a couple of posters who for some reason 'feel sorry for him'.

I don't.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

But still a fantastic achievement and can never be taken away 

It was indeed a fantastic achievement - and the FA had to rush through some emergency rules to prevent you lot from playing in Europe to allow Arsenal to play instead. 
The Italians thought that was unfair and launched the Anglo-Italian cup as a result - which the Italians took seriously but the English didn’t. 
If I remember correctly, in one game Swindon were beating Napoli 3-0 and the game had to be abandoned because the Italians rioted and destroyed their own stadium…?!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

It was indeed a fantastic achievement - and the FA had to rush through some emergency rules to prevent you lot from playing in Europe to allow Arsenal to play instead. 
The Italians thought that was unfair and launched the Anglo-Italian cup as a result - which the Italians took seriously but the English didn’t. 
If I remember correctly, in one game Swindon were beating Napoli 3-0 and the game had to be abandoned because the Italians rioted and destroyed their own stadium…?!!!

I. Was too young to remember 1969 /70 but that was the days when football was a level playing field financially  and even in the old division 3 we were getting over 20000 for league games as football had really taken off around the country. 

Many thanks for the recognition as beating the mighty Arsenal in front of 100.000 at Wembley was no mean feat and sadly our of reach for most of us teams nowadays 

• Like 2

Fair play, the Napoli fans rioted and set their stadium on fire (bit more interesting than the BK fire). 50,000+ crowd for the game and Swindon also played at Roma with a similar crowd, also beat Juve and Sampdoria home and away. Not a bad record against the Italians to be fair.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Fair play, the Napoli fans rioted and set their stadium on fire (bit more interesting than the BK fire). 50,000+ crowd for the game and Swindon also played at Roma with a similar crowd, also beat Juve and Sampdoria home and away. Not a bad record against the Italians to be fair.

10 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Many thanks for sharing that's the first time I have seen that footage and much appreciated.

20 hours ago, CosmosUK said:

Glad somebody else has highlighted this, 113 total senior career appearences? One of the strangest professional careers I have ever seen. Personally thought he came across as a bluffer on Robins TV too.

26 games since 2014. All for Colchester.

He doesn't seem to have been first-choice keeper at any of the 10 clubs that signed him during a 16-year professional career.

19 hours ago, Leveller said:

It’s difficult to mourn the loss of one of the thousands of junk food outlets. Good riddance.

Well, fast food (as per anything) is fine in moderation so I don’t hate on them.

that’s still someone’s business and more importantly there were people in the restaurant at the time the fire happened.