IGNORED

Scott Parker leaving Fulham to go to B'mouth

CiderCraig

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Numerous reasons why he might leave. New challenge, playing budgets etc. Perhaps he can personally earn more money at Bournemouth as he might have been subject to a, severe cut in wage for Fulham's relegation. 

Wasn’t the owner outspoken about the way the team played last season and had a big input in players coming in?

9 minutes ago, daored said:

Wasn’t the owner outspoken about the way the team played last season and had a big input in players coming in?

I believe the owner's son is, or was, in charge of recruitment. I'm surprised they didn't appoint a recruitment expert like Mark Ashton.

1 hour ago, steveybadger said:

Bit harsh on Woodgate as well?

That’s what I thought. Woodgate didn’t set the world alight but he did a reasonable job under the circumstances. He demonstrated enough to have been given another season to see if he could build a promotion team.  

Like previous posters have said, there may be numerous good reasons for why he might make the move. However, if you are purely talking about size of club, you have to say that Fulham are a bigger club than AFC Bournemouth on just about every reasonable measure you could look at.

24 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

Reasonable job ain't enough for Bournemiuth nowadays they want the promised land.

True - but have they got delusions of grandeur based on their previous overspending? 

5 hours ago, WarksRobin said:

Thanks for confirming. I guess it’s promotion or bust for them this season because FFP will mean cost cutting is imminent

Yeah, though some big sales and player departures last season maybe mean it might not need to be as drastic as many assume- check their Departures List.

image.thumb.png.2b137fe23ff1c49740d88543135410db.png

Either they've changed their ways from 2014/15 promotion or the EFL had words with Business Plans, likely future losses etc...maybe a bit of both.

Definitely though if no promotion this coming season, it'd only get harder from there!

All their players had relegation wage drop clauses except 5- all but 1, maybe even all 5 were out by the end of January.

Archived