IGNORED

England v. Germany Matchday Thread

CyderInACan

The 2 DM’s are having a problem with Germany’s set up. 
They aren’t playing a DM so they’ve always got an overload. 
Rice & Phillips are worrying about Kroos or Goretzka, but then either Havertz or Muller are dropping deep, in behind our 2, with loads of space. 
If they score, it’s coming from there. 

Just now, Harry said:

The 2 DM’s are having a problem with Germany’s set up. 
They aren’t playing a DM so they’ve always got an overload. 
Rice & Phillips are worrying about Kroos or Goretzka, but then either Havertz or Muller are dropping deep, in behind our 2, with loads of space. 
If they score, it’s coming from there. 

They're both on bookings as well which could give them a real problem, especially Phillips who likes a tackle.

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Its an absolute joke Calvert-Lewin's not on the bench when Kane is this out of form/short on confidence

Yep. Said that at the start.

No doubt Southgate will put the totally ineffective  and out-of -form Rashford on for Kane at some stage. 

1 minute ago, Coppello said:

Surprised by the comments on here. I thought we were very controlled but just need a little more in the final third. Saka, Maguire and Walker have been excellent for me. We’re definitely better than them. 

Frustration due to the lack of attacking intent,

It's like watching Lee johnsons bristol city, to worried about Germany and not conceding rather then trying to win the game

3 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Surprised by the comments on here. I thought we were very controlled but just need a little more in the final third. Saka, Maguire and Walker have been excellent for me. We’re definitely better than them. 

I think we’ve done ok. But there’s just a couple of worrying signs. Our 2 DM’s aren’t locating their 2 AM’s at all. And Kane is virtually anonymous bar the last 2 minutes. 

Just now, BCFC Richard said:

Kane comes inside hummels does amazingly to get back - no way Kane should be hitting that first time. He's unlucky, just great defending. 

The reactions on here you'd think we were being battered or playing some second rate team. 

Well when you have Lineker and shearer two of England's greatest ever strikers saying he should hit it first time......

2 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Kane comes inside hummels does amazingly to get back - no way Kane should be hitting that first time. He's unlucky, just great defending. 

The reactions on here you'd think we were being battered or playing some second rate team. 

A confident/in form Kane takes that first time or his touch is better to stop it closer to him to get a shot away on the next touch

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Well when you have Lineker and shearer two of England's greatest ever strikers saying he should hit it first time......

Watching the replay now, Neuer has the angle completely covered and there is Noone inside watch how quick hummels recovers its just great defending. 

Ah, the joys of the Match Day thread - the keenness to jump on mistakes, blame everything, the shape, the team, etc.  Sometimes teams start well, sometimes they don’t.  Overall we’ve been the better team.  A couple of little worries, but we are playing against a good team who won’t let us have it our own way all the time.

Over at EMIB (Eine Mannschaft im Berlin) you should read the comments:

Mein Gott, Hummels is scheiße, Löw isn’t ein nöbber, Werner hast ein klein Wiener.  ?

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Agree. I'd say Germany have much more space in that area. England don't have much space in that area of the pitch up the other end.

Yep. They’re playing almost a 5-2-2-1, with high wingbacks. Our 2 DM’s are picking their 2 CM’s, leaving their 2 AM’s in space between, and obvs none of our CB’s are gonna come too high with them. 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think we’ve done ok. But there’s just a couple of worrying signs. Our 2 DM’s aren’t locating their 2 AM’s at all. And Kane is virtually anonymous bar the last 2 minutes. 

Rice doesn’t reposition himself quickly enough after Pickford kicks long…dawdles back into the centre.  First 15 mins 3 CBSs marking Werner, leaving 3 on 2 v Rice and Phillips.  Sorted that though.

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

A confident/in form Kane takes that first time or his touch is better to stop it closer to him to get a shot away on the next touch

I think he is dilieratley stepping inside the GK. But agree in best form the touch would be tighter. 

We’ve been gifted a route to the final two tournaments in a row but unfortunately we have a complete clown in charge, my boy is at the game and he text to say that Kane is barely moving and way off the pace, get our match winners on ffs

Archived