IGNORED

10 German bombers

Robin-hugh-blind

England fans signing this at Wembley are going to be banned.

My view, sod that! Sing it louder than ever. 

Lest we forget!

This is a reminder of a horrible war but why try and erase history. Make sure it never happens again by remembering. 

For those who say it's political, its not. It's a matter of fact. There were German bombers, the RAF did shoot them down. This isn't a view or opinion. 

What the **** are you talking about?  Being told not to sing it is not trying to erase history. Singing a chant about WW2 at a football match just because we're playing the Germans is ******* tin pot. Time and place - that chant doesn't pay any form of respect. It's meant to antagonise opposition fans (the vast majority of which I'm sure are hugely ashamed of their countries history). This is intended not to pay respect but try to stir up trouble. 

Lest we forget??? Chanting that at a football match does not show respect to the memory of the heros and innocent victims (on boths sides) of WW2. 

This is right up there with The Sun/Dailymail sensationalist headlines that will probably reference the Hun/ dad's army at some point.

23 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

What the **** are you talking about?  Being told not to sing it is not trying to erase history. Singing a chant about WW2 at a football match just because we're playing the Germans is ******* tin pot. Time and place - that chant doesn't pay any form of respect. It's meant to antagonise opposition fans (the vast majority of which I'm sure are hugely ashamed of their countries history). This is intended not to pay respect but try to stir up trouble. 

Lest we forget??? Chanting that at a football match does not show respect to the memory of the heros and innocent victims (on boths sides) of WW2. 

This is right up there with The Sun/Dailymail sensationalist headlines that will probably reference the Hun/ dad's army at some point.

Thank you @Loco Rojo

I worked in UK for a German company. Best employer I ever had. My German boss, born ten years after the war, was deeply ashamed of what his country had done during the Hitler regime and so were many others I met in the company.

IMO, utterly wrong that we have morons who are no better than the scum they are referring to.

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Thank you @Loco Rojo

I worked in UK for a German company. Best employer I ever had. My German boss, born ten years after the war, was deeply ashamed of what his country had done during the Hitler regime and so were many others I met in the company.

IMO, utterly wrong that we have morons who are no better than the scum they are referring to.

Most of them wouldn't even know the dates of world war 2,

Really England fans lording over German fans is like rovers fans lording over city fans....

6 hours ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

For those who say it's political, its not.

Well the England players have explained that their taking of the knee is not a political gesture, which of course it is not. 

Yet they have been assured it is political, presumably by the same types who are insisting the German bombers song isn't. Confusing or what?! 

Lest we forget!

This is a reminder of a horrible war but why try and erase history. Make sure it never happens again by remembering. 

For those who say it's political, its not. It's a matter of fact. There were German bombers, the RAF did shoot them down. This isn't a view or opinion. 

Try not to post when drunk. 

Lest we forget!

Ah the most respect to those that fought. Especially done to the tune of "She'll be coming round the mountain". Such an emotive tune to get the hairs on the back of your neck up...

41 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Most of them wouldn't even know the dates of world war 2,

Really England fans lording over German fans is like rovers fans lording over city fans....

WWII ran from 1 September 1939 until 15 March 1991 when the final settlement with Germany became effective.

Treaty on the Final Settlement with Respect to Germany

Type Independence treaty / Peace treaty
Drafted 13 February 1990
Signed 12 September 1990
Location Moscow, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
Effective 15 March 1991
Signatories Two

Four

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_on_the_Final_Settlement_with_Respect_to_Germany

27 minutes ago, mozo said:

Anyone that sings that chant is a ******* moron

Don’t worry, they’ll then follow it up with “no surrender to the IRA”, though they would struggle to find Northern Ireland on a map even if it was pointed out to them & think the Good Friday Agreement is to do with Easter Eggs.

Pond life.

Singing this chant is disrespectful to all of our grandparents and great grandparents that fought in the war (or indeed were at home). Trivializing the horror and trauma that they want through in the name of football banter is shameful. If you want to commemorate them read a book about the wars and learn more about it.

Just now, Wiltshire robin said:

Obviously never been away with England as everyone sings it . The Germans find it funny banter and aren’t offended by it so don’t see the problem

See my post above. We're the wars funny?!

7 hours ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Lest we forget!

There were British bombers too, killing civilians in Dresden and Berliner particular.  Quite a few of those were shot down.  I’m afraid that both sides were guilty of the indiscriminate bombing of civilian areas.

You do wonder what goes through these peoples 'brains'.

My father was evacuated from the beach at Dunkirk and saw his best mate shot dead right next to him. Like most of that generation who saw action he never wanted to talk about the war.

Lest we forget? This is exactly the opposite of that. If you want to pay your respects go down to the centre on Rembrance Day and be silent for a couple of minutes.

2 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Might be tinpot, I’d agree with you there.

Is it a banning offence? Is it worse than calling Mueller a ****? Who’s making that decision?

8 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

There were British bombers too, killing civilians in Dresden and Berliner particular.  Quite a few of those were shot down.  I’m afraid that both sides were guilty of the indiscriminate bombing of civilian areas.

WW2 was a tragedy.....

But a war we HAD to fight and to prevail...

The die was cast &  the cost was always set to be heartbreaking.

Germany 'moving on' in many ways better than ourselves is another story...

To the victor not always the spoils.

4 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

I happened to cycle past a pub yesterday where people were signing this loudly and it just sounded so cringey, why can’t England fans sing something that’s positive like the welsh and scots fans seem to manage to 

Like the welsh and scots do? Deary me!

Yoy must lead a sheltered life if you’ve not heard the horrible bigoted nonsense them and the Irish chant.

Of course, it’s all largely ignored.

18 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Agreed.

What a shame the Germans started a catastrophic world war and had to be stopped at all costs by the Allies, before their genocide and conquest destroyed the free world 

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

WWII ran from 1 September 1939 until 15 March 1991 when the final settlement with Germany became effective.

Treaty on the Final Settlement with Respect to Germany

Type Independence treaty / Peace treaty
Drafted 13 February 1990
Signed 12 September 1990
Location Moscow, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
Effective 15 March 1991
Signatories Two

Four

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_on_the_Final_Settlement_with_Respect_to_Germany

Did you sneakily get the 1966 world cup result into your informative post by any chance ;)

11 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

WW2 was a tragedy.....

But a war we HAD to fight and to prevail...

The die was cast &  the cost was always set to be heartbreaking.

Germany 'moving on' in many ways better than ourselves is another story...

To the victor not always the spoils.

The Allies won the war, but the Germans won the peace.

Not to make light of this , but if a fan is caught singing at the game and asked for his name by a steward, would one of his mates shout out “ don’t tell him Pike”? 

Archived