IGNORED

5o'clock kick off

Slacker

1 minute ago, Slacker said:

I assume this has been mentioned elsewhere, so,apologies if it has, but 5o'clock kick off for a game like this.How out of touch are the people running football?People's game my arse!Rant over!

Schedules sorted pre-tournament.  Not everyone is on BST.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Schedules sorted pre-tournament.  Not everyone is on BST.

That is a very good point Dave.Do you know what the biggest gap in time zones is?I would guess it isn't more than a couple of hours, but don't actually know.

9 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I assume this has been mentioned elsewhere, so,apologies if it has, but 5o'clock kick off for a game like this.How out of touch are the people running football?People's game my arse!Rant over!

Err so that they can play 2 games per day at different times 

5 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Err so that they can play 2 games per day at different times 

But at the later stages just one game a day could be played?

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Far side of Russia is GMT+12

Another good point.

20 minutes ago, Slacker said:

But at the later stages just one game a day could be played?

Another good point.

We would be here until next year if you want 8 days for the second round. The problem is 24 teams, be a bit easier with 16 teams and straight to the QFs

50 minutes ago, Slacker said:

That is a very good point Dave.Do you know what the biggest gap in time zones is?I would guess it isn't more than a couple of hours, but don't actually know.

The 8pm kick off (here) last night was still being played past midnight local time. If they’re having two games at different times then that’s why one needs to be a 5pm game I suppose. 

54 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Azerbaijan, 3 hours ahead.

1 hour ago, Banned User said:

No you don't

This is why I seldom post anything. I admit I am pretty stupid but at least not too stupid to realise that I am stupid.Thanks all of you for being gentle with me!

15 hours ago, Slacker said:

So they can fit in two games per day, both mostly out of office hours? I'm sure if you write to UEFA they'll apologise if it was inconvenient.

Just now, SecretSam said:

So they can fit in two games per day, both mostly out of office hours? I'm sure if you write to UEFA they'll apologise if it was inconvenient.

Great idea Sam.Do you happen to have their address?

In hindsightI was happy to admit this was a naive question and was grateful for the responses that helped me to understand the decision for the early kick off time. Thanks again to those that responded in a helpful manner. 

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Did you manage to find that address Sam?I would also like to complain to EUFA,that Saturday's game clashes with The Chase Celebrity Special.What goes through these people's minds?Absolutely no consideration for the little people.

2 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Did you manage to find that address Sam?I would also like to complain to EUFA,that Saturday's game clashes with The Chase Celebrity Special.What goes through these people's minds?Absolutely no consideration for the little people.

While your complaint is of course entirely valid, I think EUFA will have enough on their plate already :) 

Home - European Fisheries Alliance EUFA

11 minutes ago, Red7 said:

While your complaint is of course entirely valid, I think EUFA will have enough on their plate already :) 

Home - European Fisheries Alliance EUFA

Whilst I understand your concern Mr7,it is a question of priorities. I mean fishing?It's not really a sport is it even if you have got a big boat.

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I was working 2-10 yesterday, I can’t believe uefa didn’t consider this when deciding on 5pm and 8 pm kick offs.

They are so out of touch! 

Leave it with me Bill.As soon as Sam finds me that address I will be on the case.Can't make any promises mind,but will do my best.

9 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

If you know how corruption works, that would help. 

I am not really up to speed with that Norn,butI will need that address pretty quick.I think UEFA shuts half day on Wednesday, so might have to leave it till tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

It's disgusting, I'm sure you could Google UEFA. And EUFA, too, for that matter.

Write to your MP, too, c/o "Big Old House by the River, London"

• Admin
19 hours ago, Slacker said:

Assume that you remember the world cup the over year where we were watching games at 07:30 in the morning?

It's all about timezones

Just for balance the France game Monday night actually finished early Tuesday morning in Bucharest

Archived