IGNORED

Only in Swindon

Mrdc

20 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

XTC are all Swindon.

But yes, as @Shaun Taylor says there is no basis for Swindon becoming a city.

Nope! First 2 albums had Barry Andrews, from London, in the band. He left and was replaced by Dave Gregory just in time for Drums And Wires. Making Plans For Nigel is on Side 1. 

4 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Nope! First 2 albums had Barry Andrews, from London, in the band. He left and was replaced by Dave Gregory just in time for Drums And Wires. Making Plans For Nigel is on Side 1. 

Well yes technically.  Though he had been living in Swindon for a few years prior to his joining XTC.

Jonathon Perkins was on keyboards prior to Barry Andrews; I saw his band Miss World at The Marquee in the early 90s and they were excellent.  There is very little of them recorded with this the most representative of their live act.

This was a great song and they did an excellent cover of What a Wonderful World.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 26/06/2021 at 16:49, Shaun Taylor said:

Yes well spotted! re-sign ?

And then immediately resign?

Wonder if you can lay a bet on that?

On 27/06/2021 at 10:29, Eddie Hitler said:

The birthplace of GWR, XTC is from there. Um, can't think of anything else.

Melinda Messenger

4 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Not surprised it's a shit show, they can't even get their badge right......................I mean WHY would a tank engine have a tender ?:shocking:

I’m surprised @Never to the dark side hadn’t commented on that 

Edit - he has, 4 minutes before I posted this 

Edited by pongo88

5 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I'll still support them though and it's better to have history than be like a MK Plastic or even a Gas!

And so you should mate, you've won the league Cup been in the Premier league. You played some good stuff back in the day under macarri, ossie and hoddle.

1 minute ago, Elruliri said:

And so you should mate, you've won the league Cup been in the Premier league. You played some good stuff back in the day under macarri, ossie and hoddle.

First and foremost most of all I'm a football supporter who doesn't want to see any club fold and have supported them since the mid 70's so they've been a large part of my life. I've been to numerous Swindon v Bristol City games both home and away and love the rivalry, banter and Derby experience and have had many good days at Ashton Gate when you were in the old league one 76-80. 

I get why many would want us out of the football league but I'm sure many older BCFC fans have their own memories and stories to tell after games against us as there's always been an edge without the hostility of say a Cardiff City. 

• Like 6