IGNORED

5o'clock kick off

Slacker

2 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Hang on, just found UEFA's address:

Big Football building thing

A city near a lake or a mountain

Switzerland

Next door to France (and Italy, Germany, probably Austria, too)

That should be quite easy for the postie to find.Just one question. I am a bit out of touch with all this Internet stuff.How do I attach a first class stamp to an email?

1 minute ago, Slacker said:

That should be quite easy for the postie to find.Just one question. I am a bit out of touch with all this Internet stuff.How do I attach a first class stamp to an email?

Take a photo of it and attach that to the email. 

Mind you get a proof of delivery, they're a slippery lot at UEFA. As are the fish at EUFA.

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Assume that you remember the world cup the over year where we were watching games at 07:30 in the morning?

It's all about timezones

Just for balance the France game Monday night actually finished early Tuesday morning in Bucharest

Thanks Phantom. To be honest,even I should have worked that out!

2 hours ago, Slacker said:

Maybe I should start a regular thread for us more "challenged" posters?Today's question....Where does the sun go at night?

It turns into the moon - like a dull version of its daytime self so we can still get home at night.

• Admin
5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The bit that surprised me I guess, was from a commercial POV here plus Europe wide, England v Germany will pull far more viewers than Sweden v Ukraine.

Commercially, bit surprised that this wasn't the 8pm kickoff but if decided pre tournament, schedule wise it's just how it is.

The venue and kick off times are decided months in advance. 

When the draw is done for the groups we can see when and where all games will be played.

On the basis over 20 million watched on TV there clearly wasn't an issue with the kick off time 

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

The venue and kick off times are decided months in advance. 

When the draw is done for the groups we can see when and where all games will be played.

On the basis over 20 million watched on TV there clearly wasn't an issue with the kick off time 

What would you guess the viewing figures would have been for an eight o'clock kick off?I would imagine a substantial increase.

17 hours ago, Slacker said:

Maybe I should start a regular thread for us more "challenged" posters?Today's question....Where does the sun go at night?

From my vantage point in Bemmy it goes just behind the suspension bridge

15 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Is Sepp Bloater still in charge at EUFA?

I'd bet five Squid Eel still be around, but for Cod's sake, that's FIFA... 

43 minutes ago, southside said:

From my vantage point in Bemmy it goes just behind the suspension bridge

Leigh Woods. Figures. Surprised they let us plebs see it.

• Admin
10 hours ago, Slacker said:

What would you guess the viewing figures would have been for an eight o'clock kick off?I would imagine a substantial increase.

Will be interesting to see the increase for this Saturday's match

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Will be interesting to see the increase for this Saturday's match

It will.A much more "viewer friendly"time,and a quarter final too.Would imagine a fair increase even if it doesn't have the England/Germany appeal to it.I hate to admit it but I actually feel pretty confident about this one and don't generally feel like that before big games!

GREAT NEWS.

I spoke to a nice lady at EUFA just now and told her that some of us were a bit cross that we missed the game because of the 5o'clock kick off.She was very helpful and told me not too worry and that the next game would start at 8o'clock.

It just goes to show that maybe sometimes the little man at the bottom can make a difference. You are all welcome. 

8 hours ago, Slacker said:

GREAT NEWS.

I spoke to a nice lady at EUFA just now and told her that some of us were a bit cross that we missed the game because of the 5o'clock kick off.She was very helpful and told me not too worry and that the next game would start at 8o'clock.

It just goes to show that maybe sometimes the little man at the bottom can make a difference. You are all welcome. 

You`re modestly omitting to mention the fact that not only did you get the kick off time changed but you got the game played on a Saturday too!

3 minutes ago, redsince82 said:

Really looking forward to this whole debate being regurgitated at Qatar 2022, 

The match schedule was confirmed by FIFA on 15 July 2020 The opening match, featuring the hosts Qatar, will be played on 21 November 2022, 13:00 local time (UTC+3), at the Al Bayt Stadium. During the group stage, four matches will be played on each day, with kick-off times being 13:00, 16:00, 19:00 and 22:00 for the first two rounds, and 18:00 and 22:00 for the simultaneous kick-offs of the last round and for knockout stage matches. 

25 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

You`re modestly omitting to mention the fact that not only did you get the kick off time changed but you got the game played on a Saturday too!

All part of the service sir.

Archived