IGNORED

Women's football - a question

SecretSam

8 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

So, if an opponent closes down a player in men's football, people shoout "Man on"

What do they say in women's football?

I noticed that the girl pundit on the Czech game last night kept referring to 'players', as in , Netherlands went down to 11 players, or there was a player overlapping, and the male pundits , including Gary Neville also did this. Assume it would be the same on the pitch.

I assumed that they said "man on".

When I played in a lunchtime five a side league one of the other teams had a (very good) woman playing and the shout was still "man on" if she was about to take the ball off somebody.

I don't recall her being offended by this. She wasn't ugly or butch so would not have taken it as an insult.

53 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I noticed that the girl pundit on the Czech game last night kept referring to 'players', as in , Netherlands went down to 11 players, or there was a player overlapping, and the male pundits , including Gary Neville also did this. Assume it would be the same on the pitch.

They keep on saying ‘the men’s team’ too when talking about things  ???

11 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I assumed that they said "man on".

When I played in a lunchtime five a side league one of the other teams had a (very good) woman playing and the shout was still "man on" if she was about to take the ball off somebody.

I don't recall her being offended by this. She wasn't ugly or butch so would not have taken it as an insult.

I would have thought the same, for quickness and ease. 

• Admin
8 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Christ. 

Any chance we can just close this one now mods?

Completely agree

10 hours ago, SecretSam said:

So, if an opponent closes down a player in men's football, people shoout "Man on"

What do they say in women's football?

Perhaps go to a ladles game next season and ask one of the players 

I'm sure your question will get the response it deserves 

• The topic was locked

Archived