IGNORED

FBC Podcast ... in conversation with Dave Fevs on Euros, squad rebuild and fixtures

headhunter

Dave and I recorded our hour log tete a tete for this special episode on the Forever Bristol City podcast [also on Spotify & Google Podcasts]

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/summer-on-the-city-davefevs-and-davep-talk-euros-squad-rebuild-and-fixtures/

We look at England so far, the performances of Kalas, Nagy & Morrell.

What we think of the close season so far in terms of staff & player acquisition.

With no further additions how might we line up on August 7th ..... who's in & out, what formation, who may leave?

Fixtures 21/22 - only 9 home games after the New Years Day fixture with Millwall

Surprised you 2 reckon 20k+ at AG for the first home game if restrictions lifted.

I just can't see that much pent up enthusiasm to get to the Gate, and many will still be wary of crowds imo.

Re. striker signings, if signing Pigott would thwart Britton, then not sure of the point. I'd like to see Britton get some action this season.

Nice to hear HH's musings on the match with 'the krauts'.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Surprised you 2 reckon 20k+ at AG for the first home game if restrictions lifted.

I just can't see that much pent up enthusiasm to get to the Gate, and many will still be wary of crowds imo.

Re. striker signings, if signing Pigott would thwart Britton, then not sure of the point. I'd like to see Britton get some action this season.

Nice to hear HH's musings on the match with 'the krauts'.

Got 12.5k season card holders, guess it’s school holidays so might be a bit less perhaps.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Got 12.5k season card holders, guess it’s school holidays so might be a bit less perhaps.

They'll all be counted whether they go or not, I just don't think another 8k are likely to go.

8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

They'll all be counted whether they go or not, I just don't think another 8k are likely to go.

Lots of fans only attend a few matches a season so after 18 months I also see a high attendance. 

Its all down to what the what the government say on % of capacity allowed. 

10 minutes ago, redsapper said:

Lots of fans only attend a few matches a season so after 18 months I also see a high attendance. 

Its all down to what the what the government say on % of capacity allowed. 

You might be right, it'll be very interesting to see.

Really difficult to gauge this year. 2 years of awful home form and patchy results. People getting used to not going, to watching on TV or even not bothering at all.
Against that, bit of a new broom. Proper experienced head coach with real focus . Maybe a couple of signings, (though not ones to get pulses racing) and not being able to mix with mates at football and missing "that Matchday feeling". It could go either way.

I have a feeling of 17-18k, hope I'm wrong though.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You might be right, it'll be very interesting to see.

It will also depend on what, if any, restrictions are required in the ground. Will we have to wear masks? Can we sit in our ST seats? Will we have to get there two hours before kick off? Much as I`m itching to get back I`m in two minds if I have to drive up on my own, sit in the Upper Lansdown on my own instead of with my mates in the SS and then drive back on my own.

If there are those some or all of those in place and I can watch it on Robins TV for a tenner (no idea if this will actually be an option or not) I`d have a tricky decision to make - especially when you add in the road to hell that is the M5 on a holiday Saturday.

Thanks for good listening. Interesting to see how our starting eleven looks. When talking about Nagy Think we should Use him as the hungarens do in their team. For me he is in the starting eleven, he is intelligent and got the football brain. Maybe one of our young players makes succes this season. And Hope Semenyo starts to score, he is a very good player. Vyner as rb ok. Really hope we can start with a win vs Blackpool. COYR!!!

25 June last year saw the first episode of Forever Bristol City podcast - within the next 24 hours listeners of this latest edition will see us pass 30000 downloads in total!!

I'd like to thank Ian, DaveFevs & Mark in particular for their regular contributions plus others that have joined us and all those who have given positive and constructive comments on the content.

Archived