IGNORED

Who will lift the trophy? (predictions at Q-finals stage) England, Spain, Belgium, Italy, other.

AppyDAZE

Who will lift the trophy? (Q-finals stage predictions)  

211 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I backed Italy at 17/2 pre tournament on Betfair,   who are now down to 9/2.......So i am quite happy.   But that pales into   insignificance alongside the punter who had an   £11.50  Golf/ Euros  six selection accumulator on Betfair..............and just won a MILLION QUID.  ? ?     The last selection was a 35/1 shot who won a golf tournament playoff................the punter said he nearly had a coronary when the winning putt went in!!!  Ha!     That is such a brilliant brave bet!

59 minutes ago, marmite said:

I've gone Denmark too. Not sure why, just a feeling. I think anyone can win it though.

I think it’s an understandable (sub)conscious reaction to Eikkson. The second game (second half) tells you more about the Dane’s realistic prospects IMO when they were completely outplayed by Belgium. 

Then again, 92 and all that…

1 hour ago, marmite said:

I've gone Denmark too. Not sure why, just a feeling. I think anyone can win it though.

I’m not buying into the hype around Denmark. Lots has been made of them due to the Erikson story, rightly so really as it took lots of resolve to pull together after that.

They’re solid and functional but nothing special I don’t think. I think them vs Czech is a toss up.

I've backed Italy at 8/1 and also Denmark at 16/1.   I never back England but would be ecstatic to lose both these bets for us.  I like to think I'll either be very happy or a bit wealthier.

18 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Hmnn

Spain going under the radar

Centre halves not good enough?

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I’m not buying into the hype around Denmark. Lots has been made of them due to the Erikson story, rightly so really as it took lots of resolve to pull together after that.

They’re solid and functional but nothing special I don’t think. I think them vs Czech is a toss up.

They've been pretty dominant tbh, even in the games v Belgium and Finland- well in the case of the Finland game of course overshadowed by Eriksen stuff, they bossed the ball and the chances- Finland had one shot and scored it.

Vs Belgium, they were dominant in the first half but always thought they needed a 2nd, Belgium did come back into it but the loss was an unlucky one IIRC Braithwaite hit the bar late on, they are top or 2nd top scorers in the tournament to date tbh IIRC, bit more than solid and functional in some ways.

Then again, their performances to date shouldn't be that surprising- they don't lose often, they have players across a variety of decent sized or ranked clubs who get decent gametime...

75 shots, 4 games- fairly attack minded. Don't think they'll win it though.

4 hours ago, steveybadger said:

I think it’s an understandable (sub)conscious reaction to Eikkson. The second game (second half) tells you more about the Dane’s realistic prospects IMO when they were completely outplayed by Belgium

Then again, 92 and all that…

Debatable as to whether they were completely outplayed in the 2nd half, and by the same token they probably deserved more than a 1 goal lead at half time.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Debatable as to whether they were completely outplayed in the 2nd half, and by the same token they probably deserved more than a 1 goal lead at half time.

Yes probably a bit OTT. What I should’ve said is there were second best once De Bruyne came on!

I'm edging towards Italy again, but this poll is showing a dangerous disregard towards Spain.

I'm thinking about an England v Spain final.

How confident would we actually be of lifting the trophy?

50/50 probably, but they have been there and done it, and we haven't.

Still think it will be a tall order to actually lift the trophy, but if we get to a final, I accept that it would have been a great tournament.

There have been some great gemes and I am loving it all.

Archived