IGNORED

Only in Swindon

Mrdc

52 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

We have no players so fielded mainly youth and a couple of trialist. Also a couple of pros refuse to train as they haven't been paid 

I’m feeling for you ST ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

We have no players so fielded mainly youth and a couple of trialist. Also a couple of pros refuse to train as they haven't been paid 

Presumably that's what they fielded at Melksham Town too which I understand ended in a 0-0 draw. Forest Green fielded two separate team for each half against Melksham and won 6-0. 

8 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Presumably that's what they fielded at Melksham Town too which I understand ended in a 0-0 draw. Forest Green fielded two separate team for each half against Melksham and won 6-0. 

Exactly that, Pittman & Payne are refusing to train with the club as they haven't been paid for ages and which leaves us with a couple 3-4 outfield players, your ex goalkeeper, youth players and a couple of trialist

2 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Exactly that, Pittman & Payne are refusing to train with the club as they haven't been paid for ages and which leaves us with a couple 3-4 outfield players, your ex goalkeeper, youth players and a couple of trialist

got to say dude, I hate Swindon as much as any other city fan but feel sorry for you, you sound like one of the rare decent Swindon supporters

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Red Cloud said:

got to say dude, I hate Swindon as much as any other city fan but feel sorry for you, you sound like one of the rare decent Swindon supporters

We're not all bad and there are some decent fans who enjoy the friendly banter without being hostile.

I'm Swindon through and through for the last 45 years so won't desert them now and watching many Derby games between us over that period I can't help be envious on what you've now got in place and really miss the atmosphere of playing City and who knows if we're ever play you again the way things are going.

Edited by Shaun Taylor
  • Like 4
  • Robin 2

16 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

We're not all bad and there are some decent fans who enjoy the friendly banter without being hostile.

I'm Swindon through and through for the last 45 years so won't desert them now and watching many Derby games between us over that period I can't help be envious on what you've now got in place and really miss the atmosphere of playing City and who knows if we're ever play you again the way things are going.

?

I live in Swindon, 24 years now but been a City fan for, well, ever. I used to have a Bristol City flag in my works van and collect materials from building merchants where the staff were proper obnoxious Swindon fans. It’s a shame to see any club go supernova but I don’t feel sorry for the fans. Balls to them.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

On 15/07/2021 at 08:51, Bcfc3660 said:

I live in Swindon, 24 years now but been a City fan for, well, ever. I used to have a Bristol City flag in my works van and collect materials from building merchants where the staff were proper obnoxious Swindon fans. It’s a shame to see any club go supernova but I don’t feel sorry for the fans. Balls to them.

You make the common mistake of treating everybody in a disparate group of people as if they are all the same. Judge individuals, not groups or nationalities or races.*

*Except caravan owners, obviously.

• Thanks 2

On 14/07/2021 at 21:05, Shaun Taylor said:

Dry yer eyes mate. ?

4 hours ago, Leveller said:

You make the common mistake of treating everybody in a disparate group of people as if they are all the same. Judge individuals, not groups or nationalities or races.*

*Except caravan owners, obviously.

Well said and some of us actually decent human beings who weren't just born into a different football club but some of the abuse received is beyond belief but that's football fans for you.

My Grandad was Swindon regular (and went to Wembley) until he was struck down by a Stroke, so I've always had a soft spot for them, at least while we're above them in the league. I'm glad he isnt around to see this shambles, he did live long enough for the Premier League season. It looks like the Wigan situation at the beginning of last season and they pulled through eventually but they had the safety cushion of League 2. Sadly though it looks like there is one club that the Gas are certain to finish above this season

I  was actually at their last game in the Premier League, in the away end with a couple of Leeds mates. It finished 0-5 to Leeds and we had a stroll around the pitch afterwards.

• Thanks 1

I can never understand why some owners are quite content to burn the house down while they're standing in it?

It's not as if Power will come out of it with anything worthwhile. The club rent the ground and seemingly have nothing else of worth to make money from.

All he's managed to do is cripple a club and the bin it. Not exactly a sound business model that's likely to encourage future business partners to have faith in you.

Sounds like they'd be better off starting from scratch.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

My Grandad was Swindon regular (and went to Wembley) until he was struck down by a Stroke, so I've always had a soft spot for them, at least while we're above them in the league. I'm glad he isnt around to see this shambles, he did live long enough for the Premier League season. It looks like the Wigan situation at the beginning of last season and they pulled through eventually but they had the safety cushion of League 2. Sadly though it looks like there is one club that the Gas are certain to finish above this season

I  was actually at their last game in the Premier League, in the away end with a couple of Leeds mates. It finished 0-5 to Leeds and we had a stroll around the pitch afterwards.

Great story and memories regarding your Grandad and so nice that he was able to see us in the premiership.

i don't get the hatred thing just because we're 40 miles apart and for me it's quite the opposite as I've had many good times in Bristol but sadly the society we live in if I was wearing a STFC shirt I would probably get my head punched in.

2 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I can never understand why some owners are quite content to burn the house down while they're standing in it?

It's not as if Power will come out of it with anything worthwhile. The club rent the ground and seemingly have nothing else of worth to make money from.

All he's managed to do is cripple a club and the bin it. Not exactly a sound business model that's likely to encourage future business partners to have faith in you.

Sounds like they'd be better off starting from scratch.

We were warned about his past before he took over but at the time there was no alternative so we fell for his charm!

3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Any football fan who celebrates (or even doesn’t care about) other fans going through something that Swindon fans are going through is pretty pathetic in my eyes. Wouldn’t want any club to go bankrupt 

Totally agree, and we should know better after what nearly happened in 82 ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1