IGNORED

Le Tour 2021

Antman

Now all tracking has gone. Not sure if that's good or bad.   The back of the race had Cav, Sagan, Froome, Thomas amongst others. Be a brave organiser to throw that lot out.. 

3 minutes ago, DevonGeneral said:

Jose Been has just tweeted that Cav crossed the line without troubling the time limit!

40m 40s behind.. comfortably inside! 

3 hours ago, tin said:

Power meters enable the grupetto to pace it perfectly and be just within the time limit. Having the cut-off time relayed from the car helps, too. 

Exactly. Not like the old days. Mario Cipollini was famous for calculating the required time. The grupetto relied upon his calcs. 
There’s certain things about modern cycling I don’t like, and one of them is the riders being given time checks and pacing support by radio and onboard computers the whole day through. 

28 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Tough from here I reckon if Cav is to equal the record today 

Yeah BBC said if ever a day was going to be a breakaway its today..  looks like they called it right. Can't see them reeling in 13 minutes on a relatively flat stage.   Save his batteries for tomorrow maybe.

Looks like Cav still nabbed some points at the death. I think maybe after yesterday he needed a chilled ride.   Tomorrow however looks like his to loose. 

26 minutes ago, TomF said:

Looks like Cav still nabbed some points at the death. I think maybe after yesterday he needed a chilled ride.   Tomorrow however looks like his to loose. 

Would love to see him cross the line first in my old home town. 
The next 2 days are going to jog a lot of memories for me, especially Saturday when it’s through the lovely Razes area and up into the glorious Pyrénées 

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Would love to see him cross the line first in my old home town. 
The next 2 days are going to jog a lot of memories for me, especially Saturday when it’s through the lovely Razes area and up into the glorious Pyrénées 

I was gonna mention you re tomorrow’s stage Ralph. 
No doubt there’ll be some familiar sights for you. 

55 minutes ago, Harry said:

I was gonna mention you re tomorrow’s stage Ralph. 
No doubt there’ll be some familiar sights for you. 

Yes mate, I’ll certainly see loads of properties I’ve worked at, swimming pools I’ve maintained etc. 
Highlights for me on the Saturday will be the St George Gorge, it was hairy driving along that never mind cycling and the Col Montségur, not particularly high but a stunning Cathar Castle on top. 
Tomorrow will be miles of vineyards, Saturday, sunflowers then trees as they go up towards the Pyrénées.

With the forecast sunny late 20s early 30s, you could say I’m missing it a bit

If things were normal, I was meant to be going from Argeles-sur-Mer to Saint-Jean-de-Luz via the Pyrenees a few weeks ago, so the weekend stages are of added interest to me. Hopefully Cav equals Merckx’s record in Carcassone tomorrow first. 

Archived