IGNORED

Starting 11 if the season was to start tomorrow

joshbristol

Think that as Pearson wants 5 & has only signed 1 so far, there is every chance we have at least 2 certain starters yet to join.

If King is one of the 5 he seems the least likely starter, if we do bring in 2 CBs one of those will do very well to dislodge Kalas.

I’d go;

Bentley

Vyner Kalas Signing Dasilva 

James Williams Massengo

Weimann Signing Wells

Cannot believe how the sun is affecting the meories of last season. Wells was, rightly the butt of most jokes mpost weeks and suddenly some people are putting him in to a transformed 11. Remarkable, truly incredible - or a lowering of expectations or, perhpas a hope there is a player in there somewhere?

5 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Bentley 

Simpson Vyner Kalas Dasilva

Williams James

Wiemann Massengo Semenyo

Wells

This was about what I came up with on a piece of paper yesterday. Not sure if with the current squad it's better to go 433 as others have. 

It's Semenyo on the left I don't love. Honestly I was half thinking could we push either Pring or Dasilva forward and turn them into an inside forward...I suspect no as Dasilva has been pretty limited in his end product. I really don't know about Pring though.

4 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Cannot believe how the sun is affecting the meories of last season. Wells was, rightly the butt of most jokes mpost weeks and suddenly some people are putting him in to a transformed 11. Remarkable, truly incredible - or a lowering of expectations or, perhpas a hope there is a player in there somewhere?

In the current squad though, he's about the best CF we have. In an ideal world I'd not have him (I didn't want us to sign him in the first place), but to answer the OP's question, I think he gets in the first XI right at this moment.

26 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I’d go;

Bentley

James Williams Massengo

Weimann Signing Wells

Which highlights, for me, the lack of a left footed CB. We really need a quality LCB, so if Atkinson is that man then hope we push out the boat to sign him. Even if we do, we are short of natural LCBs for cover 

43 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think that as Pearson wants 5 & has only signed 1 so far, there is every chance we have at least 2 certain starters yet to join.

If King is one of the 5 he seems the least likely starter, if we do bring in 2 CBs one of those will do very well to dislodge Kalas.

I’d go;

Bentley

James Williams Massengo

Weimann Signing Wells

Have City actually won a game with Massengo in the midfield? 

9 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Which highlights, for me, the lack of a left footed CB. We really need a quality LCB, so if Atkinson is that man then hope we push out the boat to sign him. Even if we do, we are short of natural LCBs for cover 

Kalas has played on the the left in every game at the Euros..

9 hours ago, ORANGE500 said:

Have City actually won a game with Massengo in the midfield? 

What a truly bizarre post.

Massengo has started 41 games for us, we won on his full debut (at Derby where he was outstanding), the next away game (Hull), then the one after that (Stoke) then at home to Reading & to Charlton (that memorable Brownhill last minute winner).

We are only up to October of his first season with us so far & that’s 5 wins, but if you want me to carry on listing all of them let me know.

Absolutely clueless.

12 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Wells is a goal scorer who got no service and/or got shoved out on the left wing. He’d be fine in a decent team.

9 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I really did not like Weimann wide right under LJ. If he is wide right under Nige then I hope  Nige knows how to get more out of him in that position.

He used to drift in to a central position offering no width, not sure if thats his natural game or instructions..

8 hours ago, Leveller said:

Wells is a goal scorer who got no service and/or got shoved out on the left wing. He’d be fine in a decent team.

True, but I think NP prefers more of a target man up front..

For me Weimann and Nagy would be in the starting eleven. The new rb Im not sure about, what Ive seen on him he is not better than Hunt. Hunt better with the ball and better going forward. Dasilva as leftback dont give me confidence , ok good with the ball but defensive a ? Rather prefer an old fashioned naughty lb. Hope Im wrong. COYR!!!

I hope none of those formations start, but if we were to start  from the existing group I would expect NP to select the most experienced from those available.

Bentley

Simpson Kalas Vyner Dasilva

Weimann James Williams COD

Martin Wells

Subs

O’Leary, Massengo, Nagy, Semenyo, Towler, Bell, Bakinson.

0-0

With the players we have right now and taking into account one of NP’s preferred systems, I’d go:

4-2-3-1: Bentley; Simpson, Cundy, Kalas, Dasilva; James (c), Williams, O’Dowda, Scott, Semenyo; Wells. 

Obviously we’re after 2 x CB, 1 x CM, 1 x CF, so Cundy, Scott and Wells would all be vulnerable in my XI.

On 26/06/2021 at 05:08, joshbristol said:

Bents 

Simpson kalas cundy Dasilva 

Williams James Bakinson 

weimann       Martin        Wells 

How about this one ?

Cashley,

Drysdale Collier Merrick Sweeney 

Gillies Tainton mann

Whitehead Cheesley Ritchie.

Yes I know I have had a few red wines and OZ is about to go in lock down with borders closing internally and the travel bubble with the Kiwi,s.

Keep safe everyone and come on you redsss

On 25/06/2021 at 22:38, Banned User said:

Bentley 

Simpson Vyner Kalas Dasilva

Williams James

Wiemann Massengo Semenyo

Wells

Just looking at that midfield and the likes of Nagy and Bakinson in behind them, I think we need a ball carrying midfielder.

Maybe Matty James could be that player? But I’m not sure.

Archived