IGNORED

Elton John - STHs given priority for tickets. NOW

exAtyeoMax

2 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Out of interest thought I’d see what the prices are, saw him a few years ago so not bothered about seeing him again. Anyway a seat in the Dolman E32 would set me back £150. For the Killers same area cost me about £70 each. 

Yes, they're different artists. 

5 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Disgusting prices. And why should STH get priority? It's nowt to do with football

Probably because the powers that be want to get the show on, and fear another regional lock-down and the more tickets they can sell to locals, the more chance they'll have of making it viable.

But if the prices that have been mentioned are anything to go by, he probably only needs to sell a dozen tickets and he is quids in anyway.

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Disgusting prices. And why should STH get priority? It's nowt to do with football

Well that's new, complaining when the club do a good thing for STH. 
I guess as it's organised by the club they thought they would give the STH a gesture of thanks for support, it also costs the club nothing. 

I would have been tempted as it's supposed to be his last tour, but £200 for me and her when I've not liked much of his stuff since Yellow brick road/Captain Fantastic.  I know it's how artists make the majority of their money now, but it is getting out of hand with "big gigs"

8 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Maybe as a benefit for being a loyal customer of Bristol Sport? Of course it won't appeal to everyone, especially not at those prices, but for those who do want to go it's an advantage.

You don't have to be a miserable contrarian about absolutely everything you know.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I wouldn't pay it but evidently enough people do or he wouldn't charge it. I suppose there's always the thinking that it might be the last time people get to see him live.

Ha ha.. I thought that when I bought tickets for £9 to see the Rolling Stones at Ashton Gate in the mid eighties..

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I wouldn't pay it but evidently people do or he wouldn't charge it. I suppose there's always the thinking that it might be the last time people get to see him live.

There was also that very weak argument a few years back, that if performers charged more, they could kill off the secondary ticket market.

Basically, fans pay the inflated price to the organiser, rather than some GetMeIn type company.

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I wouldn't pay it but evidently enough people do or he wouldn't charge it

I was looking at him, the Who and Fleetwood Mac some time ago. These are the cheaper end of some of their gigs. VIP tickets for the Who or FM, not sure may have been both, were around the £600 mark.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

I was looking at him, the Who and Fleetwood Mac some time ago. These are the cheaper end of some of their gigs. VIP tickets for the Who or FM, not sure may have been both, were around the £600 mark.

I remember my parents paying the thick end of £100 each to see Tina Turner and that was getting on for 15 years ago.

Just now, Northern Red said:

I remember my parents paying the thick end of £100 each to see Tina Turner and that was getting on for 15 years ago.

I still moan paying £50 + for Weller, then again I complained about paying £7.50 for the Jam's farewell tour at Wembley Arena ?

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I received an email saying that Season ticket holders have been given priority, just bought tickets

I'm not a season ticket holder but just received this email from the club offering me priority booking also. Seems the Marketing Dept are working hard at telling us we are all special.

ELTON JOHN FAREWELL YELLOW BRICK ROAD: THE FINAL TOUR

As a valued Ashton Gate subscriber we’re pleased to offer you an exclusive pre-sale link to purchase tickets to Elton John Farewell Yellow Brick Road: The Final Tour at Ashton Gate on Wednesday, 22 June 2022. The Ashton Gate show will be the last time Elton ever performs in the South West of England on tour.

We are giving you an exclusive priority booking window from today (Monday, 28 June) until 10pm on Tuesday, 29 June, to purchase in the pre-sale. Tickets will then go on general sale at 10am on Wednesday, 30 June.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fccassets.communicatorcdn.com%2F3623%2FAshton%2520Gate%25202021%2520Red%2520Button%2520-%2520Buy%2520Tickets.jpg&t=1624878739&ymreqid=56764a55-d7a7-b43c-1c62-800000015200&sig=9ZhcOpo2v0gdSoqbUE5WKA--~D
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fccassets.communicatorcdn.com%2F3623%2FAshton%2520Gate%25202021%2520Red%2520Button%2520-%2520Find%2520Out%2520More.jpg&t=1624878739&ymreqid=56764a55-d7a7-b43c-1c62-800000015200&sig=tfLrGpYkFcH_pXi7hblJiw--~D

HOSPITALITY PACKAGES

We have limited availability for our hospitality packages for the show which can be purchased by visiting the Ashton Gate ticketing website. Full details of the available packages are below. 

Archived