IGNORED

Elton John - STHs given priority for tickets. NOW

exAtyeoMax

19 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I'm not a season ticket holder but just received this email from the club offering me priority booking also. Seems the Marketing Dept are working hard at telling us we are all special.

ELTON JOHN FAREWELL YELLOW BRICK ROAD: THE FINAL TOUR

As a valued Ashton Gate subscriber we’re pleased to offer you an exclusive pre-sale link to purchase tickets to Elton John Farewell Yellow Brick Road: The Final Tour at Ashton Gate on Wednesday, 22 June 2022. The Ashton Gate show will be the last time Elton ever performs in the South West of England on tour.

We are giving you an exclusive priority booking window from today (Monday, 28 June) until 10pm on Tuesday, 29 June, to purchase in the pre-sale. Tickets will then go on general sale at 10am on Wednesday, 30 June.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fccassets.communicatorcdn.com%2F3623%2FAshton%2520Gate%25202021%2520Red%2520Button%2520-%2520Buy%2520Tickets.jpg&t=1624878739&ymreqid=56764a55-d7a7-b43c-1c62-800000015200&sig=9ZhcOpo2v0gdSoqbUE5WKA--~D
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fccassets.communicatorcdn.com%2F3623%2FAshton%2520Gate%25202021%2520Red%2520Button%2520-%2520Find%2520Out%2520More.jpg&t=1624878739&ymreqid=56764a55-d7a7-b43c-1c62-800000015200&sig=tfLrGpYkFcH_pXi7hblJiw--~D

HOSPITALITY PACKAGES

We have limited availability for our hospitality packages for the show which can be purchased by visiting the Ashton Gate ticketing website. Full details of the available packages are below. 

They obviously don't like you either…?

Well I bought some tickets and thanks to those who highlighted the offer - my email was in junk mail so hadn't seen it.

Despite some people's negativity he has written and performed some absolute rock classics  and I'm looking forward to the concert. 

5 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

Well I bought some tickets and thanks to those who highlighted the offer - my email was in junk mail so hadn't seen it.

Despite some people's negativity he has written and performed some absolute rock classics  and I'm looking forward to the concert. 

I'm hoping or expecting the support to be good

Just went direct to Ticketmaster and they are offering cheaper tickets for American Express card holders than City Season Card holders as presales. Bit of a con really because you may find cheaper tickets get released on Wednesday morning - albeit pot luck whether or not you get them. 

4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I was looking at him, the Who and Fleetwood Mac some time ago. These are the cheaper end of some of their gigs. VIP tickets for the Who or FM, not sure may have been both, were around the £600 mark.

Last gig I attended was the Who at Ashton Gate. Called in the ground at about 11.am. and got tickets for me and the wife on the pitch. Can't remember how much they cost though.

bought four as my missus and her mate from work are big fans. £99 each is a serious chunk but the upper Lansdown are at least decent seats and I know the view from the STs.

Best value I think I ever paid was £60 each for 2001 at Slane Castle (U2's "homecoming" concert, supported by chilli peppers and coldplay before they were really big, plus a chunk of other decent artists)... followed by the B&B landlady waiting up to take us to the local pub to join in the fun with her husband and son, it was past dawn when we wandered back for breakfast

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

Probably true of most bands. Much cheaper, at least as good as the real thing, and much better view!

We saw Rumours of Fleetwood Mac in Torquay, with tickets and hotel it probably cost the same as a single ticket for the real group. My Mrs fav, she loved it so it was a winner.

38 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

I hope you enjoy it, if it was someone I really liked I might have been swayed. £200 for the 2 of us is just too much for me at the moment.

24 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Last gig I attended was the Who at Ashton Gate. Called in the ground at about 11.am. and got tickets for me and the wife on the pitch. Can't remember how much they cost though.

I think there were cheap tickets around the day of the gig for Rod Stewart. I may look nearer the time.

17 minutes ago, semblar said:

Best value I think I ever paid was £60 each for 2001 at Slane Castle (U2's "homecoming" concert, supported by chilli peppers and coldplay before they were really big, plus a chunk of other decent artists)... followed by the B&B landlady waiting up to take us to the local pub to join in the fun with her husband and son, it was past dawn when we wandered back for breakfast

Brilliant.
Times have really changed. I never liked festivals but got a phonemail from a mate about the Isle of Wight, 2004 (I think). Did I fancy it , camping sorted few mates on the piss for the weekend. I think tickets were under £30. When I heard the line up I said yes. Charlatans, Manics, Snow Patrol, Bowie, the Who. Now you would have to buy tickets before an act is announced and just chance it. Best decision I've made. 

49 minutes ago, shelts said:

I would love to see Sir Elton but simply can’t afford it, I will however be sat in the Park with a lovely picnic and the Mrs and pretend to be inside . If I had the cash of would’ve paid .

Hope the weathers fine for you and I’m sure you’ll have a nice time. 

7 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Well that's new, complaining when the club do a good thing for STH. 
I guess as it's organised by the club they thought they would give the STH a gesture of thanks for support, it also costs the club nothing. 

I would have been tempted as it's supposed to be his last tour, but £200 for me and her when I've not liked much of his stuff since Yellow brick road/Captain Fantastic.  I know it's how artists make the majority of their money now, but it is getting out of hand with "big gigs"

Wasn’t the last tour his last tour? 

Despite some people's negativity he has written and performed some absolute rock classics  and I'm looking forward to the concert. 

He absolutely has mate the problem for me is there’s just no one going to tell Elton he’s way past his best as lots of people are making lots of money from yet another farewell tour, almost as bad as football agent’s.

34 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Wasn’t the last tour his last tour? 

Seeing as I was at the Icicle Works and The Men They Couldn't Hang's farewell tours, and seen them both again since, there is every chance .
The only one that has stuck has been the Jam I think.

Archived