IGNORED

10 German bombers

Robin-hugh-blind

12 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No it doesn't.

It suggests nothing more than singing songs - 'distasteful' is subjective, of course, and it is the Guardian after all - and the fairly traditional booing of the other team's anthem.

Nothing that should lead to a ban - the England fans were banned for singing 10 German Bombers, simple as that, unless evidence of truly 'bad behaviour' is forthcoming. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/40179670.amp

like giving nazi salutes and imitating Hitler? 

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

So we've gone from the fans just being banned for 10 GBs to them being banned for that song, other (unspecified) songs, booing the German anthem and giving Nazi salutes.

Not quite the picture Nogbad and Cowshed were painting.....

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Where did he say he wanted them banned?

Did I say he did?

He's suggested the bans were probably imposed not just for singing 10 German Bombers but because there was booing too.

As if that was 'other bad behaviour' that may justify a ban.

9 minutes ago, lenred said:

Yep, well that is 'evidence of truly bad behaviour' so I'm totally in favour of the bans imposed on those 2.

Very different to fans being banned for singing 10 German Bombers though afaic.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Did I say he did?

He's suggested the bans were probably imposed not just for singing 10 German Bombers but because there was booing too.

As if that was 'other bad behaviour' that may justify a ban.

I can't remember anyone on this very long thread calling for fans to be banned.

The only debate is between those who think the song is tinpot and disrespectful and those who think it's part of "football culture" and Wembley will somehow be the poorer if people don't sing it. 

25 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No it doesn't.

It suggests nothing more than singing songs - 'distasteful' is subjective, of course, and it is the Guardian after all - and the fairly traditional booing of the other team's anthem.

Independent, but I understand your point.

8 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

So we've gone from the fans just being banned for 10 GBs to them being banned for that song, other (unspecified) songs, booing the German anthem and giving Nazi salutes.

Not quite the picture Nogbad and Cowshed were painting.....

Indeed.  Nazi salutes, imitating Hitler (presumably intimating that Germans still somehow relate closely to him) and that old favourite, the throat slitting gesture.  Just a touch more than singing along to the tune of 10 GBs.  Ooops……tbh whilst booing the anthem is just dull and embarrassing behaviour and I’ve been subjected to the throat slitting gesture many times (remember the first time v Millwall when I was about 11!) I don’t find them particularly ‘offensive’ just sad as ***k.  Nazi salutes and imitating Hitler on the other hand……

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

I can't remember anyone on this very long thread calling for fans to be banned.

The only debate is between those who think the song is tinpot and disrespectful and those who think it's part of "football culture" and Wembley will somehow be the poorer if people don't sing it. 

Tbh, Robbo, I very rarely fall into the temptation of joining in with these absolutely shitty threads and I'm going to just stop right here.

Who cares what you or I think, society and football will move where it will.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

3 hours ago, big dosser said:

Sung by bellsniffs strutting around like peacocks clad in stone island

or 

not sung by boring politics stiffs who shop at peacocks because they cant afford stone island?

Not at all. Just my opinion that’s it’s cringey. I am 50 and am grown up  got grown up kids , wont find a more patriotic Englishman than me but that song is outdated nowadays. My opinion anyway. Don’t shop in peacocks either, wear Fred  Perry , Ben Sherman, timberland jackets , puma suedes on my feet. Never been a fan of stone island , Cp etc. I can knock someone out naked don’t matter what I am wearing ?

11 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

As if that was 'other bad behaviour' that may justify a ban.

Well yes, because that's what your article said. It was you that tried to misrepresent it as being over just one song.

I never suggested it justified a ban. 

There seems to be quite the theme of you making things up to support an argument that only exists in your own head.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Tbh, Robbo, I very rarely fall into the temptation of joining in with these absolutely shitty threads and I'm going to just stop right here.

Who cares what you or I think, society and football will move where it will.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

I was going to say similar.  

"Culture Wars". And we both got sucked into them.

I'm deserting...;)

2 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Well yes, because that's what your article said. It was you that tried to misrepresent it as being over just one song.

I never suggested it justified a ban. 

There seems to be quite the theme of you making things up to support an argument that only exists in your own head.

You Sir, are a crashing bore.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day though. 

2 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Not at all. Just my opinion that’s it’s cringey. I am 50 and am grown up  got grown up kids , wont find a more patriotic Englishman than me but that song is outdated nowadays. My opinion anyway. Don’t shop in peacocks either, wear Fred  Perry , Ben Sherman, timberland jackets , puma suedes on my feet. Never been a fan of stone island , Cp etc. I can knock someone out naked don’t matter what I am wearing ?

Love it ?.

Theres a serious point in your thread though and it’s one that the right wing leaning folk especially just don’t get and that is that most of us who can’t stand the twattish behaviour of some fans are still as patriotic as they claim to be. Just because I don’t agree with the wanky songs that some sing about WW2, Eire, etc doesn’t mean I don’t love my country and have spent shitloads of money watching them across many sports including breaking the bank to get to Moscow to watch the semis in 2018. 

1 minute ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

can you tell where to buy pumps these days

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You Sir, are a crashing bore.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day though. 

Again with the insults. It's not my fault that you (accidentally or deliberately) misrepresented why England fans were banned and then got upset when the real reasons were pointed out to you.

A normal person would hold their hands up, not continue with made up accusations and insults. 

Have a lovely evening.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Oh my God, not booing. Ban them!!

Why not just leave it BS2, you like to comment on everything but you don't seem to have a point to make here and you're certainly not adding anything interesting.

singing songs, booing and whistling on a Tuesday all banning offences now.

On 26/06/2021 at 02:05, cidered abroad said:

Thank you @Loco Rojo

I worked in UK for a German company. Best employer I ever had. My German boss, born ten years after the war, was deeply ashamed of what his country had done during the Hitler regime and so were many others I met in the company.

IMO, utterly wrong that we have morons who are no better than the scum they are referring to.

I’m not sure that singing a song makes anybody “no better” than genocidal fanatics that killed millions of Jews Slavs, and Polish civilians and British, American and commonwealth soldiers among others. 

However I’m very much in the get over it camp. Which is what I say often to yanks giving me shit around July 4th. 

I guess jingoism has a long shelf life!  

5 minutes ago, reddoh said:

they were what you call daps or probably trainers these days guess its down to the area you grew up in ?

Pumps and plimsolls are by far the most popular choices, making up a massive 97% of responses. Pumps is more widespread throughout the UK, but shows clear prominence in the North, whereas plimsolls is favoured in the South. Daps is an interesting lexical choice, as it shows a very specific concentration in the South West (including the southern coastline of Wales). Bristol and Cardiff, on either side of the Bristol Channel, seem to be two hot spots for this word. This likely stems from the fact that the Dunlop Athletic Plimsoles (DAP) factory was based in Bristol; it’s possible that the general term daps emerged from this brand name.
https://www.ourdialects.uk/maps/footwear/

1 minute ago, BS2 Red said:

Again with the insults. It's not my fault that you (accidentally or deliberately) misrepresented why England fans were banned and then got upset when the real reasons were pointed out to you.

A normal person would hold their hands up, not continue with made up accusations and insults. 

Have a lovely evening.

Very last word from me.

I didn't misrepresent anything and it's typical of your posting style to try and twist things and deflect by insisting I did.

Yes, sorry to say I do find you a crashing bore, not just on this thread, but just about every thread where you contribute - it's an inescapable conclusion based on your forum persona, but maybe you're different in real life.

Be interesting to see your thoughts on City some day - 99% of your posts seem to be on other matters.

I will have a lovely evening. Thanks.

Is there a culture war going on yes. Have England fans been banned for singing ten german bombers yes. Are the FA warning people not to sing it at wembley or they will be banned yes. It is cheap to get to a lot of England away games yes. are some of these lads posting on this thread yes. was red robbo wrong 110% he was. will red robbo ever admit to being caught right out or as he calls it talking shit never!!

1 minute ago, Three Lions said:

Is there a culture war going on yes. Have England fans been banned for singing ten german bombers yes. Are the FA warning people not to sing it at wembley or they will be banned yes. It is cheap to get to a lot of England away games yes. are some of these lads posting on this thread yes. was red robbo wrong 110% he was. will red robbo ever admit to being caught right out or as he calls it talking shit never!!

Keep stoking the culture war mate. I'm out. Life's too short to point out the ridiculousness of your post there and indeed all the rest of your grammar-dodging geezerish nonsense.

On 26/06/2021 at 09:01, GrahamC said:

Don’t worry, they’ll then follow it up with “no surrender to the IRA”, though they would struggle to find Northern Ireland on a map even if it was pointed out to them & think the Good Friday Agreement is to do with Easter Eggs.

Pond life.

I’ve seen England fans on the tv singing this, whilst drinking in Irish bars!! 

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Very last word from me.

I didn't misrepresent anything and it's typical of your posting style to try and twist things and deflect by insisting I did.

Yes, sorry to say I do find you a crashing bore, not just on this thread, but just about every thread where you contribute - it's an inescapable conclusion based on your forum persona, but maybe you're different in real life.

Be interesting to see your thoughts on City some day - 99% of your posts seem to be on other matters.

I will have a lovely evening. Thanks.

You misrepresented me several times by saying/insinuating that I was calling for bans.

You then posted a link that you claimed showed fans were banned just for singing 10 GBs. When it was pointed out that your own article contradicted you, you just doubled down.

It's lovely that you think I'm a bore, but I'm only replying to you. If you find something boring, maybe stop?

And I did enjoy your usual "talk about City" dig. I'll talk about whatever I like, but thanks for the suggestion.

13 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

You misrepresented me several times by saying/insinuating that I was calling for bans.

You then posted a link that you claimed showed fans were banned just for singing 10 GBs. When it was pointed out that your own article contradicted you, you just doubled down.

It's lovely that you think I'm a bore, but I'm only replying to you. If you find something boring, maybe stop?

And I did enjoy your usual "talk about City" dig. I'll talk about whatever I like, but thanks for the suggestion.

People who read the thread will come to their own conclusions, but afaic you're talking rubbish.

I hope you enjoy talking to anyone on here who finds you interesting enough to converse with.

I doubt there will be that many apart from your miniscule non-footy clique, and I certainly won't be one of them.

Enjoy your evening and please sleep well later.

Archived