IGNORED

Pickford creates a path.

Waconda

Pickford "crocked" Van Dijk which leads to the Netherlands best defender missing the Euros. Which in turn leaves the Dutch weaker at the back and getting knocked out by the Czechs.

This leaves England's half of the draw (and therefore their path to the final) very much easier (in theory).

I think "in theory" is the key bit here. The sides still left in the draw on England's side are more than capable of beating us.

IF (and a that is a big if) we get past Germany then I doubt any of the others will be too upset at the propect of facing England, and those teams will also see it as a chance to progress. I'd expect tough games from here on in a tournament like this regardless of any perceived or hostorical bias on comparitive strengths of the teams.

Denamrk are currently ranked higher than Germany (and Netherlands) in the FIFA world rankings, so based on ranking alone you'd have expected an England vs Denamrk Semi Final given the draw.

1 hour ago, VT05763 said:

Pickford "crocked" Van Dijk which leads to the Netherlands best defender missing the Euros. Which in turn leaves the Dutch weaker at the back and getting knocked out by the Czechs.

This leaves England's half of the draw (and therefore their path to the final) very much easier (in theory).

I dont think you are giving enough credit to Pickford's father, who conceived him.

10 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Don’t like to see Pickford playing for England, his foul on Van Dyke would have meant prison time anywhere other than a football pitch!

He hardly went out to end his career. It was an awful tackle but let's not make out that he should have had a severe punishment.

54 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Were England to win tomorrow night, I do feel confident of getting to the semis.

Unfortunately, from what I've seen so far, I cannot see anyone other than France, Belgium or Italy winning the tournament.

If England win tomorrow, I reckon even I will get a semi!

Archived