IGNORED

England v. Germany Matchday Thread

CyderInACan

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Gotta be honest, after the end-to-end goalfests last night, I'm expecting a dull-as-ditchwater match, with probably one unimpressive goal settling it.

It's what we do.

Just don’t understand.  We’ve been so so defensive already and now we’re going even more defensive.  Nuts in my opinion. I defended the Scotland game but this set up will be difficult to defend if we go out.  But if we scab a 1-0 Ill be over the moon. Let’s see…….

All about players winning their battles tonight.  Too often against the better sides, and Germany, although not at their best, are still a good international team, we are too gung-ho, get picked off, and end up chasing games.  This plays into opposition hands, who take the sting out of us, pass it and pick up tippy-tappy fouls, wasting time etc.

The longer we stay in this the better, for me.

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

David Seaman dressing for a bit of Saturday night fever 

That’s what I thought! ???

2 minutes ago, daored said:

It’s that Gaza miss for me , it’s gets closer each year. Soon it’ll go in!!

Oh god, just willing it in…

1 minute ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

The Germans have midfielders that are far more creative than ours and can score a goal. Would have loved to see Bellingham. If it goes South I hope we throw on Sancho, Grealish, Mount and Foden.

Given the formation it would have made sense to put Bellingham or Henderson instead of one of the two holding midfielders.

No great surprise that Southgate hasn’t included Jack, Mason and Foden, albeit they are the most exciting players we have. Assume they will be the ‘game changer’ subs. 

Can’t understand the exclusion of Calvert-Lewin from the subs bench though.

Anyhow, he’s no doubt studied zillions of hours of video of the German Team and has set us up not to fail. So common England, please win and don’t bore us to death. 

1 minute ago, RedRock said:

No great surprise that Southgate hasn’t included Jack, Mason and Foden, albeit they are the most exciting players we have. Assume they will be the ‘game changer’ subs. 

Can’t understand the exclusion of Calvert-Lewin from the subs bench though.

Anyhow, he’s no doubt studied zillions of hours of video of the German Team and has set us up not to fail. So common England, please win and don’t bore us to death. 

Don’t mind being bored to death tonight as long as we win 

I'm an absolute maelstrom of emotions and thoughts right now. We've got a great chance...but then it's Germany...but it's Wembley...yeh but it's England...but Saka could rip Hummels a new one...but Maguire's got a mistake in him...but Kane can do stuff...but he's been knackered all tournament. I really cannot call it.

All I can do is dream.

Archived