IGNORED

Le Tour 2021

Antman

3 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Lots saying he will be DQ for that - i don’t think he will 

Merlier didn't seem upset at end, even put his arm out to say well done.  

38 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

13 minutes back in this stage along with Roglic. These crashes have really taken their toll - G dislocated his shoulder four days ago FFS. I don`t think I could drive a car much less get on a bike after doing that.

..and Frome!  Cavs got a faster GC time than him at moment. Really crazy year. 

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

That almost summed up the day. Just about to cross the line and almost brought down by a stray bottle!

Brilliant first day in the Alps. Pogacar looks on a different level to everyone atm 

Another crazy day on the Tour. As I remarked earlier in this thread and as commented on by TomF Pogacar is in a different league at the moment and should step on podiums of Grand Tours for the next decade. If he has good days Carapaz can still make the podium but Brailsford would need to give Tadej the biggest contract in  cycling history to land him for Ineos. 

3 hours ago, Rob k said:

If your Ineos you break the bank surely 

It’s scary how he climbed the final bit of that last mountain. Didn’t even get off his saddle.  

In one sense, it’s a magnificent ride from Pog, and he’s clearly head and shoulders above everyone. 
However, in another sense, you wish he’d kept it back for a few days - he’s won it even before we hit the first proper mountain stage!!! 
Tour over after stage 8. Absolutely mental! 

27 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Pogacar is just a bloody machine isn`t he? Terrific ride from Ben O`Connor as well.

Not sure what Pogacar is.

LA mk 2 perhaps? ?

UAE CEO is Maurio Gianetti. Worth reading up on the guy to at least consider some questions being asked about what we are seeing.

OTH Pogacar may just be a super human phenomenon.

Agree about O'Connor, shame he didn't get yellow, though I wonder if Pogacar would have allowed it even if Inneos hadn't pulled on the front.

5 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

Not sure what Pogacar is.

LA mk 2 perhaps? ?

UAE CEO is Maurio Gianetti. Worth reading up on the guy to at least consider some questions being asked about what we are seeing.

OTH Pogacar may just be a super human phenomenon.

Agree about O'Connor, shame he didn't get yellow, though I wonder if Pogacar would have allowed it even if Inneos hadn't pulled on the front.

I just did. Fascinating, especially to read that he nearly died from ingesting his drugs.

Can't decide if tomorrow is a stage for Cav or not..  its more Sagan than Cav for me.   If its a sprint there isn't many left to even give him a challenge... 

28 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He`ll be going for it though. Imagine if he beat Eddy Merckx`s record on the Champs Elysees!

Well if he can win tomorrow I’d fancy him on Thursday it’s just getting him over the hills in-between and after.. it would be awesome to hit 35 in Paris

Looking good for Cav assuming he's got the legs, didn't go for the intermediate sprint stage which hopefully means he's saved some power.. 

That was probably the most perfect lead out I’ve seen from a team in quite a number of years. They had it in full control from 5k out and then peeled off one by one with it still in absolute control. Asgren did a superb shift. 
Probably the best ‘train’ since Cav’s early days. 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

That was probably the most perfect lead out I’ve seen from a team in quite a number of years. They had it in full control from 5k out and then peeled off one by one with it still in absolute control. Asgren did a superb shift. 
Probably the best ‘train’ since Cav’s early days. 

Yeah this is the best he's had since the HTC days I'd say.   Hoping he survives Mont Ventoux tomorrow as surely he's got Thursday's stage in the bag.

30 minutes ago, TomF said:

Yeah this is the best he's had since the HTC days I'd say.   Hoping he survives Mont Ventoux tomorrow as surely he's got Thursday's stage in the bag.

And could make the record his own on friday 

Archived