IGNORED

England v. Germany Matchday Thread

CyderInACan

Just now, Monkeh said:

He creates goals, we are a much more dangerous team with him on the pitch

But that danger is much more easily nullified when the defenders hes against havent been playing for an hour before him.

It's impossible to say whether him starting would have been better or worse.

We won, and actually pretty comfortably.  Southgate got it right.

I cannot even put into words what this means. 

I'm sat in my office, thousands of miles from home, watching on my phone. But my god the emotions are running wild. There's a memory of an 8 year old crying as a grey shirted Southgate lamely hits a ball towards the goal - and it's gone. Deleted. 

I thought that was perfect. Honestly perfect. We didn't get lucky, we didn't cheat, we didn't get a dodgy penalty. We controlled ourselves, and largely controlled the Germans. We ******* won 2-0 for god's sake.

I know its fashionable to hate Southgate and every choice he ever makes, but he's done a good job.

Semi finals in the World Cup, minimum of Quarter finals this time, with Spain the biggest threat left.

Would be nice if our football was a bit more expansive, but more than happy with a conservative style that sees us do well for once.

Some here would moan if we won the final 1-0.

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

The Grealish effect. 

Spot on - think he's our main man.

Important company for Kane up front and would build the team around him in a free role / No 10.

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

The Grealish effect. 

Spot on - think he's our main man.

Important company for Kane up front and would build the team around him in a free role / No 10.

3 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

A win at last . The first time in my life against Germany when it counts . That we never got out of second gear , that we have so much talent that never got on the pitch . Some very strange tactics , but I bow to the result . We can beat anyone but we must start believing our talent . We won this game and we’re a patch of our potential . We have so much more to give . 

well done everyone and Southgate you don’t convince me but you have delivered  and get the champagne. Facts not words . 

imagine how damn good this team could be. 

Great night great Euros . The games , with crowds at last show the world why football is magical and the European teams exceptional 

Did anyone leave early?

1 minute ago, tin said:

Only Sweden, Ukraine, Czechs, Denmark stand between us and the final. We’ve never got a better opportunity of winning the Euros than now, especially with the semis and final at Wembley 

You’ve gone and done it now tin!

Archived